• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Time & Darkness Expedition (022)

Cobalt_Latios

Well, I'll be honest here; I did dl the episode to view. Yes, it is the english dub. No, I'm not linking you the link to get it. And no, you won't be getting a youtube link either. That's where PMs come in handy ;).

Anyhow, I must say that at first I was a bit surprised to hear who was voicing who, but even more surprised of who they were. Otherwise, it follows the game pretty closely and it was just entertaining to see this re-enactement.

However, once the credits came around, I took note of them. You will shocked to know who's in this special. Here they are (in order that the credits showed it at):

- Billy Beach (a.k.a. Jimmy Zoppi) : voiced Corphish (I think)
- Maddie Blaustein : voiced Chatot.
- Dan Green : voiced Grovyle
- Bella Hudson : not sure here.
- Chad Kessler : ...
- Rachael Lillis : Male Shinx
- Sarah Natochenny : (guessing) voiced Sunflora... maybe not.
- Bill Rogers : probably one of the members of team Razor Wind. Not sure either.
- Marc Thompson : ...
- Tom Warland : ...

But, that's what I got. But, otherwise, yeah decent special shame they won't be continuing it (granted, the game came out in April... and the Jap version came out even earlier... so I doubt it).

Oh well, again PMs go a long way.

p.s. Wigglytuff sounds like Dawn's mother, Johanna... I sware to god it's her!

~C_L~

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Man, this is so different from watching it on YouTube (You may only get those links by PM'ing me or searching yourself). So now with the U.S. premiere, I will make my comments.

All I can say is that I love this special and would in no way object to a series being made of this. Grovyle is just as awesome here as he is in the game. Pretty much all the characters sounded just like I expected them to (except for Wigglytuff, sounded like a male Johanna). I am very much happy that they kept all the background music for this episode, especially since they were all based off tracks from the game.

Definitely a great special. I may post a little more later on the dub, but I'm being kicked off the computer.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Man, this is so different from watching it on YouTube (You may only get those links by PM'ing me or searching yourself). So now with the U.S. premiere, I will make my comments.

All I can say is that I love this special and would in no way object to a series being made of this. Grovyle is just as awesome here as he is in the game. Pretty much all the characters sounded just like I expected them to (except for Wigglytuff, sounded like a male Johanna). I am very much happy that they kept all the background music for this episode, especially since they were all based off tracks from the game.

Definitely a great special. I may post a little more later on the dub, but I'm being kicked off the computer.

Dattebayo

Banned
Well I got to say, this is much better than the first Mystery Dungeon episode. The voices are really decent/good especially Gabite's dubbed voice. I guess I was right about the fact that Grovyle is voiced by Dan Green(A.k.a. Yami Yugi).

AstralEon

The one and only.
This was a great explorer episode. Much better then the first one. I recognized some voices in the episode. I feel like they should make this into a series. They already have how the story line should go.

Not much to say, only that it was great. Wish they make more of it...

7.5/10

Katharina27

Eeveelution Breeder
The adventure continues... Just as soon as you go out and pay 40 bucks for the game! ^_^ Yeah, I'm already guilty of that. The game's pretty good but I almost liked the story line better in the previous game. Well, who am I kidding. I liked em both. The point is that we will not get another episode for this series.

Bunearyno.1fan

Pokemon Breeder
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Time & Darkness Expedition

A Young Boy goes to bed one night and wakes up in the Pokémon world as a Piplup. Being awoken by a Chimchar, he quickly befriends his new PokéFriend. Taking them to the nearby Guild led by Wigglytuff, Piplup decides to join Chimchar on an Expedition. Joined by the guilds Sunflora, they end up under attack from Team RazorWind and then by a Gabite. Can they finish their mission?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
Did u see that last night @ 7:00 and 7:30pm?

Brumrha

Banned
I own both PMD games, but I've never managed to watch both of these specials until yesterday; matter of fact, there was so much on TV that I wasn't able to get on the forums yesterday.

So there's no Team Skull? That's great; they're a bunch of SOBs IMO. Also, the one part when Gabite used Attract on Sunflora is the one thing I never saw coming.

Anyway, now that it's out for the US, shouldn't there be a WiFi WM for PMD 2 containing Labyrinth Cave?

Off Topic: Rank up; score!

Faerie

MONS
Very, Very Bad.

It was cute, but there were very few other redeeming features to this episode. I was disappointed.

I have never played either of the games, so I'm not one to judge, but I can tell that they did the same thing as the last one and only showed the very first mission of the game. I know it's only a half-hour special, but they could have at least showed snippets of the game. This time they bared a little of the plot, but not enough for it to be interesting, or even for it to seem relevant.

I will admit that they didn't water it down as much in this episode as they did in the previous one. The first two MD games were much more serious than the main franchise, but the episode was basically geared towards five-year-olds. Assuming that Time and Darkness are the same, this one made more sense. Plus the English voice actors didn't sound like they all had a cold this time.

What really bugged me that this was pretty much structured in the exact same way as the episode: Pokemon A meets Pokemon B on beach. Pokemon B says he used to be a human and is not believed. Pokemon A takes Pokemon B with him and they join a team. Pokemon C is concerned about their sibling and the AB team go into a dungeon to help Pokemon C's sibling. On the way they meet Team DEF, who has been beaten up by Pokemon G. Team AB goes and battled Pokemon G, wins, and saves the sibling.

That is what happened in BOTH of the episodes. Come on, guys, you can be a little more original. You don't have to let the games constrain you that much.

I'll just summarize this: it was painfully obvious that this was just a marketing ploy to make you buy the games. Try harder next time.

EDIT: OK, I have to give them credit for the Totoro reference in the opening theme. That was nice.

Last edited:

MarshtompMan

DestinyTrainer 10yrs
I was stunned speechless when I heard Grovyle's voice.
It just didn't seem right.
And I didn't imagine Chatot's voice like that, but it was okay.
I thought Wigglytuff was a boy, but I guess I was wrong.

It should be a series though.

Last edited:

kasmeargy

I have never played either of the games, so I'm not one to judge, but I can tell that they did the same thing as the last one and only showed the very first mission of the game.

Actually, the Shinx mission is a wi-fi/password mission. It's not found in the game during the storyline.

Anyway I'd have to say, they did a pretty good job on the voices. The only one I didn't like was Wigglytuff, but I kind of knew he'd have a bad voice.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
meh, i saw it ages ago....I got the DVD free when i bought the game (I live in England, bought it at Woolworths)

It wasn't as good as the first one...It was very disappointing...

Battra

Meh it was the same as the first one just upgrade all the characters to D & P Pokemon, but that said it was enjoyable watching.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I didn't like this special any better than the first one. Honestly, I like the normal episodes because they're good for all ages, not these Mystery Dungeon episodes that make me feel like I'm watching a Nick Jr. show.

That being said, this episode was better than "Team Go-Getters", but it still grates on my nerves. The only one I really liked in the whole special was the corphish. :D That guy who does Professor Nanba has a great voice, I'll give him that.

NewBrock

Boulder Trainer
- Bill Rogers : probably one of the members of team Razor Wind. Not sure either.

~C_L~

Nope. Not Team Razor Wind. I'm kinda glad that no one was able to guess who I was. It makes me feel more like a vocal chameleon. The unfortunate side effect is that no one knows that I've done what I've done.

:)

jony97

webmaster
goylae is good

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
persona;ty I didn't some voiced I hated Chatots voice it sounded way way to nerdy I was hopeing for a parrot voice