• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Demo Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
So apparently the Nugget Mission IS indeed time based, which is why its started appearing! Also, probably is why Steven's house has opened up for people.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
This is so weird. I haven't been playing the Demo for like a week, I just started a mission and guess what? It was the Nugget Man mission!

From my observation, it happens randomly even if you play the game everyday or not. But, I can confirm that you don't have to complete the second encounter mission with Aqua and Magma in order to meet with Nugget Man. Now, I have an access to Steven's house and such. I did like it.

Fayh

By the way, the secret missions DON'T require you to play every day. (Well, not the nugget one at least)

I just turned on the demo for the first time in a week and got the nugget mission straight away. (Have not had the Aqua/Magma secret mission yet)

Edit: NINJA'D XD

Bamboosle

Yup i also got the nugget guy today

I love it that Steven got rocks and stones from kanto, johto, hoenn, sinnoh and unova!
The nostalgia :3

Last edited by a moderator:

R_N

so perhaps there are still thing are hackers haven't uncovered everything? since they did not know about these secret missions.

They did, I think
Dialog was in there and people found the nugget stuff earlier and just didn't know how to access it

and then turned out "oh its just random"

e: They also found an instance where the kecleon goes away though it doesn't seem like anything really comes of it

So after not touching the demo since the second day after its release I tried it again today. The first mission I got was the Nugget mission, so I guess it is time-based after all.
I liked that Steven's house opened up without having done the "Somewhere special" mission, as I haven't done that yet. Probably won't ever do it either as they chance for unlocking it is so small.

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I got the Nugget mission just now as well. Just booted up the demo and it was the first mission I got. Still trying for the first secret mission. I can also get into Steven's house.

R_N

I sadly didn't get the mission or unlock steven's house. But it's also only hte 9th time I played

cryuel

So after not touching the demo since the second day after its release I tried it again today. The first mission I got was the Nugget mission, so I guess it is time-based after all.
I liked that Steven's house opened up without having done the "Somewhere special" mission, as I haven't done that yet. Probably won't ever do it either as they chance for unlocking it is so small.

I got the Nugget mission just now as well. Just booted up the demo and it was the first mission I got. Still trying for the first secret mission. I can also get into Steven's house.

Hm, how many days has it been since you first played and then got the secret mission? Also, does Steven's door open on its own or do you have to do the secret mission first?

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Hm, how many days has it been since you first played and then got the secret mission? Also, does Steven's door open on its own or do you have to do the secret mission first?

I've played everyday since I got the demo on the 15th. I also managed to get into Steven's house before I played the Nugget mission (I did get it straight after I left Steven's house and spoke to him though, maybe it's a coincidence?). Still no joy with the Magma/Aqua special mission however.

Does Steven say something when the nugget man is going to show up before you go into the "fly on a Latios with a dude" sequence?
He didn't say anything special initially as far as I remember. He does however say something about a strange man once you have clicked the "Let's have an adventure!" option before you fly away. I think this was the quote: "There’s a rumor that a strange man has been appearing often on a nearby island. These tales give me a bad feeling, so I’d appreciate your company."
I got the demo the 15th and played the 10 first missions or so. Played about 10 more missons the 16th and didn't unlock anything new. Didn't play the demo again until today. So I had a break of 14 days, and I have had the demo on my system for 16 days.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
He didn't say anything special initially as far as I remember. He does however say something about a stange man once you have clicked "Go on an adventure" option before you fly away. I think this was the quote: "There’s a rumor that a strange man has been appearing often on a nearby island. These tales give me a bad feeling, so I’d appreciate your company."

That's enough info for me, then. That'll help.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I have been playing the demo almost every day and still no luck... what's going on? Is it really time-based after all? Cause I think it's not, I haven't got either secret mission yet.

Edit: I just got the guy who talks about trying to find the Scanner in Sea Mauville for the first time lol.

Last edited:

eiger

Shiny Hunter
These secret missions sound boring. Not inclined to touch the demo again, except if I get a mega steelix for it

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
These secret missions sound boring. Not inclined to touch the demo again, except if I get a mega steelix for it

This is quite an excruciatingly dull demo, the missions offer absolutely nothing exciting.

Aetius

Today, I played again the demo and after soft reseting for a bit, I finally got the first secret mission! :D
I'll try doing the same for the rest of the day, hoping to unlock the second one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.