• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Demo Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapphireMemories

Michief Maker.
Based on my Pokémon's stats in the demo the Mega Evolutions have roughly these base stats;

Mega Sceptile
HP: 70 --> 70 (+0)
ATK: 85 --> 105 (+20)
DEF: 65 --> 75 (+10)
SPA: 105 --> 140 (+35)
SPD: 85 --> 85 (+0)
SPE: 120 --> 145 (+25)

Mega Swampert
HP: 100 --> 100 (+0)
ATK: 110 --> 150 (+35)
DEF: 90 --> 105 (+15)
SPA: 85 --> 95 (+10)
SPD: 90 --> 105 (+15)
SPE: 60 --> 70 (+10)

Mega Glalie
HP: 80 --> 80 (+0)
ATK: 80 --> 115 (+35)
DEF: 80 --> 80 (+0)
SPA: 80 --> 115 (+35)
SPD: 80 --> 80 (+0)
SPE: 80 --> 100 (+20)

As I don't know my Pokémon's IVs I can't be entirely sure and am missing 10 points from each but its a good rough answer.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Flannery appearing on the demo! :)

Ml1pE7.jpg

Sharoto

I have a spare UK code if anyone can't get one them selves :)

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Does anybody have a list of the random encounters in the demo? I need it, as the demo version's random encounters will most likely won't get Mega Evolutions in OR/AS, as it has been the case in the X/Y demo.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I am watching Tryanitartube on Youtube. He has a Japanese Demo that he got a hold of somehow as a video on his site. I so hope this islands are in the full game. They look like awesome places to explore.

Photonkrios95

Does anybody have a list of the random encounters in the demo? I need it, as the demo version's random encounters will most likely won't get Mega Evolutions in OR/AS, as it has been the case in the X/Y demo.

- Meditate
- Chimecho
- Absol
- Nosepass
- Slakoth
- Pelipper
- Nincada
- Swellow? (Think I saw a wild one in a lifestream, dont recall fully though)
- Linoone

Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Like someone here stated above, are Glalilite and Steelixite demo-exclusive or will be available in the main games afterwards? For those who will not get the chance to get the demo...

Photonkrios95

Like someone here stated above, are Glalilite and Steelixite demo-exclusive or will be available in the main games afterwards? For those who will not get the chance to get the demo...

We wont know until the games are released and we get a chance to explore. However, if the Amazon description of the Guide Book is correct we'll have a full list of which ones are in the game (w/ locations). And as far as I'm aware its released at the same time as the games in Japan.

DR.gonzo

Demo downloading . come onnnnnnnnn

Got the demo this evening via the Nintendo microsite, thankfully I didn't have to go to my local GAME and look like an idiot with a 3DS connecting to Nintendo Zone :p

And just... wow. I've never tried out Gen VI until now. I skipped X and Y since I'm still waiting for Z, but the unrestricted movement in the overworld and Mega Evolution are simply amazing.

As for the demo, it's pretty good. I wasn't planning on getting OR or AS anyway either, but it's good to see Hoenn in 3D, and even better to be able to use my bro with his new Mega Evolution. They could've left the repetitive full-game preview at the end of each "adventure" to the final bit, wherever that is - probably the last day of the demo when that special thing happens after you play it every day. But nonetheless I'm gonna like Gen VI. I can't wait for Z now - I just wanna go to Kalos already.

One question: by "playing the demo every day" so something special happens, what do they mean by play? Does starting it up every day and closing it afterwards count? Or do you have to go on an "adventure" with Steven every day?

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
I'm just happy US finally can get a copy. its super exciting to find out you can try all three megas though if you already got Mega Blaziken the point is moot. Regardless the demo looks promising since you can get different scenarios

Amourshpping

I heard a rumor that for NA, you must have a pokemon trainer account with marketing emails on to receive the code. It will be sent the 20th. Anyone in Canada/US get there codes yet?

Photonkrios95

I heard a rumor that for NA, you must have a pokemon trainer account with marketing emails on to receive the code.

Information taken from the Official Pokemon Alpha Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire website, will usually be considered more than a rumour for most of the fans.

It will be sent the 20th. Anyone in Canada/US get there codes yet?

No, because it isn't the 21st yet.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I like randomly appearing NPC's, such as Flannery, Lisia, Aarune, Wattson and a person called Gibby who is interested in flying to space. Seems like his wish is to launch the rocket. Could that be a hint?

DasManiac

So South Africa has the demo but I can't find any information about what Pokemon they got? Any clue on which one it was? Glalie or Steelix?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
- Meditate
- Chimecho
- Absol
- Nosepass
- Slakoth
- Pelipper
- Nincada
- Swellow? (Think I saw a wild one in a lifestream, dont recall fully though)
- Linoone

Thanks! I'll be updating my post.

BeneathTheWaves

Team FroakieMander!
So i got around to watching some footage of the demos and ugh...the graphics are bothering me. The mountains look gross and the 2D little newscaster stresses me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.