• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Nicknames

I name mine randomly or based off something, for example here's my current Emerald team:

Sealeo/Ice
Gardevoir/Cosmo (Sonic X)
Latios/luster (Luster Purge)
Salmence/Dragon
Raichu/Sparkle
Grimer/Floop (a member off an old forum I used to go to and re-signed up and forgot about that forum xD)

chorusco

I Only Nickname Some Of My Pokemon But Rarely.
Charmander-Now A Charmeleon / Zippo
I Was Trying To Breed The Perfect Charmander Lol

pit-fall

Angels Amoonguss
Leafeon F = DancingLeaf
Swellow M = Starward
Huntail M = Big Mouth
Camerupt F = Tremor
Spiritomb M = Aghast
Purugly F = Shade

Torterra M = MorningWood
Gyarados M = Jaws
Staraptor F = Silver Line

janoth

Northra Writer
I name my pokemon the most completly RANDOM names.
Sceptile: Turms
Gardevoir: Yikes
Crobat: Book etc. etc. etc.................

BlazikenGurl

Pik-eeeooow!
I name my Pokemon random human names.

I have an Armaldo named Heidi.

Aren't i a weirdo X)

Hoppy

Contest Agent
I only nickname trained Pokemon as for my system just about anything goes.

;334; Natalie
;428; Rini (Sailor Moon)
;350; Megan

Regi-Z

Master of Nightmares
I only nicknamed my ev trained piokemon like Zabuza the poliwrath (Im a big fan of Naruto

xT0Mx

I don't nickname all of my pokemon. Just a certain few that I think could use a better name. I named my Torterra TERROR because I think it suites him. And I named my Murkrow (soon to be Honchkrow) ZORRO because.. well that ones obvious.

pikablue

ooh, pretty colors!
i named my Piplup Pwnguin:D i might name my cresscelia SAIYNHATR.(dbz fans will understand) My friend named his Tyranitar "I'm Green".

Black_Winged_Angel

Poringloater
Eww. Honchkrow. I don't evolve Murkrow if I can help it. I mean, Honchkrow's better and stuff, has better stats, but still, it's just... eww. Of course it does save you the trouble of using up a Dark Pulse TM. Honchkrow's speed is considerably lower, though.

Back on topic. Lets see, Farfetch'd name Claw, Geodude named Brick (XD), Noctowl named Coo (KDL3), and a Zigzagoon named Ziggy (don't ask, I actually don't use these Pokemon anyway.)

Azelf of Cruxis

| Ancient Chaos |
I name almost every single of my Pokemon. Even my EV trained WiFi team is named.

I have a Salamence named Lyndis (FE7), Garchomp named Hector (FE7), Azelf named Soren (FE9), Togekiss named Krad, Porygon-Z named Twilight (.hack), a Flareon named Zelos (ToS).. the list goes on. And on. And on.

sauzaa

Manaphy FTW~!
is it possible to nickname a Manaphy? because i cant nickname my Mew since it came from an event trade

Azelf of Cruxis

| Ancient Chaos |
Yes, it is possible to name Manaphy. Mine's named Aura. =O

sauzaa

Manaphy FTW~!
haha nice. do you have to name it before you trade it, or doesnt matter?

Azelf of Cruxis

| Ancient Chaos |
Only the original trainer (OT) of a Pokemon can nickname them. Or the person that hatched it, caught it, etc...

ButcherDSNZ

Ya mums a mum
Feraligatr: Lockjaw
Metagross: Titanium-X
Milotic: Leviathan
Gengar: Hydroxide
Torterra: Skelatera
Best of the best on this thread

Azelf of Cruxis

| Ancient Chaos |
I still think an Arceus named Yggdrasill is the best. Fweeee.