• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Demo Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumiho

Blasian
I've only played through the demo once so far, but I already love it. Just seeing this makes me even more pumped up & excited for the games when they come out next month. Now I just have to decide on whether to use the Galilie I caught in the demo, or catch a Snorunt of my own and just give it the Glailitite

Just use the one you caught in the demo. I mean, it's already ready for you to use. No need to catch a Snorunt.

Kronus09

I got my demo from liking a page in facebook two days ago and I also received my newsletter demo code. I have an extra code for those who wants one.
The demo has some glitches like the pokemon cry that triggers sometimes if you battle an npc trainer.
I like the wild encounter much better in xy than in oras.

dragon1

That pokemon cry isn't a glitch. It's a new feature. The cry tells you that a shaking patch of grass has been activated, and the type of cry tells the type of pokemon. You have to tiptoe (by pushing lightly on the circle pad) to the shaking patch of grass to battle that pokemon.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I had the scientist and Shroomish at the same time,but i couldnt take the Shroomish so i could show it to the scientist and i couldnt make the scientist to go see the Shroomish either.

dragon1

Ikr, it's so annoying. I tried talking to them 10 or so times, but it doesn't work...

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Steven's lost count of how many times he's seen me. Haven't seen anything secret, got my HeartScale set. I'm done with it. lol

ChicaSkas

By the way, anyone got any creative names for their Glalie? I settled on Icer after ten seconds of thought, but I'm kind of regretting not calling it Icingdeath now. What did you guys call yours?

I got a girl Glalie and I named her Snow Storm :)

ChicaSkas

I have a plan, if steven ever looses sight of how many times he's seen me, I'm using a notepad to jot it down.

Also, explore the whole town before you go on any missions.

I've met:

On the beach:

- 3 swimmers on the beach, one mentions swimming back to Kalos
- 3 Team Aqua grunts on the beach, one mentions waiting for his boss to arrive but he hasn't shown up yet
- 3 people, two are photographers, one is Flannery, rehearsing lines for a TV spot

On the strip of land near what will become a Dock in front of the Lab:

- Mr Dock and Mr Stern ("Come talk to me the next time we meet!"
- A sailor above them musing about a herd of Wailord

Between the PokeCenter and PokeMart, in the town itself:

- A Rich Kid who likes to sleep with Pokemon
- A Cyclist who repeats the brand name of his bike 20 times

Up on the LookOut Point, to the left of the Lab (God's eye view left)

A big muscled white haired man (possibly a Gym Leader from another town) who declares:

"Do I know you? Ah, nevermind! I am looking forward to an electrifying battle with you someday!"

I'm on the eighth playthrough, and I have earned 10 pokeballs, 10 Heal Balls, and one Glalie :)

I'm convinced the more I play, the more some doors might unlock or more things might happen, so I've taken to scouring the whole Mossdeep before each mission.

Also, I;m really bummed that EXP earned when fighting doesn't transfer over at all, Glalie was leveled up to 42 by me and then the next game, was back to 40... :grrrr:

Oh well! Not giving up. Will play every day till I buy the real games from Game Stop.

--- Chica

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I had the scientist and Shroomish at the same time,but i couldnt take the Shroomish so i could show it to the scientist and i couldnt make the scientist to go see the Shroomish either.

Is it even possible to bring the Shroomish to the scientist? I tried that too and I'm inclined to believe it's not.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just use the one you caught in the demo. I mean, it's already ready for you to use. No need to catch a Snorunt.
Yeah, but I was kind of content on catching a Snorunt and raising it up into a Glailie, but I may still just use this one to make it easier.

...anyone got any creative names for their Glalie? I settled on Icer after ten seconds of thought, but I'm kind of regretting not calling it Icingdeath now. What did you guys call yours?
Hmm, if I did decide to nickname Glailie, I would've more than likely called it Frost Biter

dragon1

Wow, that's very thorough. There's also a scientist looking for shroomish between the pokemart and pokemon center. Right at the top, looking out to the sea up north, sometimes a fisherman appears, sometimes a bald guy that says Sea Mauville is a hoenn protected Area, and sometimes a Shroomish that goes Shroom? Having the scientist and shroomish at the same time doesn't unlock anything though.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I completed adventures 2 and 3 this morning. I'm kinda trying to take my time with the demo, although I'm also eager to meet a few more characters like the various Gym Leaders around Mossdeep City, so I'll try and complete more adventures later today.

ArtsyTrainer

I thought there was a scientist in the originals who talked about looking for a Shroomish. I can't remember where though. I though that was what the reference was to.
I loved the dialogue with Team Magma and Team Aqua and I'm excited that they have more personality. I also really like seeing the different NPCs around Mossdeep from the original games. They're not major characters, but they're ones you remember.

Last edited:

Sailor Saturn

Master of Silence
I got a girl Glalie and I named her Snow Storm :)

I got a girl as well and named her SnowBelle. I quite like her. I've played through about 7 times now. I'm trying not to use the starter megas too many times though. I don't want them to get boring before I can have my Mega Swampert in the full game.

ChicaSkas

I got a girl as well and named her SnowBelle. I quite like her. I've played through about 7 times now. I'm trying not to use the starter megas too many times though. I don't want them to get boring before I can have my Mega Swampert in the full game.

I'm really kinda bummed I can't take them with to the new Game ahahhaa! I love mega Swampert :) and I picked Grovyle as a starter... I see why all the Pokes are at lv. 35, only takes one level for them to evolve.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Up on the LookOut Point, to the left of the Lab (God's eye view left)

A big muscled white haired man (possibly a Gym Leader from another town) who declares:

"Do I know you? Ah, nevermind! I am looking forward to an electrifying battle with you someday!"
--- Chica

First time playing the hoenn games Chicaskas? Anyways your correct. That's wattson who is the Gym Leader of Mauville City.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Is it even possible to bring the Shroomish to the scientist? I tried that too and I'm inclined to believe it's not.

No. As far I can tell. Maybe that is a hint to something we will do in the full game.

Status
Not open for further replies.