• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Demo Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Hasn't Gamefreak learned from their mistakes? If this Hoopa form/mega is real why would they leave it in the demo?

I think it's not so much about mistakes, as it is probably pressure to rush the demo to the masses. Which makes me think that this was a last minute thing.

shadowF

can we restart the demo and play the game battling tem magma and aqua and getting the mega again?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Hasn't Gamefreak learned from their mistakes? If this Hoopa form/mega is real why would they leave it in the demo?

Because for some reaosn they have patching just to patch bugs, not to do smart stuff like hiding event legendaries and adding them later.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I think I am misunderstanding something. Does the demo reset after every playthrough? If that is the case, does the Mega just get stored for later transfer?

sheld999

I think I am misunderstanding something. Does the demo reset after every playthrough? If that is the case, does the Mega just get stored for later transfer?

the mega stays in your party for the other times you play the demo

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Dutch person here, is it okay to ask whether other Dutch had issues with the Nintendo Zone in the Game Mania stores? I couldn't get the Demo yesterday, because Nintendo apparently had a server down. I'm going to try again today, but I hope there's still codes left..

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Mismagius with Mystical Fire
Cacture/Maracactus with Spiky Shield
Accelgor with Water Shuriken

I know these are demos thus nothing is set in stone, but wow, those distributions of signature moves make me so happy. Water Shuriken for the ninja bug, Spiky Shield for the pricks and Mystical Fire for the Ghost witch.

PeterT999

did anyone else notice that Steven said he might let you have his pokemon (a metagross I think it was) at the beginning of the demo, or was I imagining it?

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Dutch person here, is it okay to ask whether other Dutch had issues with the Nintendo Zone in the Game Mania stores? I couldn't get the Demo yesterday, because Nintendo apparently had a server down. I'm going to try again today, but I hope there's still codes left..

Another Dutchie here, at first (9:30) it wldn't work for us either, but after about 15 minutes it got started and everyone was able to receive the code.

Idk if this is bcuz of Day 2 of playing or because demo cleared 10 times, but the man with het north in Mossdeep turned into a Shroomish. On a mission, there is an extra person. 1 looking for Cave of Origins, 1 is the contest superstar.

did anyone else notice that Steven said he might let you have his pokemon (a metagross I think it was) at the beginning of the demo, or was I imagining it?

He did indeed, referring to the Shiny Beldum event.

EDIT: Just found ca[t. Stern :3 he looks funny. nd Aroma Lady have very cool post-challenge, pre-battle design/

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
So when the games coding was hacked in the Demo, were there any signs of any Move Tutors being available in the game? I have some Pokemon on XY which need some 3rd Gen Move Tutor Only moves, so I was hoping that they would return!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
So when the games coding was hacked in the Demo, were there any signs of any Move Tutors being available in the game? I have some Pokemon on XY which need some 3rd Gen Move Tutor Only moves, so I was hoping that they would return!

there was a lengthy talk about move tutors in the Expectation & Desire thread, complete with the list of all the tutor moves - it's B2/W2 tutor moves with 3rd/4th Gen TMs added as tutor moves

She_Delphox

Hello everyone, I am just new here on the Forum :) Im Dutch as well, but currently studying in Denmark for 6 months, and I am really happy that I was able to sign up for one of the last demo-codes for ORAS last week! :D Nintendo sure ran out on these codes really fast... I received my demo-code this morning, can't wait to try it out! ;)

This got me wondering, will it be able to catch shiny Pokemon in the demo? What do you guys think? I also hope some more different wild Pokemon will be able to be obtained during the gameplay. It's a shame we can't transfer our other party Pokemon except the Mega (Glalie in my case)...

Thanks in advance!

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Hello everyone, I am just new here on the Forum :) Im Dutch as well, but currently studying in Denmark for 6 months, and I am really happy that I was able to sign up for one of the last demo-codes for ORAS last week! :D Nintendo sure ran out on these codes really fast... I received my demo-code this morning, can't wait to try it out! ;)

This got me wondering, will it be able to catch shiny Pokemon in the demo? What do you guys think? I also hope some more different wild Pokemon will be able to be obtained during the gameplay. It's a shame we can't transfer our other party Pokemon except the Mega (Glalie in my case)...

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Serebii, first off.

You're not allowed to catch any Pokemon on demo, but defeat them. The Pokeballs are only provided you to send them over the main game when they are actually released. So, even if you have a chance to encounter a shiny, which I believe you can't, you can't catch them in anyway.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
To top it off, the one time you do get PokeBalls, it's only to catch the mega (Glalie/Steelix), and you can't just leave the area with those Pokeballs. Once you catch said mega, you then finish the mission and lose those Pokeballs.

Eruantiel

What if Mega Hoopa was left in the demo as a "Decoy"? Maybe they added the fake Mega Hoopa to the data of the demo, so hackers will lose credibility when "discovering" it and revealing it.... :p

Doubt it though, but it sure would be an awesome move if they did this....

Status
Not open for further replies.