• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Demo Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
I got my demo yesterday and the game looks stunning! I'm extra happy as I live in Ireland and we weren't even supposed to be getting the demo but I sent an email and pleaded my case and got a code even after I was initially refused one :)

I've already cleared it ten times to get the rewards - now what is this I hear about a secret mission could somebody fill me in?

dragon1

Yeah, it's a mission that gets unlocked randomly one time that you go on an adventure, andn you basically battle team magma/ aqua again.

sheld999

run into the capture flag secret bass guy again... then 2 gym leaders broley and some girl one forgotten her name

Ice Lock

Hello!
Speaking of which, do we know how early in OR/AS we'll be able to transfer over the demo's Glalie and items?

If you try to send the rewards via the pokemon link, it will inform you that you need a copy of ORAS, a save file and to at least have the pokedex. Once you meet all these requirements, just go on the demo, transfer the rewards and then load ORAS and select pokemon link to collect the rewards, load game and find a pokemon center (assuming it works like XY's bank celebii) to collect everything.

So, pretty early in the game we'll get these nice little extras. Our megas will be an issue though since it will disobey us until we get the gym badge for it.

Last edited:

GX Prodigy

GX the Prodigy
I've gone through the demo about seven times now, I believe? Overall, it's nothing too special, but being able to experience the updated graphics in some way other than a screenshot is very enjoyable. Most notably, I think that the new evolution animation is very aesthetically pleasing. Sneaking mechanics are interesting, and I'm eager to see how much I'll actually utilize it during gameplay.

But made it different from X and Y :D there has to be something other than the graphics.

sheld999

playing 9 days now had team magma and aqua on beach =) and also tried checking if there anything hidden on the ground... looked out to sea and saw small islands near a cave

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm having a problem with this. I signed up for the newsletter (twice actually, I forgot I had already made an account) and I just got both of my newsletters, and there wasn't even a mention of a code in the newsletter. I've been waiting nearly a week for this, and I was wondering if anyone knew why this is. If it helps, I'm in the UK and I made sure I was signed up for the newsletter on the 17th of October, I think. And sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but there's 34 pages and I'm too annoyed to go scrolling through them all.

That happened to me too, and im from Portugal...

Guys the newsletter code is only for America...the distribution method for the UK and Portugal was completely different. Go to the demo page on the serebii site to find out how you were supposed to get the code for your countries.

Peridomic

Trainor/Performer
I have no idea if someone asked this yet or if its been confirmed, but in the demo it lets you have multiple mega evolving pokemon. Is this going to be a game fuction or is this just a Demo thing? I wanna start planning my team but I can't yet :(

sheld999

I have no idea if someone asked this yet or if its been confirmed, but in the demo it lets you have multiple mega evolving pokemon. Is this going to be a game fuction or is this just a Demo thing? I wanna start planning my team but I can't yet :(

only one mega per battle but you can have more than 1 in your team that can mega evo yet its ony one per battle

-Raiga-

Well, I think it safe to say competitive play will not allow it at the very least.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Did the demo allow you to actually mega evolve more than one Pokemon per battle? I don't recall that being the case. If so, I imagine it's demo only anyway, but I thought I recalled the limit of one mega evolution per battle being mentioned?

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Did the demo allow you toactually mega evolve more than one Pokemon per battle? I don't recall that being the case. If so, I imagine it's demo only anyway, but I thought I recalled the limit of one mega evolution per battle being mentioned?

I believe it was mentioned actually, and that restriction is certainly still in place.

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
I finally received the newsletter but instead of a demo code I got a code for TCG online. Anyone have the same?

Alpacawhisperer

Pokemon master
So I signed for the newsletter (and I do live in the US) but I still haven't received the email, and I have been checking my junk folder. Is there anything I can do, I'm dying not playing it. Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited:

Peridomic

Trainor/Performer
So I signed for the newsletter (and I do live in the US) but I still haven't received the email, and I have been checking my junk folder. Is there anything I can do, I'm dying not playing it. Has this happened to anyone else?

The newsletters are being sent out in waves. It was supposed to be sent out within a span of two days cause they've been having some difficulties.
I guess you should wait for the next wave of newsletters of look for some giveaways happening all over the internet.

Penguinist Trainer

Here's a curious question that actually bothered me. So I just got the demo and the first mission everyone is adamant that Teams Aqua/Magma not be allowed to catch Pokemon. No one is talking about stealing Pokemon or abusing Pokemon. Simply the act of them catching Pokemon seems to be a crime. That bothered me considering that's exactly what Pokemon Trainers do. But what bothered me even more was that after stopping all these people from catching a wild Pokemon, Steven just casual throws me a Pokeball and says Why don't you try catching it.

I get that the Teams are supposed to be "evil" but am I the only one who felt there was a huge double standard going on in the game. I honestly felt like a hypocrite for my in-game actions. I honestly lost a lot of respect for Steven just playing the demo. Anyone else notice this or experience anything similar?

Archsage

Shiny Hunting!
Here's a curious question that actually bothered me. So I just got the demo and the first mission everyone is adamant that Teams Aqua/Magma not be allowed to catch Pokemon. No one is talking about stealing Pokemon or abusing Pokemon. Simply the act of them catching Pokemon seems to be a crime. That bothered me considering that's exactly what Pokemon Trainers do. But what bothered me even more was that after stopping all these people from catching a wild Pokemon, Steven just casual throws me a Pokeball and says Why don't you try catching it.

I get that the Teams are supposed to be "evil" but am I the only one who felt there was a huge double standard going on in the game. I honestly felt like a hypocrite for my in-game actions. I honestly lost a lot of respect for Steven just playing the demo. Anyone else notice this or experience anything similar?
Maybe you think that way, but personally I saw it as more that Steven at the very least is aware that Team Aqua/Magma don't have the best intentions in mind, and so wants to stop them from catching a Pokémon when it's likely they'll use its power for something bad and instead let you, a young and supposedly pure-hearted trainer, try to catch it instead. Especially if you consider that in other games, it's been mentioned that Pokémon are only evil when used for evil purposes. He does mention that you seem to be quickly bonding with your Pokémon, so that also might have influenced his decision to let you try to capture it.

Or if you want a less-fun, real life reason, it's a simple demo and they didn't want to make a convoluted plot for it when they could spend that time on the real game. (Not that Pokémon is known for overly complicated plots anyway.)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really miss the X/Y roller skates; moving around without them in this demo is weird in my opinion. Anyway, I'm probably gonna hate the Abandoned Ship music when I actually play OR/AS. I kinda wish the demo islands had more BGM variety is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.