• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Nickname Discussion Thread

Who likes/doesn't like this thread???

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • Doesn't like

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Man X

Cυrsιvε Rσcκs-DαMαπΧ
Reshiram. Reshiroo
Zekrom. Zexxl
Darkrai. Dark Ride
Samurrot. Warrior
Mew. Moo
Mewtwo. Darth Vader

Chewiana Jones

Dunsparciologist
Recently, in search of an adamant-natured Elgyem with synchronize, I caught and hatched a total of twenty-nine of the little aliens, one of which was shiny, and nicknamed all of them. Actually, I had a bit over twenty-nine, but I released a couple so that they could all fit in one box and still leave room for a hitch-hiking Clefairy. I also want to evolve the two "commanders," Andromeda and Orion. And now, without further adieu, I present... Starship Elgyem!

Andromeda: Commander of the ship, and completely awesome due to being a shiny Pokemon. Wife of Orion and mother of Zeta. Her "hasty" nature may or may not have been partially responsible for the starship's crash-landing on Earth. I plan to evolve her into a Beheeyem.

Orion: The more level-headed second-in-command of the ship. Husband of Andromeda, and father of Zeta. I also plan to evolve him into a Beheeyem.

Zeta: Slightly bratty teenage daughter of Andromeda and Orion, and the second-oldest of the youngest Elgyem generation (behind Zorx). Not bad with a laser gun, despite her faults.

Mars: Head of security aboard the ship, and a veteran of some intergalactic war or another. Husband of Venus and father of Mercury and Pluto.

Venus: Despite being somewhat overshadowed by her husband, she is actually the stronger of the two, level-wise, and a surprisingly capable thief. Wife of Mars and mother of Mercury and Saturn (Fun facts: Currently the highest-leveled Elgyem, is technically the mother of all of the level 1 Elgyem, knows Thief, which was used to steal an everstone from a Roggenrola)

Mercury and Pluto: Twin brothers and sons of Mars and Venus. Mercury, like most boys his age, likes spaceships and blowing stuff up, though Pluto is a bit more quiet and intelligent.

Archon: Oldest Elgyem on board besides Yoda and Yaddle, keeper of the ship's archives.

Rigley and Ligray: Twin brother and sister, fairly capable warriors, and pretty much the entirety of Mars' security force. Though they bear no relation to a pair of Elgyem siblings from a (quite excellent) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon comic on Deviantart, they are nonetheless named after them, and as such, I must credit said comic's creator, Amy-the-Jigglypuff, for the idea.

Centauri and Chozo: two thoroughly nondescript grunts, linked only by their bland nondescriptness and lack of relations to anybody. Chozo is Archon's assistant, so that's something, I guess.

Zaphod: While he lacks any special role aboard the ship, Zaphod's personality, rather reminiscent of that of his namesake from "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," more than makes up for this. Simultaneously loved and hated by virtually all of the other Elgyem, he certainly knows how to party.

Marvin: As the janitor of the ship, he is one of those among its population who is never happy to see Zaphod. He is chronically depressed ninety percent of the time, with the other ten percent spent madly concocting utterly fruitless plans of world domination.

Apollo and Artemis: The other set of adult twins abord the ship. While Rigley and Ligray are basically the entirety of Mars' security force, Apollo and Artemis excel as pilots. When the starship encountered something of interest along its mostly auto-piloted course, the loser of their latest game of rock-paper-scissors would take over at the controls, while the winner would fly out in a smaller ship to investigate.

Yoda and Yaddle: The oldest Elgyem on the ship, and grandparents and guardians of Hubble. Yoda is extremely absentminded and slightly senile, while Yaddle acts just like the stereotypical old granny... until it comes time to deal with hostile aliens.

Hubble: Grandson of Yoda and Yaddle, and youngest Elgyem on the ship, whose parents died in some intergalactic war or another. He is very intelligent and knowledgeable for his age, and often be found reading in the ship's archives room, or playing some sort weird space-chess thingy against Pluto.

Ackbar: Self-proclaimed "Grand Admiral of the Elgyem Fleet"... despite there being only one ship. Also has a g-IT'S A TRAP!!!

Squirp: Head (and only) chef aboard Starship Elgyem. Has the dubious honor both of being the only female Elgyem who is in no way related to anyone else, and being named after a male character.

Leo G. Marx: a scout disguised as a human and sent down to Earth to explore and get a sense of what the planet was like without arousing unnecessary attention. This all became rather pointless, however, when the whole ship crash-landed in a giant, fiery explosion, definitely NOT Andromeda's fault. He soon rejoined with his fellow Elgyem.

Kepler: Navigator of the ship and adoptive father of Prometheus. A fairly quiet and inconspicuous man-er... alien Pokemon thingy, overall.

Prometheus: Adoptive son of Kepler, whose parents died in the indefinite, rather plot-convenient war that I already sort-of mentioned a couple of times. He has a fondness for machinery, and often helps out Ford, the ship's replacement mechanic.

Zorx, Klax, and Jennifer: Three sisters, with Zorx as the oldest (as well as the oldest of the younger generation of Elgyem), and Jennifer as the youngest. They're just sort of... there, despite having no parents, adoptive or otherwise, and they have a bit of a tendency for maniacal laughter and evil plots, despite their young age.

Winter: Mostly keeps to herself, in the dark storerooms in the hull of the ship. Whether she is actually on board the ship or just the result of one too many slices of triple-cheese pizza before bed is a subject of much debate among the crew, as throughout the entirety of the long voyage, she has still only been seen by about a fifth of the ship's inhabitants. Among those who do believe in her existence some say she is some sort of spirit, while others argue that she is just a young Elgyem with a talent for hiding. Appears to be quite shy, though only she knows whether or not this is merely a front to disguise whatever true intentions she may have. (Fun fact: Finally, an Adamant Elgyem with synchronise! She is named after a villain from the Three Musketeers, because I plan to use her when soft-reseting for shiny muskadeers.)

Pierre: The only level 1 Elgyem who isn't part of the younger generation (story-wise, that is), he was found wandering in the desert resort near the crash site, speaking rapidly in an angry French accent and challenging random cacti, most of whom were not sentient (and the few Maractus among them promptly wiped the floor with him due to his pathetically low level), with a sword-like stick. No one knows how he even got to Earth in the first place, as he wasn't part of the Starship Elgyem crew, but they have since taken him in despite his volatile personality, sensitivity about his height (or lack thereof), and Frenchness.

Ford (planned capture): From his battered fedora, to his perma-stubble, to his well-worn towel, this Clefairy is obviously a practiced hitchhiker of many adventurous exploits, truly the epitome of utter manliness in spite of his tiny, pink body. He is also a surprisingly capable mechanic, something that Starship Elgyem was badly in need of after the first one had been driven to utter madness followed by spontaneous combustion after an encounter with the cosmic horror that is Missingno. Recently, he has been teaching Promethius some of his tricks.

Snivy (F) > Snyra because I just came up with it while saying Snivy multiple of times before.
Druddigon (M)> Gon because...I don't know..xD
Haxorus (M) > Justin b. Lol, I don't know why.
Hydreigon (M) > Trio because...3 heads.
Sunflora (F) > Flower. Kinda obvious..

ShinyZorua28

*Trumpets playing*
Samurott > Neptune (I can't remember why but it probably had to do with his beard)
Braviary > Valiant (Since it has a brave nature)
Volcarona > Helios or Mothra (female only) (Mothra for obvious reasons, Helios since it represents the sun god)
Druddigon > Reptar (Shiny version reminds me of Reptar from Rugrats)
Tyranitar(JAP) > Godzilla (Can't rename it since it was traded, but if I could it would be this)

HELLvJUMPER

my pokemons nicknames are:

.leafy - snivy (not going to let evolve)
.piggy - muna (not going to let evolve)
.punchy - sawk (playing white, so was extremeley hard to find)
.stoney - roggenrolla
.thrashy - darmanitain
.ducky - swana

HELLvJUMPER

also, every other pokemon i have caught have been given nicknames following the same pattern
eg. zeky - zekrom, geary - klink, woofy- lilipup

Chrysalis

Aspiring Author
I only nickname my Pokemon if I know I'm not going to trade them, I nickname them after their type, appearance or I just give them latin names.

Staraptor = Aquilla
Zoroark = Mortem
Flareon = Lux

Honah

breedin' n grindin'
Randi: Ponyta. It hatched unexpectedly so I consider it my first sorta random-encounter shiny. Randi for Random Encounter. Not Randy because that's a boy's name, and Randi is a girl.
Newt: Pikachu from Pokemon Yellow. I had a finch that looked like it was scowling because of the crest on its head and named it Newt because Newt Gingrich was Speaker of the House at the time. I used the name again on my Pikachu.
Newton: Victini, in honor of my Pikachu Newt.
Quackers: My Ducklett, I forgot why, but he was in my team when I beat the Elite Four which is why I used him to breed:
Cobra: Descendent of Quackers, who I bred to get better stats. I kept four offspring and named them after pen-manufacturers, because their feathers are used for quills. The two I have left are Pelikan and Visconte.
Irises: Haxorus from a Toys-R-Us egg. Iris's Axew hatched from mine, but I switched the word from possessive to plural.
Perill: My adamant huge power Azumarill. Her name says watch out!
Ball and Socket: An Azumarill and Manectric team that supports each other. It's many puns on electricity, Azumarill's shape, and stop motion animation.
Mocha: My Milotic because I was craving one.
Scatter: My Lucario because Flash Cannon has a cool animation I like.
Heidi: Hydreigon, because its Deino hairstyle made me think it should be Heidi.
Fusca: My Victreebel that I named after a Nepenthes fusca that I have so I wouldn't forget what it is.

Markasdarkas

Shiny Hunter!
I have only nicknamed 2 of my pokemon so far.

Snorlax=Fatboy
Porygon-z=Barry

Am working on a Shiny Gastly right now, am thinking about naming it Bogy from Final Fantasy XI.

frogofdoom555

(>:O) FFFFFFUUUUUU
My team will have these nicknames from different Mortal Kombat characters:

Samurott-Rain (Because of water)
Haxorus-Shao Kahn (Because of it's power)
Chandelure-N. Saibot (They are both undead, and Noob is my Favorite)
Braviary-SonyaBlade (It looks like a bald eagle and bald eagles are american, and Sonya's in the military)
Bisharp-Kitana (Because of the blades that are similar)
Leavanny-Jade (It's green like jade, and it's just as strong)

It's gonna be an epic team!

Cyada

I usually use names from books (eg. for my Ponyta breeding project I have Ophelia, Juliet, Oberon and so forth) or the ones that suits the Pokemon design (royal names for Serperiors). I love punny names too: I'm going to call my (future) Camerupt Wielkan, from polish words wielbłąd (a camel), wielki (huge) and wulkan (volcano).

Kninja22

<---Shine for me
I named my Reshiram Genki.
I named my Snivy Smugleaf

tyranitarenthusiast

emboar: blaze (his ability)
golurk: hugo (from a book called fable haven)
beeheyem: brains
sawk: blackbelt
ditto: kirby (he looks like kirby and takes others special skills like kirby)
haxorus: ax (his head is a double bladed axe pretty much)
there are a lot more but i forgot them

Nicknames never really seemed useful to me. The pokemon loses it's identity and only becomes familiar to the namer, which seems like too much of a sacrifice which is why I never use nicknames

andresballer03

Serperior: Emerald
Hydreigon: Shadow
Lucario: Kungfu
Galvantula: ???? need help on this one
Starmie: Jewel
Chandelure: Lantern

Samurott: Tsunami
Golurk:?
Scrafty: Trousers
Salamence: Drago
Leafeon: Meadow