• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Time & Darkness Expedition (022)

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Oh gosh, just watched it last night because I have Explorers of Darkness...

I almost couldn't take it seriously. The moment Grovyle spoke in Dan Green's voice, I tried my hardest not to laugh. It's so awkward seeing the other Pokémon speak even when we're so used to Meowth and the occasional other. I actually hadn't realized the old cast did the voices until I heard Maddie as Chatot. I'm a bit disappointed Wigglytuff had a female voice, but at least it was deep, even if it was still obvious.

The moment Gabite did his Attract on Sunflora, I pretty much died. It's just so... awkwardly funny to be taken seriously.

Still, I did find myself liking it. I wish I knew where to watch the other episode, though.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I didn't care for the voices in this one, just Chatot and the Kecleons. I like how there are items from the games that appear here, including the Joy Scarf and the Power Band, and I thought that Gabite using Attract on Sunflora was hilarious.

I definitely prefer the first PMD special over this, though.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
I honestly prefer this special over the first. I feel like this could have been its own spin off series that could have aired during gen 4.

JudySpell

Banned
I didn't like this PMD special. It lacked the spark that the 1st one had and I only liked that Meowth's old Va voiced Chatot. 4/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
As a big fan of PMD Time and Darkness, I was pleased with this special. I liked the foreshadowing for Grovyle and the Time Gears as well as seeing the Labyrinth Cave Gabite mission from the games animated. :3

Last edited:
This was a fun special and I was happy to hear Meowth's old actress voice Chatot. Chimchar and Piplup fighting Gabite was the best moment.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
All I can really say is that I love this special. Grovyle was just as awesome here as he is in the games. Pretty much all the characters sounded just like I expected them to, and Maddie voiced Chatot! *Faints*

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
This was a fun special and I was happy to hear Meowth's old actress voice Chatot.

If I remember right Chatot was Maddie's last voice acting role in the Pokemon franchise, so it was bittersweet. I kind of wish Chatot had had a bigger role here so that Maddie would've had more lines. :[

ZilverLox

Banned
I liked the scenes showing Grovyle stealing the Gears and the music was great too. What I disliked about this special was how Piplup's whole ordeal of becoming a Pokemon was an exact rip-off of Squirtle's troubles from the 1st Mystery Dungeon special, just with Chimchar and Sunflora taking Charmander's and Chikorita's places. :(

Leonhart

Imagineer
I loved the chemistry between Pochama and Hikozaru in this special, and the fact that the Labyrinth Cave mission from the games was adapted so well here was neat. I didn't like seeing Kimawari in Pochama's rescue squad however, because Bippa seemed like a better choice of teammate. Gabite was peculiar, yet still a decent villain and better than Airmd.

Daizy

I call you honey
This PMD special wasn't as fun as the 1st one because this one was a copy of the Gabite mission, whereas the 1st one had an original story. I liked Piplup's human voice though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This PMD special wasn't as fun as the 1st one because this one was a copy of the Gabite mission, whereas the 1st one had an original story. I liked Piplup's human voice though.

The Gabite mission from this special was a good subplot however, at least from a promotional standpoint since said mission was accessible in the games via a special code. It all tied together.

Daizy

I call you honey
The special, while far too identical to the first one, was very enjoyable. It was nice to hear the Mystery Dungeon theme again. Gabite was hilarious.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
The music in this special was awesome, but what pulled me in the most was how Chimchar and Piplup had such great chemistry right from the start.

Zamin

It was nice to see another PMD special, although it was strange hearing all the Pokemon speak. I saw the first special and didn't find it as strange then so I'm not sure why I did this time, maybe because some of the the voices were strange for some Pokemon.

Wigglytuff definitely sounded too female, especially as they referred to him as he and in the games I'm sure it's a guy also.

Anyway, as the episode progressed I got more used to the voices.