• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue - Team Go-Getters Out Of The Gate! (021)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'm surprised with how closely they stuck to the game.

I want to see the Alakazam/Tyranitar/Charizard team from the games, as well as the Zapdos encounter now.

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
Wow. This was unexpected

"Go, EKANS!!!"

Wasn't it Arbok before. Can't believe they actually fixed it.

HoennMaster

Ok, I've looked all over the net for the cast and the onyl ones I can find are:

Gengar - Jimmy Zoppi
Baby Kanga - Sarah Natochenny
Medicham - Sarah N.

Does anyone know the rest?

PikaPower!

I'm just glad they're finally giving us a chance to look at what pokemon do when they aren't being caught. :D

Rex Kamex

The pros:

- Pretty good voice acting for the most part

Yeah, it was cool to hear the voices of the Pokemon, and most of them fit their personalities anyway. (It was great for me personally, since my Pokiman is all about talking Pokemon.)

- It got me quite interested in purchasing the Mystery Dungeon games for myself

Me too. In fact, since I taped the special, I watched it again just before I got a copy of Red Rescue Team myself.

The cons:
- PUSA misidentified Ekans as Arbok? That doesn't bode very well...

Good thing they fixed it. Still, it's even more shocking that the PUSA dub misidentified a Pokemon than 4Kids.

- Hot dang, Pichu's voice was annoying

Agreed. I bet Pikachu let himself get taken by Skarmory. XD

- I kinda saw the Water Gun revalation coming a mile away

Me too.

I certainly don't regret watching it, that's for darn sure.

Same here.

Okay, I'm gonna rereview. (I haven't responded in this thread before, but I have more to say.)

• Oh snap! The kid became a Pokemon!

• Pichu. Get a new voice.

• "Team Meanies"?! Nobody calls themselves Team Meanies! You don't hear about any gangs in the news called the Meanies! I don't need a reminder that this is a kids' show! XD

• I loved Gengar's line that went, "Say, I think I hear Pikachu's voice coming from in there!" I just thought it was so funny how obvious he was lying due to his grin, and it was funny how dense Pichu was.

• Squirtle, nobody cares about your stupid, pretty, CGI bubbles.

• "Gengar and friends- they're called Team Meanies" reminds me of the name "Garfield and Friends". I couldn't help but smile to hearing the two Keckleon say this line in unison and with a monotone.

• OF COURSE Squirtle uses Water Gun during the climax of the special.

• Skarmory's "nice" voice scared the living daylights out of me.

• Wait... only certain Pokemon can talk? Sorry, Shroomish.

• "Hey, I think you just grew up a level, Charmander" was the most awkward line I had ever heard in all of Pokemon. Especially since it came from Pikachu.

• Why did Skarmory take Pikachu?

I'll add more later.

Rex Kamex

Another problem I had with the special is that they seemed to try and squeeze in the content of a half hour special into thirty minutes.

sorry if this has been posted before but is this going to be a sereis

There isn't any confirmation on a series, and the makers of the show show no sign of starting one any time soon, which is a real shame actually.

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
i loved this special and pikachu's voice was perfect :D

Umbreon_moon

Umbreon Master
It was kinda cheesy, I mean how they made the voices but the plot was good but the overdramatic thing (after they put on the scarfs and posed) was really annoying, like they expect us to say 'that is so cool how they did that' but failed. Bad. Very bad. I'll shut up now.

KojiroJames2006

Prepare etc., etc.
I think you should know that the new dub cast worked on this ep. Sarah Natochenny was the voice of the baby Khangaskan and Medicham. She even said so on her MySpace page.

Last edited:

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
I know Whiscash was voiced by Ken Gates, Gengar was Jimmy Zoppi, Kayzie Rogers was Squirtle, Michelle Knotz was Chikorita, Sarah Natochenny was Medicham and Baby Kangaskhan, and I think Bill Rogers was at least Snubbul (maybe even Ekans).