• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Demo Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

It's hiding in a regular grass patch and will pop out when you enter that patch. The shaking patches has nothing to do with the Shroomish of the mission really. Your walking pace is also irrelevant to the encounter. You can't locate it beforehand as far as I know and the best way is just to walk through all the grass until you find it.

Huh, so it is
I guess it was just coincidence last time that I walked up to a poochyena while a pokemon was rustling

TheMaster327

Huh, so it is
I guess it was just coincidence last time that I walked up to a poochyena while a pokemon was rustling

The find a Pokémon missions are easy. The Pokémon you are after is always two steps left or right of an empty spot.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So I read online that the secret mission is based on the random number generator and that there a little chance of getting it every time you play. Basically it's all about luck and patience.

thatdude53

Something I have been thinking about is that as far as I can tell rayquazza's mega stone isn't included in these demo hacks. Either the demo is obviously from an earlier build of the games not finalized, or rayquazza doesn't have/need a mega stone to reach mega evolution. Seems pretty interesting to me.

Something I have been thinking about is that as far as I can tell rayquazza's mega stone isn't included in these demo hacks. Either the demo is obviously from an earlier build of the games not finalized, or rayquazza doesn't have/need a mega stone to reach mega evolution. Seems pretty interesting to me.

The latter is the more likely.
Rayquaza's Mega Evolution is always mentioned to be special compared to the others. The lore mentions that "all" it needed to Mega Evolve was prayer and nothing more.
So while we should be careful with mixing in-game lore and mechanics there is probably some truth here.
Mega Rayquaza also seems to have some mark on it in the coding. Indicating that you at least have to do something within the game before you can Mega Evolve it. I'm guessing something story related.

thatdude53

The latter is the more likely.
Rayquaza's Mega Evolution is always mentioned to be special compared to the others. The lore mentions that "all" it needed to Mega Evolve was prayer and nothing more.
So while we should be careful with mixing in-game lore and mechanics there is probably some truth here.
Mega Rayquaza also seems to have some mark on it in the coding. Indicating that you at least have to do something within the game before you can Mega Evolve it. I'm guessing something story related.

I think it's interesting not only because of rayquazza's uniqueness story wise and maybe game mechanic wise as well, but also if rayquazza still needs a stone to evolve then that may mean there are more megas to be discovered. Maybe the Hoenn natives pray for a change and their prayers create the mega stone. That's very compelling because then the "bond" that rayquazza has is for all of the people of the region not just one in particular.

sheld999

been playing demo for 15 days now still trying to get the mission unlocked

Ashrose

Wandering Trainer
Although I excitedly received the demo code on the morning of October 21st, I've only played through it once. I enjoyed it thoroughly, but find it a bit limited and bland. Honestly, the extra mission has awoken my curiosity, so I may run through it a little more.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Based on player observations, the secret mission is RANDOM.
Some players keep soft-resetting until they get it. Some get it after 15 SRs, while other take more than that.

So it is not entirely dependent on the number of plays or number of days.

mikie23

10644807_758399567564945_9153180396235603198_n.jpg
Hey guys, there are some people receiving emails from Nintendo that has Demo code. It says it has some exclusive scenarios thing.
I'm curious about this exclusive scenario. Anyone got this email too?

mikie23

The quest from the demo are the exclusive scenarios becuase this doesn't happen in the actual game, its demo only.
I see thanks, I thought it will be different on the previous one because it's from different distribution.

sheld999

ok trying to SR the demo to get secret mission after 15 days of playing hopefully i will get it from SR

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
If there is anyone from North America still missing a code you can PM me. I just got another 1 from Nintendo. I haven't got that special mission let but honestly it doesn't really seem all that special so its not that big of a deal for me.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
And for The Netherlands and probably all of Europe I still have a code as well. VM me if you want it. I'll PM you back.

Also, this Theodore battle can't be skipped by SR'ing? Or am I just to unlucky? So annoying long battle that always ends up the same...

Last edited:

sheld999

gold nugget

ok you can get gold nuggets in the demo you go to a diff island thats bigger than the rest you find a guy who then gives you a golden nugget and says he will give you more i got this by doing the normal take me somwhere misson10434028_10152377407562051_7993711271834453661_n.jpg

Last edited:
I got the demo code yesterday and when I went to download it this morning I got an error message. So I tried again and it said that the code has already been used. I looked on my 3ds but I don't see the demo and now I can't use my code anymore T_T.....what should I do??

Last edited:

ArtsyTrainer

I got the demo code yesterday and when I went to download it this morning I got an error message. So I tried again and it said that the code has already been used. I looked on my 3ds but I don't see the demo and now I can't use my code anymore T_T.....what should I do??

I think someone else on here had the same problem. They e-mailed Nintendo about it and I think they fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.