• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue - Team Go-Getters Out Of The Gate! (021)

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
The pros:
- Some quite excellent animation, especially in the final battle with Skarmory
- Pretty good voice acting for the most part
- It got me quite interested in purchasing the Mystery Dungeon games for myself

The cons:
- PUSA misidentified Ekans as Arbok? That doesn't bode very well...
- Hot dang, Pichu's voice was annoying
- I kinda saw the Water Gun revalation coming a mile away

Overall, a decent enough special in spite of its flaws. I certainly don't regret watching it, that's for darn sure.

TotodileCharizard

I liked it overall, Team Meanies was the best except Medicham. lol my little brother was laughing at their name and all the subtitles. That was pretty cool though, got me back into getting excited for Mystery Dungeon. I liked Charmander the best :D Squirtle was meh.

It got me so mad they said Arbok instead of Ekans. Gah.

Maybe this is like Foster home for imaganry friends/Lilo + Stich, They show the kick-of special to get you exited then about a month or two later they'll show the series.
Kinda like a test to see how popular it would be.

You should expect a seres.

Im gonna type some Fanfic:
Setting:A Young boy named Jack is an average kid.He plays Comp,he goes outside, but most of all he loves Pokemon.He's got a better than tournament worthy team on his Emerald.But today,when an unusual storm hits,wierd things begin to happen.This is his story:

Jack:See ya mom,I'm going on a Bike ride.
Mom:Bye dear,but be sure to be back by 5:00, a nasty storm is coming.
Jack:*On his bike riding to Pecan Park*Jeez i'm not a 5-year old,I know what I'm doing...
???:----
Jack:What was that?Meh...nothing I guess.
*Parking his bike and laying down in the grass*
Jack:Wow,those clouds are wierd...kinda makes me sorta---*Goes to sleep*
---
---
---
*BOOOM*
Jack:WTF?
*He sees that its raining and the tree couple yards away is on fire*
Jack:OMG!!!What time is it???
*checks watch*
Jack:6:15!!!???Oh god its the thunder storm!!!
Jack:*choking on the Smoke*Oh god I cant breath...
*passes out*

To find out what happens next click the first link in my Sig:D

Last edited:

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Maybe this is like Foster home for imaganry friends/Lilo + Stich, They show the kick-of special to get you exited then about a month or two later they'll show the series.
Kinda like a test to see how popular it would be.

You should expect a seres.

Come on, don't say stuff like that. This is how rumors get started - one person makes up one thing, and everyone else misconstrues it. Nothing's been confirmed, and we have no indication that this was anything more than a one-time special.

On the contrary,we don't have proof that it isn't just a series.(Not trying to sound childish)

My proof:
When it says "to be continued"
At the Bryant Party preview the guys in the backround said it would be a series.Also the pokemon director on the stage said it would be.

Your move Jesse...
Choose wisely...

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
On the contrary,we don't have proof that it isn't just a series.(Not trying to sound childish)

My proof:
When it says "to be continued"
At the Bryant Party preview the guys in the backround said it would be a series.Also the pokemon director on the stage said it would be.

Your move Jesse...
Choose wisely...

The "To Be Continued..." was also put at the end of all the HoSo specials, and those were all just one shots. As for the rest of your proof, I want to see the original sources of your information first - I know better than to go by heresay, especially on this board.

ashes

*dances*
It was kind of cheesy. The team kept jumping onto a screen ful of multi colored lines and there voices kind of scared me. The plot was great though, I just wish the squirtle could've been a girl though......

pit-fall

Angels Amoonguss
It was surprisingly good. I mean, some voices needed some getting used to, and Team Meanies was kinda stupid, but it actually made me want to get Mystery Dungeon!

I hope it becomes a side series, at least 13 episodes or so.

I totally agree with every word you said - er - typed. This is kindof off topic but now im gonna by MD Blue and take the quiz until i get squirtle!

Faerie

MONS
A good episode. The dubbing on this was MUCH better than 4Kids' work. The music might not have been Japanese (or it might have been, I don't know), but it was really great regardless. "Big Brother Pikachu" was a pretty darn faitful translation of "Pikachuu Oniisan", and I appreciated that. Not to mention that 4Kids never would have let the word "missle" slip in...speaking of that, Team Meanies was kind of funny. I look forward to seeing the rest.

"I don't like it! I don't care what it looks like to anyone else, I don't like it one bit!"

Last edited:

undrhil

Pokémon Game Addict
Haha! Homosexuality as a mental disease? Sure, I admit it's not natural, but I'm sick of everyone pointing to stuff being mental diseases. Just get away from that, ok? Otherwise, they didn't sound homosexual to me, they sounded like those guys in the Revenge of the Nerds movies, the guys who were trying too hard to be nerds since they obviously weren't nerds in real life. Just stick some glasses and pocket protectors on the Kecleon brothers and there you go.

About the Pokemon calling out their moves. Go watch the standard anime some more. Everytime a Pokemon is about to attack, it says it's name in some different way. They could be calling out their attacks in every battle and we would never know since we don't understand Pokemon speech. I do agree that this show seemed to be geared more towards younger people, but let's look at it this way: it wasn't made in Japan like the other anime, so the people making it are using the mindset of "It's a cartoon, it's for little kids." I think all the Pokemon animes should be made in Japan so they are more like the original anime.

Undrhil

TeddiUrsa

A good episode. The dubbing on this was MUCH better than 4Kids' work. The music might not have been Japanese (or it might have been, I don't know), but it was really great regardless. "Big Brother Pikachu" was a pretty darn faitful translation of "Pikachuu Oniisan", and I appreciated that. Not to mention that 4Kids never would have let the word "missle" slip in...speaking of that, Team Meanies was kind of funny. I look forward to seeing the rest.

"I don't like it! I don't care what it looks like to anyone else, I don't like it one bit!"

It was the japanese music. There were even silent moments ^^

Many parts of the music were adaptions of the MD ingame music which was a nice touch

I think all the Pokemon animes should be made in Japan so they are more like the original anime.

uhm,...the special was made in japan as well. Like the Mastermind special it was animated and written in japan I suppose, PUSA probably just paid them to do it and gave them a few ideas or a rough plot, but it is still a japanese production.

the plot was different because it is based on a different game obviously.

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
You know, if I were five I'd probably like this episode, but as a woman in her late twenties all I'd have to say is... YIKES. It's not a dubbing issue (since I like the dub), but it's the fact that it's so geared toward little kids. I feel like I'm watching Sesame Street or something. I like that normally Pokemon may skew younger but at least has enough material and pop culture references to keep an older audience like me entertained. This special just made me want to change the channel (unfortunately it's taped anyway).

As far as the special goes, it was interesting to hear pokemon speak. I think Pikachu had WAY too low a voice, even though it was supposed to be male, since he is an electric rat after all. Everyone else's voices were fine, especially gengar (they change voice actors and keep Professor Nanba's?). The story was okay. Overall, though, I'd rather watch the worst pokemon episodes again before this one.

Overall, 2/10.