• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Demo Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photonkrios95

The Stone for Glalie or Steelix, which ever you receive, are the stones we receive. Not the Starter ones. The main page for the Demo makes no mention of the Starters begin transferable, only what I listed previously, which I'll do again;

-Glalie or Steelix (w/ Mega Stone)
-10 Poke Balls
-10 Heal Balls
-5 Heart Scales

These are all we get. Even in the Demo itself there is no mention of sending the starters and the option to review what has been collected makes no mention of them. We DO NOT get the Starter Pokemon from this Demo.

sheld999

The Stone for Glalie or Steelix, which ever you receive, are the stones we receive. Not the Starter ones. The main page for the Demo makes no mention of the Starters begin transferable, only what I listed previously, which I'll do again;

-Glalie or Steelix (w/ Mega Stone)
-10 Poke Balls
-10 Heal Balls
-5 Heart Scales

These are all we get. Even in the Demo itself there is no mention of sending the starters and the option to review what has been collected makes no mention of them. We DO NOT get the Starter Pokemon from this Demo.

ok it says you can transfer the obtained pokemon you get from oras demo to main game so they meaning just stelix/glalie

Ive just played the demo ten times so that I think I have seen evrything. There are two things that are intriguing: one is that a swimmer said that he was going to swim back to the kalos region from here (mossdeep). So this means that kalos should be pretty nearby hoenn. The second thing is what an old man is saying who is unlocked as last npc: "Sea Mauville is a Hoenn protected area". The first thing i suspected was that sea mauville is what was new mauville before, and that it is now a protected area, but it can also be that sea mauville is the name for one of the water routes. This can be it because they named routes in xy too.

Blazing Charmander

Could someone elaborate on this please:

What needs to be done to get that e-mail from the official UK store? Is it based on a news letter subscription, do you have to pre-order the Ruby / Sapphire remakes, or do you need to purchase something from there?

I'm subscribed to the Club Nintendo UK letter and also pre-ordered Omega Ruby about a month ago from the Nintendo UK Store, but so far I haven't received a code from them. Maybe either the high volume of pre-orders has delayed the process, or the games needed to be pre-ordered from today.

I was so anxious to play the demo that I placed an order for Alpha Sapphire with Amazon earlier, which led to me getting an e-mail with a code within seconds. Maybe it's not the most fair way of doing things, but I cancelled the Amazon pre-order afterwards as my Nintendo UK Store order still stands and I don't really want both versions just yet.

Last edited:

Doobius

i thought the advertisements all said you could transfer the starter to ORAS...? that's the impression i was under anyway.

Well, I live in Bulgaria, so I won't be probably won't be able to get the demo unless I go for a trip somewhere else in Europe. I really hope the Mega Evolutions from the demo aren't exclusive because that would just suck.

Other than that Mega Glalie looks SICK and I'm glad we'll finally be able to use Glalie in an actual battle (still probably won't be an OU or Ubers tier mega....you know...because he's Ice-type).
And Mega Steelix will probably have like 280 base defense (for sure higher than Shuckle and Mega Aggron).

Photonkrios95

They said we would find a never before seen mega which we could transfer over.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I wonder if the islands you visit during the demo will also be present in the full game? If so that is going to be a lot of new areas of fun to explore.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I downloaded the demo earlier. Enjoying it so far even though I've only done the first part. I was wondering, is it possible to play as May, or are we only given the option to play Brendan?

EDIT:

Every ORAS gameplay demo video I've seen, the main character is always Brendan. So yeah.

Oh well. Bit disappointing but it's not the end of the world.

Thanks a lot :)

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I downloaded the demo earlier. Enjoying it so far even though I've only done the first part. I was wondering, is it possible to play as May, or are we only given the option to play Brendan?

Every ORAS gameplay demo video I've seen, the main character is always Brendan. So yeah.

Ice Lock

Hello!
So, the demo has stated to check back every day for something special to happen. Does anyone have any idea what this is?

BeneathTheWaves

Team FroakieMander!
Soooo Im guessing this was just a UK release? no one in the US has gotten it yet? Ive been staring at my email for a good 4 hours..

So excited to play Mega Swampert early though! hes a precious baby

Photonkrios95

SilverCharizard

Soooo Im guessing this was just a UK release? no one in the US has gotten it yet? Ive been staring at my email for a good 4 hours..

So excited to play Mega Swampert early though! hes a precious baby

No, the US doesn't have it yet. We will get it next tue

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Why is it that Admin Tabitha is referred to as a Male, by the Team Aqua counterpart?

Tabitha is surely female, as i've never once heard of a male being called Tabitha...

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I managed to find out the code from Nintendo's german website! Due to overload of the server, it is no longer giving out the codes unfortunately. Might very well ran out of the code as well.

Back on the topic, as a person who softly uses the circle-pad, I'm /literally/ having a hard time to walk in-game. Each time I slide it upwards, the character walks in slow action. I hope I'll get used to it soon. Other than that, I'm quite enjoying so far. My third run in demo and quite enjoying so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.