• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Demo Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photonkrios95

Also do you get all three starters in the demo or did dream I read that?

Yes, you can use all 3 after the mission to capture Glalie. But they wont be transferred.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm in the U.S. and was signed up with the box checked long before the twentieth. Is there a reason why I haven't gotten the demo?

It may take a week or longer for some e-mail newsletter codes to be sent.

@BaconRules: You pick one starter, which is at Lv.35, then you go and catch Glalie. Your starter evolves along the way, and you get its mega stone from Steven, as well as Glalie's mega stone after you catch it. After the initial mission is done, your starter is taught its elemental hyper beam (which you can't refuse), and then you're given the other two fully evolved starters you didn't pick, holding their mega stones and knowing their elemental hyper beams, as well.

baconrules

Ostrich master
Thanks for all the responses. This is gonna be long week waiting for the demo :,(. Is mega swampert worth using because I want to use him in the real version, but not if he is poopy

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Question: is the mega stones for Glalie and Steelix demo only? Or can you get them in the main games? Cause the demo is just the demo of the proper games and not everyone like me can get the demo, so I wonder if its possible to get them. Sorry if this has been asked before but I need to know so i don't waste time tracking something that might only be in demo.

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
Question: is the mega stones for Glalie and Steelix demo only? Or can you get them in the main games? Cause the demo is just the demo of the proper games and not everyone like me can get the demo, so I wonder if its possible to get them. Sorry if this has been asked before but I need to know so i don't waste time tracking something that might only be in demo.

None of us are really sure, to be honest. They could be, but they could not be.

Torpoleon

I'm aware that you get Heart Scales for completing the demo up to 10 times, but do you get any items to transfer for the full game after that?

baconrules

Ostrich master
Is everybody that signed up correctly and on time getting the demo, or were they just giving it to some people that signed up. I want it really bad. I've been checking my email (junk and primary) all day for two days. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET A CODE.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Is everybody that signed up correctly and on time getting the demo, or were they just giving it to some people that signed up. I want it really bad. I've been checking my email (junk and primary) all day for two days. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET A CODE.

Pokemon.com already sent out their monthly newsletter (the Halloween one).
I got the newsletter but it didn't contain any Demo code.

But not all hope is lost. According to the main site, codes will be emailed the week of Oct. 31 to select Nintendo customers with Nintendo Network IDs who have signed up to receive promotional emails from Nintendo.

Other options are:
  • Codes will be distributed at select cinema locations nationwide from Nov. 7–Nov. 13 (while supplies last).
  • Check with your local retailer during the holidays to find out about special demo code giveaways (while supplies last).
  • Get a code with your purchase of the new Pokémon Art Academy game (out Oct. 24) when you buy from Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system.
  • You’ll also get a code with your purchase of one of two classic Pokémon games coming to the Virtual Console service on Nintendo eShop: the Pokémon Puzzle Challenge game (out Nov. 6) or the Pokémon Trading Card Game (out Nov. 13). You'll find your free demo code on your eShop receipt (download codes available while supplies last).
  • Codes will also be distributed during the holiday mall tour from Nov. 24-Dec. 21 at 16 different locations throughout the nation. Talk to a staff member to try out Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire or any of the featured Nintendo 3DS games to receive two codes—one for you, and one for a friend (while supplies last).

dragon1

I'm aware that you get Heart Scales for completing the demo up to 10 times, but do you get any items to transfer for the full game after that?

You might... There's the secret mission to complete, and then most likely another mission after that which gives you something... I hope. Ofc, the mission after the secret mission may just be wishful thinking XD.

Alpacawhisperer

Pokemon master
So me and my brother changed the emails on our accounts and then reactivated them on the 16, we live in the US but still have not received a code from the website. Someone was kind enough to give me an extra, but my brother still has no access to the demo.
If anybody has an extra code, my brother would really appreciate it (I would appreciate the kind deed too).

Also what is the point of talking to the gym leaders, flannery came twice to my demo. And do you battle the swimmers that come when you play the full version

Last edited:
Also what is the point of talking to the gym leaders, flannery came twice to my demo. And do you battle the swimmers that come when you play the full version
as others have mentioned, I think it's just a way of introducing people to these characters. the demo definitely seems to be aimed at younger players who are visiting Hoenn for the first time. totally random ones, like the Swimmer, we may/may not see again in the full game, but for ones like Captain Stern, Aarune, etc., new players can be like "OH! I remember you! So THIS is how you fit into the story!" when they play the full version.

sheld999

i wonder how to trigger that thing... been playing almost 11 days now if you count the 15th

Burningocean2012

Veteran Trainer
i wonder how to trigger that thing... been playing almost 11 days now if you count the 15th

Are you talking about the secret mission?Im only on my 3rd day and nothing special has happened yet.I thought they said something would happen if you played every day.Maybe the mission is random and the special thing isn't for a while.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
So basically, if you didn't get a code yet, you're not getting one, even if you are signed up? :(

C O C O

i still haven't received my code yet :<

does anyone have a spare code ?

ChicaSkas

First time playing the hoenn games Chicaskas? Anyways your correct. That's wattson who is the Gym Leader of Mauville City.
No, i played them back in 2007, a while after they first came out, on the GBA, but I can't recall the gym leaders' names anymore hahaa!

on my 16th play.

Talked to Giddy on the Lookout point.

Talked to someone who wants Shoal Salt to make out of this world ramen.

Finally saw the scientist/Shroom but can't do anything to make them meet...

Battled the Elder Timothy's brother, Theodore (Swampert, Sceptile, Blaziken, Hariyama)

Finally the game switched things up to make me look for Skitty instead of Shrooms....

On the Lookout point area, met a girl who said she's tired of being a Pokemon Ranger and wishes to do Pokemon Contests instead

Battled 3 or 4 Sailors with Carvanha in the mini game Steven sends you on.

Convinced I should be able to unlock the Secret Mission if I play every day before I buy the game, lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.