• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Salvation’s Crusade

Alex0511

What the FFFNYAAAAH?
(OOC: Lol at the password being password.

Alex Werzillia
Mew's Crusade
Jadewater Forest

I didn't immediately land at the base. I was curious if anything was happening in the surrounding areas. So, half of the group landed, and half of them stayed with me.

We flew over the Jadewater Forest to find a conflict between five people. One a Sceptile, mostly likely a local. He seemed very angry. One a Zorua, possibly from Midnight Claw, but it could also be a Crusader. He was unconscious. The next was a Gardevoir, who I would think would be a Crusader, or a traveler, like that cloaked Gallade. She seemed fatigued. Next their was... Katelin! She was also unconscious. The last one was Celebi. This confirmed my suspicions that either or both the Zorua and the Gardevoir were Crusaders if a legend was traveling with them. Or it might had been a coincidence. Celebi seemed fine health-wise.

One of the more idiotic troops, a Mothim, skydived down to crash-land into the Sceptile.

"LEEEEEERRRRROYYYY!" he cried as he dived down. There was a troop named Leroy who had perished in the Apex Island battle. He was probably saddened by his death. "I'LL AVENGE YOU!" My hunch was spot on.

Nevertheless, he collided head-on with the Sceptile, dazing it, and allowing a Golbat and the Gardevoir to finish it off with combined Air Cutter and Shadow Ball attacks.

"Alright, now, lets get these six back to the base." I commanded.

"Six?" asked Lulu, a Butterfree and the lowest-ranking lieutanant. She had a hell of an attitude, but she never used it against me.

"Yep," I replied, "The Sceptile is a possible Midnight Claw member. We'll see if he knows any information on anything, if not, we'll patch him up, and let him go."

We flew back to the base with five new people with us. We just hoped their injuries weren't that bad.

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Miles the Archen
Mew's Crusade
Janus Station

I put my wing to my beak. “I think I understand the situation,” I told Liepard.

“Sneaky and underhanded,” one of the Zubats muttered. “Just like a Midnight Claw.”

“Well at least it wasn’t Dirge who came here,” another Zubat pointed out.

“But we do need to get things running still, and distributed,” I said. “I was going to wait until the Swarm members were rested up but if it’s absolutely necessary,”

Our conversation was interrupted by the entrance of another Pokémon. This one was dark toned, with sharp looking claws and a large collar-frill thing. More noticeable than his entrance, though, was his effect on the other Pokémon. The Swarm members who were awake looked intimidated and backed off. Liepard himself looked extremely nervous when he noticed the newcomer. From that, I wasn’t sure what to do. You didn’t run into people who inspired that kind of effect back on Far Haven.

“Well. . . well. I ask one simple task of you Liepard, and you get captured by bugs and prehistoric Pokemon. What a pity. I came here expecting that humans here may have overpowered you, but no, I see a base invested with petty Swarm members and one presumable human. What am I to do with you?”

Liepard didn’t say anything. It was obvious that this one was some kind of authority. In that case, it was probably better to act with respect. I hopped down onto the floor instead of the back of the chair. Whenever you talked to management, you came down from a higher position physically to stand on the walkway with them. It was just polite.

Looking directly at me, the newcomer said, “Well, instead of capturing a human to interrogate, I guess I can just ask him here. I have only a few questions for you human.

First one is how many of you humans are here on this worlds? What is your intent on using these bases? And finally, what are your plans after you finish with whatever you are doing here? And I don’t recommend in trying to lie to me. I can easily tell when a Pokemon does first off, and secondly, as I am sure that you are aware of the other Pokemon in this room cowering before me, let it be known that you stand in the presence of Dirge, Leader of Midnight Claw.”

Ah, him. I bowed my head for respect. “Ah, good to meet you Dirge. I’m Miles. To answer your questions, actually, I have no idea how many humans are here. You’d have to ask Mew, as she’s the one who brought us here. I, hmmm…” I tried thinking over who I’ve met, but it seemed like so much had happened the past few days. “I think I’ve met six others? However many there are, it was just me, an Absol, and Victini who came here. Victini went off to speak with Groudon, maybe some others, while the other human left with Vrax to deal with Vespa. We haven’t heard back from them.

“As for the machines here, I’m getting the base running again so we can use the technologies to help all of you fight the Scorned. Like we’ve got a planet-wide <plasma-static>… err, a highly powerful shield to place outside of the atmosphere. And some other bases have medical supplies to heal the injured, although this base doesn’t have much for that. There’s also some weapons around; I haven’t gotten around to looking at them, but from what I’ve seen of the Pokémon, there could be a lot of useful ones to help give an offensive edge. But that’s up to you all to use, as I’m just running the machines and making sure they work.

“After we’re done,” I shrugged, “I don’t know. I suppose some of the others would want to leave. Again, you’d have to ask Mew what her plan is. Honestly, I haven’t thought much on it. I just do the job that’s in front of me and try to help how I can. We do have some kits that can clear plagues and blights being manufactured at the moment. If you want, I can show you where they are and let you take some back. They’re pretty easy to use, and the sooner we get areas purified, the better.”

At that moment, there was a chirp from the console. The factory machines lit up, letting out hisses of air and metal clacks as they got ready to manufacture. This startled the sleeping Pokémon in the room.

“Great!” I said, eager to get back to the console and start repairing Janus itself. “And we’ve just got the defensive factory running. They can make shields and stuff to protect entire towns. Once some of the other humans get back here with the ships, distribution should be quick.” Then I thought of something. “Oh, Liepard, were you going to take me to meet Dirge?”

“Uh, yeah, that’s right,” he said.

“Seems like we had just been discussing you before you came in,” I told Dirge. “He said he wanted to take me to see somebody in Southwatch.”

“Well there were so many Pokémon around here, and any of them could have been the human,” Liepard interrupted, sounding nervous. “I let them catch me thinking they could take me to whoever was in charge here, and I could figure it out from there… or once I met him in here.”

One of the Zubats muttered something about that, which another one quickly hushed up. Maybe out of fear of Dirge?

I smiled at him. “People were warning me about you Clan leaders, but I’ve met two of you now and you seem all right. That’s good; I always figured that most people were good at heart. So do you want to take some of the Eden kits with you to clear up the blighted areas?” It wouldn’t take that long.

~DragonTypeLoverShadria~

(OOC: Sorry, I was just being reasonable, I mean, my character is kinda naive. As she 'said' before, she's a slow learner. Sorry again. -_-''))
Mistuo the Piplup
Mew's Crusade
Liberty Station, Karan

I watched Kass push a lone button and sweatdropped as it flashed to life. 'That was sorta stupid of me..not seeing that...' I looked at the screen, it was needing a password. I saw Kass find a log of all the passwords. Her eyes grew very large, and I wondered what made her freak out. As she was typing it in, I picked up the list of passwords and looked. Ka$yMyJ0i!? "Wha..?! Kassy....is this what I think it is? KasyMyJoy?" I looked over at her, and she suddenly spoke up to me. "<Mistuo, look for some kind of power switch, most likely on a machine near here. When you find it tell me, and count to three so I can press Enter at the same time. On three please!>" I quickly nodded and looked around. I ran across a switch. "Is this it...?" I thought to myself outloud. I saw words <Base Power Switch>. I rubbed the back of my head. "Hey! I found it!" I put my wings on the switch, ready to activate it when she said three.

OkikuMew

((OoC: Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding, I understand now :) Also, please see my strategy for turning the base fully operational with less posts as possible here. Pretty much you'll be doing the even-numbered posts/steps.))

Kassy Joy the Chikorita
Mew’s Crusade
Liberty Station, Karan

I waited for Mistuo to find the switch, while having the password imprinted in my mind. Is it really about me, or just a simple coincidence...?

"Hey! I found it!" Mist shouted.

"Awesome! Ok, on three... One, two, THREE!"

I pressed my button on my side, looking at Mist to assure the timing was right. Was it ok? I hope it was...

"<SWITCH ON COMPLETE. POWERING ON IN PROCESS...
LOADING... |*---------| >"

"<Alright! We got it!>" I exclaimed. "<Nicely done!>"

And before we knew it, the loading was complete and all the lights and computers of the base turns on. We also hear all the fans of those computers running like crazy, too. It feels like we woke up a beast. A friendly one, thankfully.

"<Now the power is up, time to turn on everything else,>" as I grabbed back the famous password list Mist dropped, "<Let's see, we have Medical Engineering Bays, E.D.E.N. Technology, and Ragnarok Gunships and Transports. Seems logical to boot up the transportation first, so we can bring in some help in case we need it... Mist, mind if you start turning the medical bay on? They should look similar to the ones at Nexus Base. I'll handle the Ragnarok and the EDEN.>"

I quickly get off the chair and start looking for the Ragnarok things. I guess they should look like some kind of airplanes and some teleporters similar to those used for pokemon storage systems...

"Ah, there they are!" I exclaimed.

Yup, I was right some weird-looking planes with giant teleporters, and a computer connected to everything. This shouldn't be long. I jump up to the computer and read on the screen:

"<PLEASE ENTER PASSWORD: |>"

Hehe, easy enough. Password for the Ragnarok... "213@rn&Pr0T3Ct". Hmmm... It sounds like a philosophy moto I heard before, "To learn to protect"... Heh, good enough for a password. I enter it exactly as is on the paper, and the text on the screen changes to:

"<PASSWORD CORRECT. NOW LOADING PROGRAMS... |*-------------------| >"

"<My, this is gonna take a good awhile...>" I mentioned, as the loading *very* slowly filling up, <"Good thing we're doing this as a team. I'll look for the EDEN thingamajig now. Here, you might need this!>"

I memorize the password for the EDEN, then I give to Mistuo the paper as I pass beside her, while looking for the EDEN machines.

With all those weird passwords, I wish I could check out that pokeball more, just out of curiosity... but we don't have time. The pressure of the air is heavier and heavier...

~DragonTypeLoverShadria~

Mistuo the Piplup
Mew's Crusade
Liberty Station, Karan

I heard her say "Awesome! Ok, on three... One, two, THREE!" As she pushed the button, I pulled the switch. I wanted to cross my wings if it was possible."<SWITCH ON COMPLETE. POWERING ON IN PROCESS...
LOADING... |*---------| >" I smiled, excited. "We did it, Kass!" I saw her looking at the screen. "<Alright! We got it!>" I could hear that she was improving on her human speech. "<Nicely done!>" I was startled slightly as the base turned on, the sound of the fans almost strange to me. <It's been a long time since I've heard a fan running..> I said quietly. "<Now the power is up, time to turn on everything else,>" I walked over, helping her pick up the list of passwords. "<Let's see, we have Medical Engineering Bays, E.D.E.N. Technology, and Ragnarok Gunships and Transports. Seems logical to boot up the transportation first, so we can bring in some help in case we need it... Mist, mind if you start turning the medical bay on? They should look similar to the ones at Nexus Base. I'll handle the Ragnarok and the EDEN.>" I nodded, this time being abit more ready of what to do. I followed her up to a part of the base filled with air crafts and what appeared to be gaint teleporters. "Ragnarok.." I said quietly. "<My, this is gonna take a good awhile...>" I looked over, snapping back to reality. I saw that the loading was taking forever. <"Good thing we're doing this as a team. I'll look for the EDEN thingamajig now. Here, you might need this!>" I nodded. "Yeah, it's a good thing we are a team, huh, Kass?" I took the list of passwords from her, and walked towards the medical bay. I walked up to the medical bay's computer and climbed up to the chair. <PLEASE ENTER PASSWORD: |> I looked through the list of passwords. <Where is it...ah here it is...> I looked at it. <H3AL@Pr0T3Ct> I chuckled slightly. 'It looks like 'Heal and Protect'. Alwell..' I typed it in. <PASSWORD CORRECT. NOW LOADING PROGRAMS... |*-------------------| > I smiled, watching it load slowly. I jumped down, looking for Kass.

OkikuMew

Alrighty, I finally found the EDEN control panel. I should've found it earlier than that, it has a big "<E.D.E.N>" written on it... I feel silly. I sit down on that stool hanging around near it. I look behind me to give a quick glance at Mistuo, then at the Ragnarok control panel. Mist successfully started up the loading of the medical bays (wow, I underestimated her typing skills, even with limited reach!) while the Ragnarok machines were 3/4 done loading. Not bad! Time to type down on the EDEN it's password... What was it again? Ah yes.

"<...CreatureTeleportationSystem, replacing the a's by @'s, e's by 3s, l's by 1s and s's by 5s,>" I laughed, "<Who invents this kind of crazy language, other than for passwords?>"

I type in the password, and the usual "<PASSWORD CORRECT. NOW LOADING PROGRAMS... |*-------------------| >" displays on the screen.

"<Alright, this base is going to be fully functional in not a long time!> Whew... <I would be a good idea to inform the others that our station is up and running right now. I guess on the main control panel there should be some kind of messaging system... I'll check it out.>"

I run up back to the main control panel, and check around if there's some way I could contact the other bases. There's seem to have a video conference program of some kind on it... I look around and notice some headphones with a microphone hanging around, and a camera drilled over the screen. I start up the program, comfortably put on the headphones (although the leaf on top of my head makes things a bit difficult...), clear my voice a bit, concentrate more on speaking human (only humans would figure out how to use the machines, right?) and start up a conversation with all the bases available (which I guess they're all the bases currently powered up).

"Th-<this is Nurse Kassy Joy, accompanied with... Mistuo, reporting from Liberty Station,>" I stated, "<The power here has obviously came back online. The place looks heavily damaged likely because of the attack 7 years ago, but all machines are thankfully intact. Presently...>"

I looked behind me again, checking out how the loadings of all the computers. Lookin' good!

<The Ragnarok gunships and transports are back online, so if anyone needs a quick way to Karan, feel free to use the teleport devices in your base to move here quickly. The medical bays are half-way through the loading, so soon we'll be able to bring in injured pokemon here and send medical equipment to Scorned-affected towns also. The EDEN has only started loading a minute ago though. How's things out there, if not too busy to answer?>

Last edited:

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Martin Greenfield the Emolga
Mew's Crusade
Ramos Outpost

The Colossus had arrived at Ramos Outpost, and more than ever, I felt the darkness closing in, a sickening, hungry force of evil that wanted nothing more than to extinguish all life on Kokoro. I heard whispers of evil, not sure if this was something only I could hear, or if everyone could sense these traces of vile murmurs, speaking only of devastation and death.

Once the Colossus landed, I headed toward the power plant, knowing there was very little chance of getting any of these assets online without power. By now, I knew exactly how to proceed, opening the forward chamber and headed toward the central control console, the same one I had found at Nexus Base, only I realized this one was slightly smaller. Everything about the Ramos Base seemed similar to Nexus, just with fewer buildings and a smaller power plant. I knew I would only find a fraction of the material assets here, but nonetheless, they would help. Nexus Base still had their hands full, and hopefully, with some good use of time and some luck, we would be able to get everything distributed as quickly as possible. Meanwhile, I could tell Ramos was originally meant to be a military outpost, as it seemed everything here consisted of weaponry, armored vehicle assets, and defense measures. The base was also armored, but still offline. If only the communications hadn't gone offline, the Clans never would have been able to break past this stronghold.

Hopefully, it would save and help defend the same Pokémon that caused that the happen in the first place...

Unfortunately, none of the Crusaders had been here yet, and already I felt like time was rapidly running out. Despite my situation, I tried to work as fast as I could, even for an Emolga. I followed the same access commands on the central power plant controls, resorting to initiate full power. While the process was initializing, I did a asset check of what was at this base, and I realized we had more munitions compounds, more of that Zenith compound technology, more gunships and transports, and the Excalibur automated defense infantry. At the moment, I figured we needed way more in the ways of defenders, and I figured the major asset I needed to turn online were the Excalibur robots. Right now, I was the only fighter at Ramos, but I could quickly change that if I got these machine online.

"Come on, come on..." I muttered, getting impatient with the initializing.

In the meantime, I could only think about time, and the whispers that kept teasing and annoying me to no end. I wanted to get the robots online before the Scorned arrived, at least. I had a bad feeling there was no way to get all of these other assets to the nearby towns in time, at least not until the Scorned arrived. I could only hope then it wasn't going to be too late.

Breaking into the system required me to restart the operating system, mess around with the administrator access, change the password, and then log into the system again using administrator access. Once I was in, I set the power control procedures to full, hammering away at the keyboard like a maniac. There were times when it got a little frustrating, but I managed to keep my cool, wiping the sweat off of my brow and by taking deep breaths.

Initialization sequence confirmed.
Systems functional in t-minus twenty minutes.
Please wait...

Slowly but surely, the power plant was coming online, it's massive reactor cores, machines, and power nodes suddenly lighting up and coming to life. I knew it would be some time before everything would be in full operation, but at least we were getting there. In the meantime, I knew I would take advantage of this time delay by checking out the Excalibur control console, hoping to figure out how to control and operate the AI generator and make sure these robots were ready to dish out pain and punishment against the Scorned. I headed to the central control console for the Excalibur AI Generator, but while turned on the console, a video conference turned on, and I recognized Kassy on the other end.

"Th-<this is Nurse Kassy Joy, accompanied with... Mistuo, reporting from Liberty Station,>" she stated, <The power here has obviously came back online. The place looks heavily damaged likely because of the attack 7 years ago, but all machines are thankfully intact. Presently...>

<The Ragnarok gunships and transports are back online, so if anyone needs a quick way to Karan, feel free to use the teleport devices in your base to move here quickly. The medical bays are half-way through the loading, so soon we'll be able to bring in injured pokemon here and send medical equipment to Scorned-affected towns also. The EDEN has only started loading a minute ago though. How's things out there, if not too busy to answer?>

<This is Martin at Ramos,> I spoke, grabbing the mike, <Good to see you again, Kassy, lookin' good. The power plant over here is still in the process of initializing, but it's getting there. I'm going to try and get those Excalibur robots up and going, and if anyone else has them at their base, I recommend getting those things up and kicking before the Scorned coming knocking on our door. Kassy and anyone else out there, I'm not sure if it's just me, but it feels like the Scorned are coming pretty close. Either that, or I'm becoming schizophrenic. We don't have a whole lot of time, so make use of what you can.>

After that, I grabbed the control and operations manual for the Excalibur robots. There was a truckload to read, way more than I could ever hope to learn in less than twenty minutes, but I looked over the essentials and military operations. As long as the robots were up and moving and weren't shooting at our own troops, that was already a good start.

Last edited:

~DragonTypeLoverShadria~

Mistuo the Piplup
Mew's Crusade
Liberty Station, Karan

I slid off of the chair, tripping and faceplanting in the process. "Ouch.." I sat up, rubbing my head, picking up the ribbon; as it had fallen off during the faceplant. I put it back on, and ran over to Kass. "Th-<this is Nurse Kassy Joy, accompanied with... Mistuo, reporting from Liberty Station. The power here has obviously came back online. The place looks heavily damaged likely because of the attack 7 years ago, but all machines are thankfully intact. Presently...>" I watched her attempt contact with the other bases. <The Ragnarok gunships and transports are back online, so if anyone needs a quick way to Karan, feel free to use the teleport devices in your base to move here quickly. The medical bays are half-way through the loading, so soon we'll be able to bring in injured pokemon here and send medical equipment to Scorned-affected towns also. The EDEN has only started loading a minute ago though. How's things out there, if not too busy to answer?> I was about to ask if there was anything else for me to activate, when I manage to hear a voice through her headset. It was quiet for me to hear, but it sounded like:<This is Martin at Ramos,>. I stared, was that the Emolga we had seen before? I stood by Kass, listening in the best I could. <Good to see you again, Kassy, lookin' good. The power plant over here is still in the process of initializing, but it's getting there. I'm going to try and get those Excalibur robots up and going, and if anyone else has them at their base, I recommend getting those things up and kicking before the Scorned coming knocking on our door. Kassy and anyone else out there, I'm not sure if it's just me, but it feels like the Scorned are coming pretty close. Either that, or I'm becoming schizophrenic. We don't have a whole lot of time, so make use of what you can.> I shuddered lightly. <So you've been feeling that too, Martin?> I asked near the microphone.

Niihyl

Posthuman
The Adamant Swarm

The leader of the Swarm is dead. As the one who slew the Swarm-lord is also dead… the Swarm is left bereft of leadership. The strongest of the remaining Swarm members have devised a makeshift tourney of sorts, which tests cunning, and intelligence, as well as battle. Any may lead the Swarm if they are worthy.

Kei Kiyomizu
On a Ragnarok Gunship. ‘Cuz Transports are obviously lame.

Kei flew the craft quickly to Apex Island. It was right smack in the middle of Kokoro, and the coordinates were pre-installed, so all he had to do was check the screen every once in awhile to make sure there was no incoming cataclysmic collision with a rogue Pidgey.

Kei had seen on the screens that Nexus Station was pretty well activated, and had medicines and EDEN tech available. Since there was no war as of yet, he’d just ferry resources as wide and far as he could. That small bit of heroism… he could probably accomplish that without screwing up. He ran an appreciative paw down the side of the craft. Hell, he was keeping this.

When he arrived, he noticed the place was pretty quiet, except for a few wounded Pokémon. He got off the ship, found the Medical Bay as fast as possible, and loaded as many Max Potions and Full Heals as he could find onto a small wagon-cart-thing. There was probably a technical term, but it didn’t matter too much.

Next up was the EDEN place. Luckily, it was set up as well. Whoever had been here had done a thorough job. Apparently, this stuff would fix the land of impurities…

Kei thought back to Farak, and the horrible diseased Earth there. He decided to drop a few EDEN systems there. He owed Vrax that much at least.

With no small difficulty, he hauled the supplies onto the Gunship. It was a gunship, not a transport, so there wasn’t much storage room, but there was more room than Kei could fill.

Kei examined one of the screens. It appeared that the aircraft ran on Solar Power, and had a backup battery, but that wouldn’t last much longer than a single night. Well, a single night was all it had to last.

First stop: Farak.

Kei got back on the Gunship. It wasn’t the most exciting duty, but he’d have far too much excitement soon. For now… he’d help people.

It was what he had always wanted to do. He’d get some of this work done, and he was sure that others were doing the same.

OkikuMew

Kassy Joy the Chikorita
Mew’s Crusade
Liberty Station, Karan

"<This is Martin at Ramos,>" an Emolga appears on the corner of the screen, "<Good to see you again, Kassy, lookin' good.>"

Oh, it's that Emolga! Awesome!

"<Good to see you again!>" I joyfully (no pun intended) answer, "<What's going on at your side?>"

"<The power plant over here is still in the process of initializing, but it's getting there. I'm going to try and get those Excalibur robots up and going, and if anyone else has them at their base, I recommend getting those things up and kicking before the Scorned coming knocking on our door.>"

"<Unfortunately we have none of this here, but if ever our gunships can't handle our problems, we'll send a message for sure.>"

"<Kassy and anyone else out there, I'm not sure if it's just me, but it feels like the Scorned are coming pretty close. Either that, or I'm becoming schizophrenic. We don't have a whole lot of time, so make use of what you can.>"

I hear a small and familiar dinging sounds behind me. Ah, the medical bays are on!

"<So you've been feeling that too, Martin?>" Mist chimes in, approaching me to get closer to the microphone.

"<So I'm not crazy either,>" I add. "<I've been feeling the air pressure being horribly higher and higher... likely thanks for being a Chikorita and having a general feel of the weather.>"

I hear some noises in the background again, this time electronical buzzing. I look behind me and looked at all the computers. Everything's up and running now!

"<Good news, everything is now online at Liberty Station!>" I proudly said, "Now we just need to take time to study the operations of everything and maybe look for other things hanging around the base that may help us, so we can be truly be ready for anything. I'll be staying in touch. Nurse Kassy Joy out!>"

I remove the headset, put the camera and microphone off but left the communications program on in case something comes up. Ugh, I *really* wish I could check out that pokéball (and maybe that log book too), it's driving me crazy! But I have to hold off my curiosity, many lives depends on our skills...

"Alright Mist, time to do a bit of study time, and we'll be good to face anything. I think we should split up the studying: I'll study the instructions of the EDEN, since it's somewhat similar to healing pokémon, except it's actual plants and water," I giggle slightly, "as for you, you'll be checking out the instructions for the airships. I already know a bit how the teleport pads work, but we still need fast transportation to the towns and cities to transport the EDEN and medical stuff, *plus* we're gonna need to know as much as possible to defend ourselves with these. If we have time, we'll switch booklets and read them too, and maybe even read the ones for the teleport pads and medical bays just in case."

I quickly grab the EDEN instructions, which were patiently lying on the ground next to its related machine, and started reading as fast as I could, but still carefully.

I hope there's still time...

((OoC: This will be most likely my last post before the Scorned. Just want to leave posts for everyone to get ready!))

~DragonTypeLoverShadria~

(OOC: Ok OkikuMew. I'll keep going.))
Mistuo the Piplup
Mew's Crusade
Liberty Station, Karan.

I stood by Kass, and looked up as she looked at me. "<So I'm not crazy either,>" I giggled slightly. "Nope." "<I've been feeling the air pressure being horribly higher and higher... likely thanks for being a Chikorita and having a general feel of the weather.>" I nodded. 'I've been feeling that too. I don't know how, might be something with the fact that I'm a Piplup.." I jumped as I heard the sounds of the other computers going online and start buzzing. "<Good news, everything is now online at Liberty Station!>" I cheered, watching her talk to Martin. <"Now we just need to take time to study the operations of everything and maybe look for other things hanging around the base that may help us, so we can be truly be ready for anything. I'll be staying in touch. Nurse Kassy Joy out!>" I sighed as she took her headset off. I wasn't all that good with reading... 'Mist! Stop being so negitive! This isn't the time to whine about what you can and can't do! Do your best, and do better than your best!! This planet needs you!' I listened to my mind, and nodded. "Alright!" I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard her speak up. "Alright Mist, time to do a bit of study time, and we'll be good to face anything. I think we should split up the studying: I'll study the instructions of the EDEN, since it's somewhat similar to healing pokémon, except it's actual plants and water." I nodded at that, understanding. "as for you, you'll be checking out the instructions for the airships. I already know a bit how the teleport pads work, but we still need fast transportation to the towns and cities to transport the EDEN and medical stuff, *plus* we're gonna need to know as much as possible to defend ourselves with these. If we have time, we'll switch booklets and read them too, and maybe even read the ones for the teleport pads and medical bays just in case." I took a deep breath, nodding, I knew that I was gonna have to read some extremely large manuel, no doubt. I ran over and picked up the manuel for the aircrafts and started to read how to pliot and control them.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
OOC: Just as a heads up, I'm leaving on vacation for a week and won't be back until the 20th. Check the discussion thread, it will have the details regarding the arrival of the Scorned. I have to post it early as I probably won't be around when the RP hits page 10.

So yes, this will be my last post for a while. People are free to bunny my character.

Martin Greenfield the Emolga
Mew's Crusade
Ramos Outpost, Karan

There were only a few minutes left before the power plant fully came online. Still, I had that unsettling feeling that they would only be coming a few minutes from now, and I might not make it on time. Kassy and Mistuo told me they were feeling the same thing, and it wasn't just me. The Scorned were closing in, and I just didn't have everything ready. I was going to have to be very picky, and hope it was enough.

<Good news, everything is now online at Liberty Station!> Kassy told me, proud about what she managed to accomplish. <Now we just need to take time to study the operations of everything and maybe look for other things hanging around the base that may help us, so we can be truly be ready for anything. I'll be staying in touch. Nurse Kassy Joy out!>

She turned off the video conference, and I got back to reading up on the Excalibur systems. Unfortunately, I couldn't do anything to the console until the power was fully back on, and I could tell the power plant's operation systems were completely ignorant of how time-critical this whole situation had become.

It was frustrating to say the least...

I knew for starters, I needed to initiate the recognition sequences, and make sure the robots were primed for combat and planetary defense. I knew I was going to have to make a lot of adjustments to the AI Generator, as I could tell the robots had many different combat protocols they could follow and use. The AI Generator, however, was extremely adaptive, and could make alterations regarding how the battles were playing out. Everything was laid out in terms of math and connections, and I figured as long as the Scorned didn't grasp what was controlling the robots, we were in good shape.

It was making sure they were up and ready to fight... that was the part I was unsure about...

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Miles the Archen
Mew's Crusade
Janus Station

Kei hadn’t come back yet in the Ragnarok transport, so I called together volunteers from the Adamant Swarm members still in Janus to take out Eden kits to purify areas in Lasa. There was still a good many of them, but only the larger members could carry the gear. They said it was okay; smaller members would travel with a carrier and protect them. Then they took off.

As I was going back in the defense building, I met with Victini sitting on the ledge by the entrance. “Hey Miles, sorry that took a while,” he said. “But it’s time for me to split the scene.”

I looked up to him curiously. “Oh, you’re leaving? Why?”

He snapped his clawed fingers. “Remember what I told you early on? I have the power to help grant victory, but it affects anyone near me. it tends to make battles escalate rapidly. Those aliens, they’re getting near. Do you feel it in the air?”

There was something there that felt like a potentially lethal deadline. “Yeah, I think so.”

“I gotta go lie low now. I’ll be thinking of everybody, though, trying to funnel some good luck to the rest of you without affecting the enemy. Be careful, Miles.”

I felt a bit nervous to have him leave. Victini had been around, or at least close, ever since the first day I came here to Kokoro. But he did have good reasons. “All right. You be careful too.”

So they were near. I decided to head for the munitions plant; I could direct the distribution of Zenith from there, as well as the repair work needed around Janus. The room was dark when I entered, but it had the same kind of layout and appearance as the Zenith area. But from the looks of various items lying about, there was more than just weapons that could be made here. There were also radio headsets and night vision goggles. That could be useful.

I hopped from chair to console, then started up the power to the room. It also took the maintenance backdoor password, then wanted to check all systems. I let it do that, and then started working on Zenith from another user area of the control panel.

Searching past the standard utilities (defense bunkers in multiple sizes, check, tower forts, check, small shield generators, check), I located a communications tower like the one outside. I decided to pair it with an extra shield generator so that it didn’t get destroyed as easily. This was the main communications base, after all. And a couple of extra shield generators for the other standing towers… that should do. I ordered their construction and deployment to Janus itself, then checked on the standards.

They would still need to be distributed, much like the munitions. And these computers would take some more time. I flew down to grab one of the communications headsets, then went back up and turned one of the monitors to look outside. Some maintenance robots were tearing out the old tower, causing some curious interest from the Pokémon outside. Those robots wouldn’t be good for fighting, but I was able to give them commands to fix other areas of Janus. While it took fifteen minutes, the new tower was ready to go in then.

Other robots then brought out a flat rectangular box. On making sure the ground was cleared, they set it down and moved back. One curious rodent Pokémon had to be shooed away before the Zenith box could be activated. Then it opened up, revealing a dense array of metal parts inside. The parts began to assemble with help from support beams, moving themselves taller and taller until a new communications tower was ready. After some more activity, a purple plasma shield activated around it.

Noting that the other towers also had shields now, I went into the communications programs. There was a whole checklist of things that wanted checking on: signals from activated Eden units, Ragnarok trackers, Zenith tags, communications levels. And if I really wanted to manipulate this well, I’d have to get myself an operator’s account.

But while I was looking into things, I could open up communications with other bases finally. I didn’t have video capabilities at this station, but I could to audio. <This is Miles in Janus Station, finally checking in,> I said over the general line. Maybe someone was listening. <Our communications tower was lost, but has now been restored and I’m able to start increasing communications ability between all bases. If someone is running transports, I’ve got Eden and Zenith kits ready to deploy here, just need someone to pick them up. Also, if someone is at Nexus Base currently, it would help to begin coordination of efforts from their command center, as you should now be able to track all activated EDEN and Zenith modules… oh, and it looks like once a munitions depo or two is fully active, some missile silos can be controlled from Nexus.>

Was there something else to add? Maybe, but I wanted to know if someone else was on the line.

Scarmin the Tyranitar
Roaring Thunder
Sunmar survivor’s camp

When I was conscious again, the rains had stopped. But annoyingly, I hadn’t been able to do it. That weird mystic knot code thing was still there, although it looked dull and dead. As it turned out, Cal had made a valiant effort to use his Cyan Fire powers to banish the rain and return the sun to Sunmar. Apparently he wanted everyone to work together. Huh, I still hadn’t met any decent humans. I’d work with the other clans, sure, cause I’d worked with them before. The humans were still an unknown and dangerous faction on Kokoro.

With the maddening rain gone, we agreed with the survivors that they should be okay here in the meantime. And then it turned out that Vrax had died. Bah, I’ll miss the old man; I liked him. Now I just have to keep the other Clans (and the young ones in mine) from calling me the old man. Hah! Of course, if those loonies are right, it won’t be for long. At least Vespa was gone too, so the Swarm was settling down. Still didn’t know what Dirge was up to, although he’s probably still thinking his group is tops. I could take him down, that this isn’t the time for that. And then a group of Roaring Thunder had found some secret temples out to sea. That was interesting; I had always wondered where those cowards hid and that would be the place to go looking. But this wasn’t the time for that either.

Diadem related this to me, as well as what she’d noticed from the dead knot (some stuff that was of interest to her, but my only concern was that it wasn’t going to revive itself). Once the Sunmar folks had drifted off, she gave me a harsh look. “Scarmin, sometimes you’re too impulsive. It was an unknown bit of mystics; you could have gotten yourself killed biting it like that.”

I snorted. “I’m all right now, aren’t I?” Then I glanced over at the others. Out of hearing range. Good. “They said I wasn’t going to die until three days from now.”

After a puzzled look, she looked alarmed. “The Scorned spoke to you?”

“As far as I can tell,” I said. “I don’t know if they made me sick or if they’re just trying to scare me, or what. They said they would make me an example of what they would do to everyone. In that case, I don’t want most people to know where I am. I’m strong; I’m not going to go out looking weak. I’m going to go down fighting them.”

“That would be best,” she admitted. “But Scarmin, you shouldn’t be reckless if there’s a possibility they’re just trying to scare. A lot of people are looking up to you.”

“I know, but there’s also a grave chance that I’m not going to make it through this war. There isn’t anyone currently that is eligible for taking over Roaring Thunder.” I narrowed my eyes at her. “You know what that means.”

“What exactly…?” she asked. I think she was in denial about this, given that she usually picked up on hints.

I didn’t want to have to do this; I hadn’t expected to have to do this for another decade or so, even though I’ve had a few punks try. “You. Me. Strike Ritual. Now.”

The Alakazam seemed reluctant still. “I didn’t want to come to this so soon,” she said. “You’re the hero; I’ve been content just to support you the best I can.”

“And you’re the one I trust the most,” I told her. “The others respect you; I respect you, and I’m grateful for your help. But someone needs to be able to take over the clan peacefully should something happen to me. You get through this and you can do so at a moment’s notice. After this, I’m going into the desert.”

Finally accepting it, she nodded. “Very well. There’s a couple of official Roaring Thunder members who came in with Cal. Them and the Sunmar villagers should be sufficient witnesses.” She backed up towards the camp, twirling her two silver spoons. Then she called out so that they heard and they knew what was going on. “Scarmin! For the honor of Roaring Thunder, I, Diadem, challenge you this day to the Strike Ritual.”

And just in case they weren’t paying attention, I roared. “Diadem, you have upheld the honor of the Clan most admirably!” I called out. “And thus, I, Scarmin, accept your challenge!”

OoC: Took me longer to get through the mystic code thing than I expected...

Agent Tectonic

From Ashes, I Come
Dirge
Midnight Claw: Leader
Janus Base

I only half heard what the Archen had said, and again, only half noticed when he walked off after I did not immediately answer him. I heard him saying something along the lines that I seemed like a nice leader. Smiling at the thought of what he will be seeing upon his return, I intended to carry out the punishment of my failed spy.

“Liepard?” I growled.

Whimpering, the cat hung his head low as he shuffled by the two Zubat that “guarded” him. Once the cat was in front of me, I gave him a hard, thoughtful, and menacing look. After a few minutes, I looked up toward the top of the room and started speaking to what appeared to be no one at first.

“Creed of the clan: The strongest AND quickest deserve to survive. As of lately, that rule as been rather lax in this clan considering the incoming problem; HOWEVER, that does not give you the right to question or change the guidelines of your mission. I specifically asked you to stay out of sight. I was relying on your ability to remain out of sight in order to get this done, as a test of your ability. Your reasoning for letting yourself be captured is sound, yet you still deviated from the rules I set.” Now looking at him, I finished, “You are aware of what the punishment is for failing, especially for breaking my rules?”

Liepard was visibly shaking and was barely able to pitifully mutter the words to his answer. “Y-Y-Yes. I u-u-u-und-derstand-d, but—”

“Do not resource to begging for you will only anger me further and will only make my decision that much more agreeable.”

Liepard understood that that was all of the pity he was going to get. When it came to killing enemies of mine, I resorted to any way to eliminate them as quickly as possible; traitors on the other hand, died slowly, so they regretted their decision to betray their clan. For whatever reason, as my Night Slash buried into and out of his throat, I decided to let his death be quick. Maybe I did pity him, or the fact that the Scorned were mere hours away if that; he should have considered himself lucky.

Before I left the base, I informed the two Zubat to inform the Archen that I accept the help of the humans, and all of them have full liberty of assisting any of the cities on my turf. I also informed them to tell that Archen that Liepard is considered proof as to how I deal with those who do not do their jobs, Pokemon OR human. My last request to the two was that the Archen should know that Vrax and Vespa were dead, and the Adamant Swarm was leaderless. I turned and left the room, signaled Yanmega to follow me out, and left the building without saying another word. Unofficially, Midnight Claw was allied with Mew’s Crusade.

Stephen Foralis
Mew’s Crusade
Echo Base

Once I finally stopped admiring the weaponry and decided to find the keys I would need, I took a full inspection of the room. Thinking to myself that there would be more room if the weapons were locked in glass cages against the wall instead of in the center of the room, I decided that the humans here were not the brightest bunch (especially considering the whole password thing).

When, I first entered here, my first thought was a room inside a room which it almost was. Desks were spaced along the edges of the room with papers, statistics, and other random items that pertained to weaponry. Also along those desks were dozens and dozens of keys. I had picked up a few to test if they would open the assortment of cases in the center of the room but to no avail, they did not work. Nighteye had picked up my intentions and started to do the same.

Finally, on my twelfth desk, I finally found another reason to ridicule the previous humans. On a paper, taped on the edge of it was apparently the master key to the entire building. The doors, the machines, the cases behind me, everything, this key would open. Telling this to Nighteye, even he could only groan at the stupidity of the humans here. I looked around for Latios, wondering why he didn’t chime in either only to find to my revelation that he was gone. I exited the room with the key in hand to find Latios staring at the remnants of plasma beam being fired out of the Defense Matrix.

“Guess that signals that this is fully operational. What drew you back here?” I asked.

“I wanted to check on this while you searched for the key. I got side tracked when this thing started unleashing that energy. It was a rather interesting spectacle.” Looking at my hand, then back at me he continued, “I guess that is what you were looking for?”

“Yep, turns out this key will unlock or power up everything here, so my plan is to run through thus base and hopefully activate it all at once before the Scorned arrive.” My tone was overcome with fear for about a second. I could only wonder why I experienced a sudden change in attitude. Not only that, I was having a harder time breather. It was only a subtle change, but something I noticed for the past half hour. I voiced my revelation as to why this I was experiencing this.

Nighteye finally speaking up, “That is the effect of the oncoming Scorned, so you might want to hurry in activating the rest of this base.”

At this point in our conversation, I started to hear someone talking in pure English. Latios and Nighteye also heard it but it was obvious they could not understand it. From the sound of it, it was coming from the power center at the front of the base. Sure enough, on the right side of the entrance stood a terminal and coming through the terminal was a transmission. It was a different voice than ones I heard only a few minutes ago, but none-the-less, it was most likely another human.

<This is Miles in Janus Station, finally checking in. Our communications tower was lost, but has now been restored and I’m able to start increasing communications ability between all bases. If someone is running transports, I’ve got Eden and Zenith kits ready to deploy here, just need someone to pick them up. Also, if someone is at Nexus Base currently, it would help to begin coordination of efforts from their command center, as you should now be able to track all activated EDEN and Zenith modules… oh, and it looks like once a munitions depo or two is fully active, some missile silos can be controlled from Nexus>.

I briefly explained to my companions what the machine did. Giving the Zoroark the master key, I told them to finish activating the rest of the base. I told them, after they persisted that there was no way they would no where this would go, how a key works and what type of hole to look to insert it into. Reluctantly, they acquiesced in at least trying. Turning my intention back to the console, I tugged at the mike on the right of the machine to get it as close to my mouth as possible. Getting it into position, I responded:

<This is Stephen at Echo Base. Good to know that there are others out there. I got the Defense Matrix up here. It sent a beam skyward upon complete activation making me assume that the other two are also online. I also found a master key in the munitions room here, so I have my two Aramas-native friends Nighteye the Zoroark and Latios finishing up the activation of the rest of the base. Had to give a brief explanation on how to use a key, but I have faith in them. Hopefully, this base will be operational before the Scorned arrive, but I have had a thought eating at me since I arrived at Echo. What’s the plan once the Scorned do arrive and I leave this question to anyone else that may be listening?>

(ooc: might be best to have that last question discussed in the café)

Tasslehoff

ExplicitEclipse
Jacob Smith the Lucario
Mew's Crusade
Medical Engineering Bay

As I was on my knees trying to replug all of the cords into the computer, I looked back over to Suicune it looked as if he was having a nightmare about something because he looked troubled. I returned to reconnecting the cords when I heard a voice over then intercom.

<This is Stephen at Echo Base. Good to know that there are others out there. I got the Defense Matrix up here. It sent a beam skyward upon complete activation making me assume that the other two are also online. I also found a master key in the munitions room here, so I have my two Aramas-native friends Nighteye the Zoroark and Latios finishing up the activation of the rest of the base. Had to give a brief explanation on how to use a key, but I have faith in them. Hopefully, this base will be operational before the Scorned arrive, but I have had a thought eating at me since I arrived at Echo. What’s the plan once the Scorned do arrive and I leave this question to anyone else that may be listening?>

(Hmmm, well at least it is good to know that a defense matrix is up. I should probably reply to this message as soon as I can, but right now, my top priority is Suicune. Without him, this message would be meaningless because Suicune is probably the only person in this base who knows where Echo is, and even better, if Suicune can die, I’m stuck here.) Thinking this to myself, I started to rush myself to get the terminal online as quick as possible. (Hmmm, I never realized before how , much I hated being alone. All my life I was with someone or able to get a hold of someone and now here, Suicune’s passed out and no one else is here but me. And now I’m resorting to thinking to myself or talking to myself, either way, it’s killing me! On the bright side, at least I got to here a friendly voice over the intercom.)

“SYSTEM ONLINE. THANK YOU FOR REBOOTING THIS PART OF THE FACILITY. PLEASE GIVE ME SOMETIME TO BOOT UP THE ALPHA MEDICAL ROBOTS.”

“What are you? Are you some kind of AI that helps run the facility?” (Wow! How ironic that after i finsih my thought of being alone. Some kind of computer program comes online to talk to me, well at least now I get to talk to it.)

“NO. OFCOURSE NOT. I AM A VIRTUAL INTELLINCE. I AM ONLY ABLE TO DO WHAT I AM PROGRAM TO DO AND NOTHING MORE. I HAVE NO MIND AND I AM RAN BY THIS STATIONS MAIN POWER SOURCE. MY LIMITATIONS ARE ONLY TO ALL OF THIS STATIONS FACILITIES AND THE DEFENSE WITHIN THE POWER ROOM. I SEE YOU HAVE DESROYED ALL OF THE TURRETS.”

“In my defense, you fired at us first.”

“I WAS ONLY DOING WHAT I WAS PROGRAMED TO DO. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY HUMAN WITHOUT ACCESS TO THESE FACILITIES INFILTRATED THE COMPLEX, WAS TO BE ELEMINATED WITHOUT WARNING TO PROTECT THIS FACILITY.”

“I hate your programmers.”

“THEIR CAUSE WAS JUST TO PROTECT KOKORO FROM ENEMIES.”

“Alright, how much time is left on the robots?”

“ALPHA MEDICAL ROBOTS IS AT 67%. ESTIMATED TIME UNTIL FINISH 10 MINUTES.”

“Will you be able to take the bullet out of Suicune’s leg?”

“THIS FACILITY IS DIRECTLY EQUIPPED TO HELP ANY INJURED HUMAN OR POKEMON FROM ANY FORM OF ATTACK OR WOUND. A BULLET WOUND IS AN EASY JOB FOR THE ALPHA MEDICAL ROBOTS.”

“That’s reassuring.”

“IF YOU WOULD LIKE, THIS FACILITY IS EQUIPPED WITH A ZENITH AUTMATED ARCHITECTURE, WHICH HAS NOT BEEN ACTIVATED YET, ALSO IT HAS AN E.D.E.N. TECHNOLOGY THAT WOULD BE WISE TO GET IT STARTED.”

“Alright, yea I’ll do that.”

“I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU UPDATES THOUGH BECAUSE OF THE TIME IT TAKES TO GET THE ZENITH AUTMATED ARCHITECTURE UP AND RUNNING.”

“S***, I’ll stay here then and wait for Suicune. How much time left?”

“ALPHA MEDICAL ROBOTS IS AT 82%”

“Alright.”

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Miles the Archen
Mew’s Crusade
Janus Station

Operator’s profile… seemed with a bit more work, I could get in as administration and command. That would help. And since the munitions computers were still checking through programs, I could manage that.

I listened in and registered as I got a response over the radio. <This is Stephen at Echo Base. Good to know that there are others out there. I got the Defense Matrix up here. It sent a beam skyward upon complete activation making me assume that the other two are also online. I also found a master key in the munitions room here, so I have my two Aramas-native friends Nighteye the Zoroark and Latios finishing up the activation of the rest of the base. Had to give a brief explanation on how to use a key, but I have faith in them. Hopefully, this base will be operational before the Scorned arrive, but I have had a thought eating at me since I arrived at Echo. What’s the plan once the Scorned do arrive and I leave this question to anyone else that may be listening?>

<I really don’t know,> I told Stephen. <Janus needed a lot of attention, so I haven’t thought much further ahead. We could use someone coordinating things. This is the communications base, so I can do a good portion of it from here, but Nexus would be the better choice overall. Whatever we decide, it needs to be settled and done quick.> I started to get numbers from the EDEN kits. <Huh, looks like the Swarm Pokémon have gotten a lot of the lands purified around here. That’s great.>

(Outside the room, a pair of Zubats argued about whether or not to tell the Archen about Liepard’s death. The guy was naïve, they could agree, and they didn’t want to disrupt what he was doing. But Dirge was still a danger.)

Scarmin the Tyranitar
Roaring Thunder
Sunmar countryside

Basically, there were two ways that my clan changed leadership while the current leader was still alive. One was a battle to the death, which is how I had gotten in charge. It had been necessary at that time. The other was the Strike Ritual, which was called when the leader and the successor had mutual respect for each other and the death of either would be detrimental. It was a highly formal battle with a number of rules to even the odds. For instance, by type, I had a huge advantage over her. But the rules of the ritual prevented me from taking advantage of it.

Now some Pokémon would say that I could just say to someone that Diadem was allowed to take command when or if I fell. But that’s not how things worked in Roaring Thunder. To be high ranked in our clan, the individual had to be powerful, like a thunderstorm that dominated the lands. And respect is a huge deal, something that must be earned and maintained. If I just said that she would take over, that was disrespectful of me not to recognize her power. And other members of the clan would not respect her until she proved herself powerful enough to lead Roaring Thunder. That would lead to lots of messy in-fighting at a time when the clan needed to be strong.

The Strike Ritual would show that I respected her and she had power equal to my own; thus she was the proper person to be my successor, while we were both alive and capable of fighting the Scorned.

While I gave her a moment to find the proper method, I checked on the crowd. Witnesses were important, to confirm the results. On seeing that we did have that, I looked back to see her levitate a large rock. At its simplest, this was a shoving match, three chances to push the opponent down and show that you could have ‘struck them dead’. That should have still been unfair since her Psychic powers, her greatest strength, couldn’t touch me. A rule allowed the use of a levitating object instead. I took my steel crown off, as it would get in the way, and shoved against the levitating rock with my head. After a minute, I pushed it back to the ground. First round went to me.

Diadem didn’t look too concerned about it and brought her rock back into the air. I went for it again, finding nearly the same resistance. That is, until she increased it and knocked me over. As to be expected, she’d been testing me with the first round. “Don’t get comfortable,” I told her as I got up.

“You either,” she said, nodding.

On that third round, I put all my strength into pushing against that rock. And Diadem did the same in making the rock push back, holding her silver spoons still as she focused. I wasn’t going to disrespect her and make this easy, even if this need to be confirmed now. with my feet digging deep into the damp earth, I… a flash of something ran through my mind, something that tried to terrify me but I wasn’t going to let them, they were within sight of the sun… the interruption disrupted my focus enough that Diadem’s rock threw me to the ground again.

There were a couple of cheers from the watchers as I got back up. a Kingdra that belonged to our clan came over. “So this means that Diadem’s in charge?”

“Not quite yet,” she said. “We agreed on it.”

“Right,” I said, grabbing my twisted metal crown to put back on my head (a bit of a trick with small arms, but I’m not telling you my secret, nyah). “Diadem?”

“I’ll get it to the other clansmen,” she said. And no one else, but I only needed to talk to those of Roaring Thunder.

“Now LISTEN, you lot from our clan, those of you who’ve been here in Sunmar, and those of you listening. Diadem has completed the Strike Ritual successfully. She has the strength of body, heart, and soul to be clan leader. She will be coordinating efforts of various fighters, and I’ll be out on the front lines fighting the aliens. Now should I be killed, she will take command and decide what to do from there.

“Also, you all should know of the sacrifice of Cal the Chrizard, who used the utmost of his power to break the curse of endless rain over Sunmar. It is a brave deed to sacrifice one’s self for the survival of others, especially for those who could not compare to our power. We are the strongest mortal Pokémon of Kokoro, and we will use it to defend our planet once again from outsiders.

“Now as for the humans working under Mew, I’m still not sure what to make of them. Be cautious around them for the time being, but focus your efforts against the Scorned. Cooperate with the other clans and Pokémon of Kokoro for now, to defend them. At this point, we don’t need to be fighting each other, but I’m sure that this time will show everyone’s true colors.

“They’ll be here soon. Remember, we are the Roaring Thnder bellowing across the lands and seas and we will not be quieted! This is Scarmin saying, be strong, courageous, and do not give up without a fight.” I then gave Diadem a sign to cut the telepathy. That should do it.

Still, a lot of Pokemon in the Dragontail Peninsula were sick or weak. I don't know how many strong members were down there. I figured I'd best work with who I had here.

OkikuMew

Kassy Joy the Chikorita
Mew’s Crusade
Liberty Station, Karan

I finally finished studying all about the equipment we have here. The EDEN, the teleporter, the gunships... I even reviewed the medical bays. I've made the EDEN and Medical run so they would make as much supply as possible before the attack. I also received a message from Martin, saying his power plant is finally online and he's currently working on those Excalibur robots. We're now ready to face anything the base will face, but I just hope it's enough for the towns in Karan...

"<This is Miles in Janus Station,>" a voice rang out of the communication program, "<finally checking in. Our communications tower was lost, but has now been restored and I’m able to start increasing communications ability between all bases. If someone is running transports, I’ve got Eden and Zenith kits ready to deploy here, just need someone to pick them up. Also, if someone is at Nexus Base currently, it would help to begin coordination of efforts from their command center, as you should now be able to track all activated EDEN and Zenith modules… oh, and it looks like once a munitions depo or two is fully active, some missile silos can be controlled from Nexus>."

<This is Stephen at Echo Base," another voice booms from the computer's speakers. "<Good to know that there are others out there. I got the Defense Matrix up here. It sent a beam skyward upon complete activation making me assume that the other two are also online. I also found a master key in the munitions room here, so I have my two Aramas-native friends Nighteye the Zoroark and Latios finishing up the activation of the rest of the base. Had to give a brief explanation on how to use a key, but I have faith in them. Hopefully, this base will be operational before the Scorned arrive, but I have had a thought eating at me since I arrived at Echo. What’s the plan once the Scorned do arrive and I leave this question to anyone else that may be listening?>

I quickly grab the microphone and put on the headphones:

"<Nurse Kassy Joy in Liberty Station, I hear you Miles and Stephen. We need some Zenith kits here since Martin at Ramos Outpost, the closest military compound, has only the power plant running for now, and working on putting his Excalibur robots online. If your Ragnarok teleporter is active, please feel free sending Zenith equipment here at Liberty Station.>" I paused a bit, catching my breath. "<We're running the EDEN and medical machines to create an industrial quantity of medical kits and neutralizers, so if any of the bases are missing any of those equipment feel free to ask, we'll ship them by teleport pads to you as soon as possible. As for the Nexus Base, as far as I'm concerned only two legendary pokemon, Latias and Shaymin, and some pokemon that were injured in the Swarm war are still there. Speaking of them...> Latias, Shaymin, anyone in Nexus Base that can hear me, this is Kassy in Liberty Station! Just to let you know, it seems some missile silos at Janus Station can be controlled from Nexus Base. But more importantly, please, bring help at Liberty Station, north from here. We will need as much peo... I-I mean pokemon to help in the upcoming fight and delivering the supplies to karanian towns. Also on the way, if possible, please bring supplies from your base to Turova on the way here."

I have the bad feeling we're gonna need some help... I know we're ready, but I can't help but feeling things are gonna get horrible...

"<To answer your question Stephen...>" I looked on the floor, sighing. His question made me realize although we're ready to protect the base and help supply other bases, we haven't done anything to the towns in Karan yet... I really wish this whole war didn't break in, so we would've taken care of this island earlier... "<...All I know is I feel we won't have time to send supplies and protect the towns and cities of Karan, other than Turova, the closest town from here. When the scorned do arrive here, what we'll do all depends on what's gonna happen, and what we have. If we have a nice group of fight-capable pokemon with us, plus Martin activates his robots in time, I think we could stand a chance against the Scorned through Karan. If not... I think the only best thing we could do without endangering us too much is to protect the bases, Coastwind Rainforest and Turova. Kassy Joy, moving out.>"

I put everything back like it was, so I can still hear the other conversations that will be going in. And then, there's a knock on the door, which opens almost immediately afterwards.

"We're here!" a familiar voice shouts out.

"Latias!" I exclaimed. "That was fast!"

Latias comes in, accompanied by quite a few pokemon: some pigeys, pigeottos, butterfrees, durants, rattatas, deinos and... hey, is that Negan, the minun that I mended his tail? He looks quite well! I'm so happy!

"Yes, we heard your message from that machine thing. We were able to deliver some medical and EDEN supplies to Turnova, like you requested. By the way, Shaymin stayed behind at Nexus Base, just in case."

"That's great, thank you so very much! And... how did you bring so many pokemon?"

"Some flew, some I put them on my back, others I levitated them."

"Oh, right." I slapped a vine on my forehead. Why didn't I think of that... And ow, my head hurts now. Did I just use vine whip on myself?

"You've helped us," Negan cheerfully butts into the conversation, "now we want to help back! Tell us what to do!"

"Alright," I smiled, "first, let me teach all of you the basics on how to use the machines here. After, we'll all go out and distribute supplies to all the towns in Karan and fight the Scorned!"

Everyone cheered. I truly feel that we're gonna be ok now. But please, for the love of arceus, give us just enough time to get things ready and go help the towns in need...

((OoC: to make the scorned attack closer to what Neo had planned, I'll consider that Kassy will only have time to explain how the machines work to the group of pokemon before it all begins.))

Last edited:

5blackout55

Ace Trainer Blackout
Cal Tere is still hope he Charizard
Roaring Thunder
Dream World

"Am-am I dead?" I asked

The last thing I remembered was using all the energy I have to stop the rain at Sunmar...

Suddenly a flash of light came by and I heard a voice

"Cal, I am the spirt of Kokoro and have heard your cries to protect the Pokemon of Kokoro from the Scorned" It said.

"I will help you fight he Scorned but you must help Mew and the humans they are the key you are to defend and move the Pokemon to the safest parts of Kokoro- the Isles" The voice said

"But I used up my Cyan Energy to stop the rain in Sunmar... Im not as powerful as I was before..." I said

"Its true that you unleashed all of your Cyan Energy stopping the rain at Sunmar, Roaring Thunder campsite. but I am going to give you a massive boost when I transfer ALL of the Cyan Energy I have into your body, turning you to the Kokoro Knight." The voice said

"Thank You, I not even sure if this is real but we found temples in the Isles and they need a code to open..." I said

"Believe in the power and the will to survive of Kokoro the awnser to everything lies in the Cyan Energy. Go now Kokoro Knight the Scorned are coming from the other workd go save Kokoro using its energies" the voice said

There was a Flash of light and I see my self at Sunmar again releasing a massive power compareable to a legendary pokemon.

Sunmar

"If what happen really happen..." I thought

Diadem and Scarmin were no where to be seen...

"Recon Air Sea Land go around Kokoro spread the message that the Scorned will come soon get to the humans bases and tell Mew Crusade to get tho the Isles where I will unlock the temples for all pokemon to take refugee. I think only the Legendaries and I have the power to stop them..." I ordered

Using the Cran Energy, I told the pokemon of Kokoro to head for the Isles where they wll be save there is no telling where the Scorned will strike. I just hope they will take my word for it... the Swarm members seem lost I think they could help us

"To all remaining swarm members, We'll need your help to show the pokemon the way to the Isles those at the Western part of Kokoro head for the western Isles those at the east head for the Sapphire Isles I will build a bridge to the Isles so ground pokemon could cross and may the sprit of Kokoro be with you"

with that I flew up and try to find Scarmin and Diadem... I need them now more than ever...

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Miles the Archen
Mew's Crusade
Janus Station

So many things to work on. The munitions plant came online, and distribution was still a problem. Unless… that one Kassy, she had mentioned something about teleporters. Was it possible to deploy Zenith through teleporters? It would require taking the targeting function and placing it off of another unit, onto open grounds. And now that I had satellite connections, I could aim for pieces of land by cameras…

Yes, that would work! No, wait… it’d only work within a certain radius of Janus, at the very most Southwatch and Anya on Lasa, and maybe Capo on Karan (that was pushing it, though). And then there was the trouble of letting the Pokémon know that the thing that had mysteriously appeared was there to help them. I could communicate with other bases, but now that Victini was gone, I couldn’t get a message through telepathy out. The Swarm members couldn’t do that in their normal state.

“Hey, we’re back!” came a cheery voice behind me. “The places feel much better, although they still look a bit off.”

I looked back and saw a Butterfree coming in (different from a Beautifly, I had learned). “Great!” I said. “It could take a few days for things to spring back to how they should be. Of those of you who are back, can I get you guys to help figure something out? We’ve got some good things here that could help in the battles, but they’re designed for humans. Could you experiment with them and see if you can figure them out?”

The Butterfree nodded. “Sure, we’ll give it a try.”

“Good, then I’m going to build a defense wall out in Anya Canyon. It’ll have built in weapons, and I’ll send along things from this plant too. I’m afraid that I know how the things work, but now how to use them. If that makes sense.”

“Mm, some people can’t explain how their powers work,” he said. “But they can still use them. Like that?”

“Yes, like that.” I gave orders to Zenith to manufacture the largest defense wall they had and place it in a tactical spot in the canyon. At least, in a spot I thought was tactical (it was at the largest pathway down into the canyon where the base was from the northern lands, so it bottlenecked a major pathway, but would have gated passes for Pokémon to go through). Then I also ordered the munitions to produce a sampling of everything, from heat-vision goggles to a sniper rifle. “Please be careful with this stuff, as a good portion of them are weapons. Don’t point them at each other or you might end up killing somebody. And…” I paused, then waved him over to give a view of a gun, so that no one tried using it with the barrel pointed at themselves.

The Butterfree and a few others who had taken leadership of the Adamant Swarm group here talked with me, then went out to where I had teleported the Zenith defense wall and munitions supplies. Then I recalled some of the things the other humans had told me before I had to talk with him.

<Kassy, are you there still?> I called over the radio. <I can send you two defense walls through the teleporter; they’re big units, so get some maintenance robots or large Pokémon to carry the kits to the locations you want, then activate them remotely or from the control panel on the kit. Also, I’ve got communicator headsets from the munitions factory, so I’ll send those too. We can use a lot of medical supplies here if you can spare a couple lots. I sent a number of Pokémon out to experiment with stuff and I’m afraid that even with my warnings, somebody’s gonna get hurt.> I started up the manufacturing of the two walls and multiple headsets, with orders to teleport them to Liberty Station. Since it was between bases, that would work.

Then a new voice, to me anyhow, came over the lines. <This is Martin at Ramos Outpost. I was wondering, is anyone familiar with the Excalibur robots? I’m reading up one them, but the faster they can be deployed, the better.>

<I know how to use them for maintenance work,> I replied. I usually didn’t get called out to assist starship engineers, but there were occasions. <They’re fine so long as a supervisor periodically checks in on their work.>

<What about for setting them to battle mode?>

<That? Haven’t had to deal with it. Um…> I had noticed that it was on the list of things to check, so I looked into it. <I would say, make sure they’re set to recognize Pokémon as allies. They should be, but better safe than sorry. Other than that, so long as you have the security clearance to activate them, they’d be reliable allies.>

<That’s good. It seems they have preprogrammed settings; have to decide if they’d be any good or not.>

I discussed that with him for a while, doing my best to help him figure the robots out.

Agent Tectonic

From Ashes, I Come
Dirge
Midnight Claw: Leader
Southwatch

“EVERYONE! AS-SEMBLE!”
Clan members were scurrying around trying to find their place within the square of Southwatch. Upon returning from the human base, I gathered a healthy supply of fighters, scouts, pillagers, and anyone capable of fighting into the market square of Southwatch.

Swarm members from the human base were sighted throughout Lasa, as I had seen a few in Southwatch and others had flown in to relay the same information in other cities. I had told them all that they were helping the human within at the canyon base. My greatest delight was hearing that many crops were being purified. Hopefully, some of the herbs within those cities could start treating the sick now that they were healthy again. Tepa, unfortunately, was left unsaveable, nonetheless, many of the once sick towns were habitable again. Not only that, trade was quickly coming in again thanks to the many flying types stepping up and getting starving towns like Quintas and Southwatch. Only thing left to do was to secure defenses throughout Lasa, which was what the huge group in front of me was for.

“Alright, I need strike teams laid out in each of the cities. There are a few hundreds of you here, so I need groups of 75 spread-out throughout this island. Also, head to the two human bases and ask, NOT TAKE, what can be used.”

By now, murmurs were heard from the crowd regarding using human technology. This was quickly silenced as I continued.

“Yes, at one point, this clan made it a point to never use those technologies; however, as all of you can simply look up and see, there are three huge asteroids hovering over this planet, most likely belonging to the Scorned. Now is not the time to harbor malevolent feelings toward these humans. If they came to help, let us see if they are strong enough to survive, so says the creed. Now, I ask five particular individuals to step forward.

Yanmega, you have served well for your short time here. As your final test to receive my blessing in joining this clan and receive your name, you are to defend Tokan, once a home to many fire, dragon, and electric types. Tokan no longer serves under Midnight Claw, so show them what it means to be a member of this clan. Take the other potential indoctrinees that have defected from Roaring Thunder and Adamant Swarm. Should all of you prove well and repel the Scorned, you allegiance to my clan is sealed.”

Looking next at Swellow and one of my few closest friends, I addressed to her, “Swift, take a handful of the more veteran clan members and water types and head to your hometown of Paratan. That city must not fall as they are the main supply of our food. As such, you are to head to human canyon base and receive as much help from the Archen there before you go there.”

One my best ocean thieves, Arctic the Dewgong, was to head to Anya and protect the few citizens left. If they could, they were to evacuate the town so that no citizens were killed; however, if they failed to leave when the plague hit them, they were most likely not going to leave then. “If they refuse to leave, convince them to help in the fight.”

“Jet, you are to take the rest of the water types and a few of the dark and ice types and head to Quintas. Recruit the other clan members there and fight off any invaders that stand in your way.

Finally, Serpes, as Liepard is now dead due to failure in duty, you are now to take his position. I want you to take the remaining grass and normal types and head to Tepa. Plague still holds sway there, so along with Swift, head to the human base and acquire any supplies that can fight the plague. I do not want to exhaust our supply of herbs yet so long as the humans have a substitute.”

Each of the subleaders nodded there heads: the Yanmega, the Swllow, the Floatzel, the Dewgong, and the Serperior. Before I dismissed them to attend to their duties, there was one last thing that needed to be addressed.

“On top of defending those towns, you are to recruit as many other Pokemon as possible. The Scorned most likely outnumber us, so you all need to assemble more troops if possible to increase our odds of winning. Also, we are not Roaring Thunder, meaning we attack and flee before they counterattack. Hit and run, hit and run. Many of us will die, but make sure that you take down hundreds of them before you do. We are Midnight Claw, the strongest and quickest. The Scorned tried to strike fear into us before they arrived, yet here we are, ready to defend this world. IT IS US THAT THEY SHOULD FEAR. IN THE NAME OF MIDNIGHT CLAW, SHOW NO FEAR, SLAUGHTER THE INVADERS, AND MAKE THEM REGRET THE DAY THAT THEY DARED ATTACK WITH MID...NIGHT... CLAW!”

And with those final words, a cheer of erupted throughout the crowd as each of five subleaders took their troops to the designated cities. Remaining were the veteran thieves and assassins. With a wicked smile I told them to get into there positions, as they knew where they were needed. “It is high time that this clan had a challenge.”

Stephen Foralis
Mew’s Crusade
Echo Base

Miles and Kassy both had been saying something about not knowing what the best plan was. Miles had suggested on someone needing to coordinate everything. As far as I was concerned, I was the only one near that could assist with defending the eastern half of the island, causing me to worry only a bit. Trying to calm my nerves (the heavy atmosphere and the almost hushed whispering weren’t helping), I thought up memories of paintballing, my nickname Forest Shadow, me always being on my own team (loved those games, always won).

I stepped away from the communication machine and went to check on my companions. First walking into the munitions room, I found all of the glass doors open, revealing the weaponry and small communication devices ready for use. I continued my search throughout the base, keeping mental notes for each of the machinery in how far along their activation time they were. Seems like they found out how to activate everything. I was a little worried that they wouldn’t.

I finally found them in the aircraft hangar, looking at sole flying ship.

“What are you guys looking at? “ I asked.

Latios spoke up before Nighteye was able to, “This thing. If you look around you, this thing is the only flying object of its kind. Can you make heads or tails of it?”

I looked around at the other aircraft and back at it, noticing too that it did look different. I could tell that it was a gunship considering it had machine guns as turrets on either side of it and one in the back. I checked around again for any posters or manuals to see if anything here could identify it. Before I could even start looking though, a rumbling was heard overhead.

Heading outside to see what it was, I looked up to see three mega ships floating above the planet. To my eyes, they were about the size of plane flying overhead when I was human, but that was the exact scary thing about it. I could tell that they were Scorned vessels even though they looked like asteroids; yet the fact that they were that big to normal eyes meant that they were huge up close then.

Squinting a bit further, I could see other objects flying off of them. I had to stop and wonder as to what they were before realizing what they actually were.

“We need to get those ships up and running,” I muttered out to my two companions who were also looking fearfully up at the vessels.

Walking back inside the base, I could not help but listen to the constantly quiet voicing that seem to be emanating from whatever source it came from. For whatever reason, it brought up a passage of a poem when of my friends loved reading. I stopped for a minute as my brain rehearsed what I had thought was forgotten, and I could not help but think that it fit all to well.

Hear the loud alarum bells -
Brazen bells!
What a tale of terror, now, their turbulency tells!
In the startled ear of night
How they scream out their affright!
Too much horrified to speak,
They can only shriek, shriek,
Out of tune,
In a clamorous appealing to the mercy of the fire,
In a mad expostulation with the deaf and frantic fire,
Leaping higher, higher, higher,
With a desperate desire,
And a resolute endeavor
Now - now to sit, or never,
By the side of the pale - faced moon.
Oh, the bells, bells, bells!
What a tale their terror tells
Of Despair!
How they clang, and clash and roar!
What a horror they outpour
On the bosom of the palpitating air!
Yet the ear, it fully knows,
By the twanging,
And the clanging,
How the danger ebbs and flows;
Yet the ear distinctly tells,
In the jangling,
And the wrangling,
How the danger sinks and swells,
By the sinking or the swelling in the anger of the bells -
Of the bells -
Of the bells, bells, bells, bells,
Bells, bells, bells -
In the clamor and the clanging of the bells!​

It was these words of woe that I recalled the poem written by Edgar Allen Poe.

(ooc Credits to Edgar Allen Poe in writing the The Bells, in which I just quoted part III) (If this is not how to give credit to other works, please let me know how to correctly)

Last edited: