• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Demo Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
The secret mission doesn't even sound all that interesting tbh.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I agree. Although I really wanted to get the secret mission, we don't earn anything from it, so it's not a big deal if I miss out on it.

baconrules

Ostrich master
Is the secret mission the thing you get for playing everyday or are we not sure as to what it is referring to

JEW UNIT

How do you "soft reset" the game? Do you have to press the "Home" button, then close the demo and restart it or do you just select the option "Quit playing" and re-click on the demo start screen?

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
How do you "soft reset" the game? Do you have to press the "Home" button, then close the demo and restart it or do you just select the option "Quit playing" and re-click on the demo start screen?

R+L+Select or Start.

P.S. your name.. ._.

Cerex

My gut feeling is that there is more to the secret mission. Like maybe it doesn't offer anything in the demo, but perhaps it triggers something else in game, such as the other demo exclusive Mega. There just doesn't seem to be much reason to include a pointless secret mission that doesn't hold any secret or substance, plus the dialog during the missions hints that Magma/Aqua are searching for other Mega Pokemon. With Soar perhaps you can visit the island again and find the opposite Mega Stone where you found your region demo one. I dunno, I'm just speculating on the assumption that it's really odd to put in a random trigger event that doesn't serve any greater purpose, and isn't even much of an Easter Egg at that.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I haven't gotten a code, but I would like to get one. I'm a little confused about how to go about it, though. I went into my Settings on my 3DS and made sure my email address is correct, and I turned on the "Special Promotions" option. Is that all I have to do to get a code on October 31? Does everyone with a Nintendo Network ID get one, or is it random?

Kumiho

Blasian
My gut feeling is that there is more to the secret mission. Like maybe it doesn't offer anything in the demo, but perhaps it triggers something else in game, such as the other demo exclusive Mega. There just doesn't seem to be much reason to include a pointless secret mission that doesn't hold any secret or substance, plus the dialog during the missions hints that Magma/Aqua are searching for other Mega Pokemon. With Soar perhaps you can visit the island again and find the opposite Mega Stone where you found your region demo one. I dunno, I'm just speculating on the assumption that it's really odd to put in a random trigger event that doesn't serve any greater purpose, and isn't even much of an Easter Egg at that.

Nah, I think this is all we get. Why would they hide something? If it was known, more people would play the demo to get the incentive. I see your reasoning, but I don't think there's anything hidden.

Cerex

Nah, I think this is all we get. Why would they hide something? If it was known, more people would play the demo to get the incentive. I see your reasoning, but I don't think there's anything hidden.
It's all speculation so I can't really defend something I have pretty much nothing to base the idea on beyond intuition. Still, though, I think people will play the demo regardless because you get access to a special Mega, and if triggering the secret mission unlocks the other stone it extends the life of the demo. Plus, it's not as if you can't still continue to play the demo when ORAS is out to trigger the event.

Perhaps I'm just reading the tea leaf to see something I want, because the much more scary alternative to me is that the demo Megas are genuinely region exclusive and for someone to outside of Japan will either mean waiting for a non-Japan event, hopefully Internet mystery gift, or the much more difficult task of finding someone with the other stone willing to trade.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I doubt it's as rare as a shiny though.

Considering the amount of SRs people have done just to get the secret mission, I think it is indeed as rare as a shiny.

Maybe the hackers who dumped the demo should try to SR the mission with Shiny Charm in the bag, and see if the chance goes up xD

When resetting for the special mission, do you need to speak to Steven or does he tell you when you load the demo?

You need to speak to Steven, selecting the usual option.

It's only after you finished the secret mission once that the "go somewhere secret" option shows up, allowing you to repeat the secret mission again.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
You need to speak to Steven, selecting the usual option.

It's only after you finished the secret mission once that the "go somewhere secret" option shows up, allowing you to repeat the secret mission again.

Glad that's what I've been doing. Thanks a lot :)

I really wish I had the patience to SR for it like other people do. I gave up after an hour yesterday. I'll try again later but I don't hold out much hope as my luck is usually abysmal.

Vipsoccermaster

So playing everyday since I downloaded it gives you access to the special mission (which is the "something special" will happen?) and still haven't gotten the secret mission. I've played it at least once per day, that's for sure, and already got through more than 10 times, too. I guess missing out a day will crush the chances of getting the secret mission entirely.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I stopped caring about the secret mission pretty fast, tried to get it the first 3 days, saw it online and it didnt have anything special so I just ignored it.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I stopped caring about the secret mission pretty fast, tried to get it the first 3 days, saw it online and it didnt have anything special so I just ignored it.

Same here. I only did 10 playthroughs for the items, then ignored it afterwards.

Aetius

It seems like almost everyone gave up on the secret mission. LOL
Same here, got what was obtainable and stopped caring about the demo, even though I must say that it made me want to play the full versions even more. :D

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Managed to get the secret mission today. I beat Theodore and reset about 15 times today(about 150 total) and I got it. While it doesn't give anything, it was good for the experience at least.

dragon1

I really hope you're right because I really want a steelix. It's epic, I mean, just look at that defense O.O, and the Special defense is actually passable. o_O.

R_N

So I'm in a search for a pokemon (Shroomish) mision and I feel like I'm missing something
Last time I did this with a Poochyena, I just needed to sneak up on a pokemon and out popped a poochyena, but I've run into like 5 and none worked.
Steven says to look at the empty spots on the island (it's the one with the big tree) but i've inspected them, been in all of them, etc

So I'm in a search for a pokemon (Shroomish) mision and I feel like I'm missing something
Last time I did this with a Poochyena, I just needed to sneak up on a pokemon and out popped a poochyena, but I've run into like 5 and none worked.
Steven says to look at the empty spots on the island (it's the one with the big tree) but i've inspected them, been in all of them, etc

It's hiding in a regular grass patch and will pop out when you enter that patch. The shaking patches has nothing to do with the Shroomish of the mission really. Your walking pace is also irrelevant to the encounter. You can't locate it beforehand as far as I know and the best way is just to walk through all the grass until you find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.