1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Demo Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Serebii, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
  2. Oshakpop

Oshakpop Eeveelution Master

Got the demo at like 11:30PM last night (12 hours ago now) and it was good, but it got boring fast (but it is just a demo so I wasn't expecting a huge story and plot)

Like I said before, I hope the people who get Glalie can get Steelix later on. Is that possible? Like in a week we go with Steven and we catch a Steelix?

3. Nithraw

Nithraw New Member

I can confirm with two different codes on 2 different 3ds where both is set in Europe that setting Japanese in the Special Demo language selection will NOT change the outcome of wether you get Glalie or Steelix!
    You will get Glalie anyhow if the 3ds is set in Europe. The 3ds will have to be from Japan or atleast set to be from Japan to get the Steelix.

There will hopefully be a choise between the stones, or in best case scenario for those who didn't played the demo: A opportunity to get both in one version.
    Given how megastones were distributed in X and Y. They could also set one specific stone for each version. Which would result in players with the demo, needing to get the correct version.

I think the first one is more likely.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  4. bobandbill

bobandbill Winning Smile Staff Member Super Mod

The writing is pretty good in the demo. Certainly entertaining at least. The admins (and grunts!) get decent characterisation (although everyone sure seems smitten by Steven). I quite like the Magma/Aqua battle theme as well.

Downside - seems we're back to holding the B button to running around again. -_-

There is no indication that you will get both megas - imo it's much more likely you'll just get the one. But as the above said, we may be able to get the other stone another way, and there's always trades as well.

5. alakazam^

alakazam^ Well-Known Member

A question for those that are playing the demo: what about the starters? Do we have to choose one of three? Are they in their basic stage? Evolved? Do we get their Mega Stones?

Also, do you think we can get two starters? (One from the demo and one from the game proper)

6. Photonkrios95

Photonkrios95 Well-Known Member

The Demo starts with us choosing the middle eve at lv 35 nearing lv 36. It evolves during the first mission, and Steven places the MStone and teaches its Elemental Hyper Beam, you get no choice in this what so ever.

After the first 'Story', where you catch Glalie/Steelix, you will receive the other 2 starters fully evolved holding their MStone and with their Elemental Hyper Beam.

These Pokemon cannot be transferred to the main game.

The things that are;

-Glalie.Steelix (w. MStone)
    -10 Pokeballs
    -10 Heal Balls
    - 5 Heart Scales.

7. Bamboosle

Bamboosle Well-Known Member

I played the demo and you get to choose between Grovyle, Combusken and Marshtomp. Eventually you get the mega stone and you can mega evolve the starter you chose. The demo is different every time you play it and at the beginning of the second time you get the other starters, fully evolved, from Steven with their mega stones.

Only it seems you can't transfer the starters only Glalie/Steelix and the items you get by playing the demo.

Greninja'd xD

8. DasManiac

DasManiac Well-Known Member

With Steelix being available can anyone confirm whether it's been added to the dex. You can view Glalie's number so Steelix may have one too .

9. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

It has ??? as its number.
    So, no. It's not part of the Hoenn Dex.

Anyway, all these free Heart Scales lead me to think that Move Tutors are in.

10. sheld999

sheld999 Well-Known Member

got demo yesterday ( 15th ) picked grov caught glalie without attacking it just caught it straight away didn't got out of pokeball..... got the 2 other starters and then played heaps 40times now... talked to people seen on beach 1 guy said he will swim back to kalos... 2nd time i checked beach 3 team magma grunts were there

11. NotChip

NotChip ®™

Could someone elaborate on this please:

What needs to be done to get that e-mail from the official UK store? Is it based on a news letter subscription, do you have to pre-order the Ruby / Sapphire remakes, or do you need to purchase something from there?

12. DasManiac

DasManiac Well-Known Member

Darn. I guess a Dex expansion isn't likely then .

13. sheld999

funny how stevens house has a force shield
    around it so you cant go near the door

14. Photonkrios95

Kecleon...

15. Bamboosle

Bamboosle Well-Known Member

I think it's a Kecleon :p

and Greninja'd second time...same person XD

16. sheld999

prob why the guy said is this some pokemon trick

17. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

It's the invisible Kecleon.

Edit: Greninja'd
    It's basically just a reference to the Devon Scope event, wherein you need to talk to Steven at Route 120 to get the said Key Item which reveals invisible Kecleons in order to challenge the Fortree Gym.

18. sheld999

dont you mean it can be transferred to the real games

19. Photonkrios95

Yes. The 3 Starters + Stone cannot be transferred to ORAS upon there release. The other items listed can.

20. sheld999

well serebii stated we can transfer the mega stone etc via link

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.