• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Time & Darkness Expedition (022)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Time & Darkness Expedition (022)

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Time & Darkness Expedition

A Young Boy goes to bed one night and wakes up in the Pokémon world as a Piplup. Being awoken by a Chimchar, he quickly befriends his new PokéFriend. Taking them to the nearby Guild led by Wigglytuff, Piplup decides to join Chimchar on an Expedition. Joined by the guilds Sunflora, they end up under attack from Team RazorWind and then by a Gabite. Can they finish their mission?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Ze Skarmory

I bet this is gonna be like the last Mystery Dungeon episode, just with diffrent charcters.

Sheik

I really loved the first mystery dungeon episode i've only seen a few pictures of this new episode and it looks pretty good so far I'm glad Gabite will be in this one it's one of my favorite poke'mon.

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
Glad Team RazorWind got a good amount of screentime. Shame the main villain Team (Team PoisonRose) didn't even get a mention. But whatever.

Zangoose>>>>>Skuntank, in my book.

I await the dub. =)

ijea4444

The first one was ok but again DUB no matter who dubs it isn't a ything near the orginal. *sighs* if only i knew japenese... ill have to wait the dub or for the subbed version.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Interesting pics. Gabite seems pretty cool, as does that hint at a possible sequel... I might post more later. I haven't really taken enough notice of MD2 to judge much.

uber gon

Accept Change
;444; using ATTRACT=:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

uber gon

Accept Change

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
This is basically the first mystery dungeon episode, but I loved that, and I love Gabite(ultra-cool)

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Was Piplup really able to see the future whenever it touched Chimchar because thats what i thought when i saw the pics & one more thing can anyone tell me what was the thing Gabite gave them after it got defeated & what did Shinx wanted from them.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Good lord its the same episode. Everyone is a copy of another character from the previous MD special.

Pochamma is Squirtle right down the the bubble attack
Chimchar and.... Sunflora (Why Sunflora?) are Charmander and Chikorita
The new team meanies trio are the old trio
The two electric lions (whos name escape me) are Pichu and Pikachu (They replaced the icon?)
The Kecleon are, well the Kecleon
Shall I go on?

Last edited:

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
Chimchar and.... Bellsprout (Why Bellsprout?) are Charmander and Chikorita

It's Sunflora. Seriously, how can you get the two mixed up? 0_0

Grovyle is Alakazam

No proof that he is. You haven't even played the game to come to that conclusion.

The new team meanies trio are the old trio

Again, no proof that they're related. Set-up might be the same, but who's to say they aren't in the games?

At least this special was a little more developed than the last one.

uber gon

Accept Change
I still think Gabite using ATTRACT was seriously LOL.

-Starly-

Brain Damage
The website now has it.

While there were some definite similarities with this and the first PMD special, it was still an enjoyable special. Some points I liked include TALKING BIDOOF (goes off to GameFAQs), Gabite using Attract (lol), and PochaBOI seeing into the future. I was pretty disappointed at the fact they didn't show what happened to Grovyle after he took the Time Gear, and what will happen after the special (because come on, they probably won't be making a series).

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
It seems like they left this at a cliffhanger, so I hope there's another part to this particular MD series. Probably not going to happen, but I want to see Grovyle dammit!

At least Gabite's interesting enough to be good for now.

Sparkleo

Low on power...
I wanna know about that Wigglytuff. Was that hyper voice she just did? I could see why Bidoof and the other had that 'WTF' moment. OK, maybe not...

Also, Cutie Shinx!

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
It's Sunflora. Seriously, how can you get the two mixed up? 0_0.
I don't know, I got their names mixed up probably because its not a Pokemon I'm used to mentioning. Either way, why Sunflora of all Pokemon?

No proof that he is. You haven't even played the game to come to that conclusion.
I'm refering to the episode not the game. It seemed like Grovyle was shown in a similar way to Alakazam as the celebrity. That is what I ment. However after seeing Korobooshi Kojiro's post I can see I made a mistake there.

Again, no proof that they're related. Set-up might be the same, but who's to say they aren't in the games?
I'm not refering to the games, I'm refering to the episodes and the episodes alone. The set up being the same is what I was saying.

The games will probably be different but this special is basicly the same as the last one in the sense of plot.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
This was a lot like the original only better. Sunflora was a riot. I especially loved her "GABAITO-SAMAAA!" when she was hit with attract. Any Futago Hime fans watching knows where that came from.

Despite Team Razor Wind being a lot like the Meanies they at least had a reason (trying to get into the guild) instead of just being...well meanies.

Gabite wins this episode (despite not having the male notch in his fins. Cheap-a** animators.). He's a whole lot better than Skarmory if not for anything other than his vicious Meromero attack. He was certainly more of a character than "I don' like it".

And of course the twin Kecleon had to return. I hope in the dub they're given the same voices as they had in the original.

And other thing was Piplup's visions of the future when he touched Chimchar. This is begging for a sequel (if not an entire OVA) and I hope they make one.