• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Demo Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've now played every day for 18 days including some days when I've soft reset up to 50 times and still haven't had either of the secret missions :(

Does soft resetting change what mission you get? I heard a rumour that it doesn't, and that the text is the same each time.

johnyboy169

Dragon Master
I played it pretty much daily, although I missed some days. So really, I could've only missed 2 days.

Okay thanks for the info, did you have to reset your game to trigger the mission?

wilmawong

Does soft resetting change what mission you get? I heard a rumour that it doesn't, and that the text is the same each time.

Yes it does, you might get the same one a few times in a row, but then it will change. Unless it's the battle challenge one with the 3 starters and hariyama - that won't change if you soft reset

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Yes it does, you might get the same one a few times in a row, but then it will change. Unless it's the battle challenge one with the 3 starters and hariyama - that won't change if you soft reset

Yeah that's the impression I also got.

Alpacawhisperer

Pokemon master
Ok so I was doing a mission and there was a colorful orb flaring in some grass, like the other pokemon you sneak up on, so I started sneaking up on it. But I'm in the car and there a bump and then I ran at it and it disappeared. Does anyone know what it was

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
If you saw a greenish glowing orb with greenish glowing circle going upwards, I'll assume you were on the island that has Volbeat on it.

Not sure why Volbeat glows green, but eh, that's what it is.

So far, I've seen only that, and the Swellow/Pelipper/Tropius one (black flapping shadow)

Also, has anyone encountered the glitch where a trainer spins while you are approaching, and ends up detecting you while facing another way?

Hopefully GF fixed that in the final release :p

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
If you saw a greenish glowing orb with greenish glowing circle going upwards, I'll assume you were on the island that has Volbeat on it.

So far, I've seen only that, and the Swellow/Pelipper/Tropius one (black flapping shadow)

Also, has anyone encountered the glitch where a trainer spins while you are approaching, and ends up detecting you while facing another way?

I've never seen the glowing things, but the trainer glitch has happened to me multiple times. Although it's not very believable that you can walk one inch behind someone and they won't notice. Peripheral vision exists you know.

Okay thanks for the info, did you have to reset your game to trigger the mission?

Nope, I didn't do any soft resetting anyway. I just kept doing missions and then on the first one on that day I got the secret mission.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So I've done a bunch of missions now and have been SRing for days and still no luck on the first secret mission *sighs*....I don't think I've even been playing long enough to get the Nugget mission lol.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
So I've done a bunch of missions now and have been SRing for days and still no luck on the first secret mission *sighs*....I don't think I've even been playing long enough to get the Nugget mission lol.

I'm in pretty much the same situation. All these days later and still no secret mission for me either...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm going to risk it and change the clock back. Better to have the right time ready for the main game.

dragon1

I don't think it's a glitch, because the trainers take time to spin, so they ARE actually facing you at one point. I find it quite comical, it's like they're spinning around, and then notice you and are like "!" XD.

johnyboy169

Dragon Master
Nope, I didn't do any soft resetting anyway. I just kept doing missions and then on the first one on that day I got the secret mission.

I've just completed the nugget mission :), i came across it by going on it and talking to Steven and selecting "let's go on an adventure! " (first time talking to him). Thank for our help Casskingdra and i hope everyone else triggers it soon. For me to was about 14-16 days after getting the demo for the first time so it doesn't matter if you don't actually play it everyday.

Does anyone know if you can do this secret mission mutliple times? Or is it just a one time thing?

Last edited:

dragon1

The nugget man talks like it can be done multiple times, but I'm pretty sure it's time based, as in, you have a chance of getting it after x number of days, so I guess I'll play a bit every day some more until I meet the time requirements again.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Quick Question: Has anyone else noticed while playing the demo that the texture of the Pokémon Mega Evolving changes right before it gets encased in the sphere?
It looks like the lines around the Pokémon's body disappear and it appears blurred, almost.
I have never noticed this for Mega Evolutions in XY, and I just wanted to know if it was a glitch in my demo or merely a stylistic choice for Mega Evolution.

Robbob

After five days of soft resetting (L+R+Select+Start), the first secret mission finally became avaiable. I have two DS. This is the second time I have found the elusive mission. The first time it only took one day (about 200 to 300 resets) on the first ds. The second time it took five days (so about 1000 resets) on the second ds. I don't know if this makes a diffences, but both times I found it was during team magma missions.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
Quick Question: Has anyone else noticed while playing the demo that the texture of the Pokémon Mega Evolving changes right before it gets encased in the sphere?
It looks like the lines around the Pokémon's body disappear and it appears blurred, almost.
I have never noticed this for Mega Evolutions in XY, and I just wanted to know if it was a glitch in my demo or merely a stylistic choice for Mega Evolution.

I noticed the same thing in the trailers, which leads me to believe it's intentional. I don't know why they did that though.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
After five days of soft resetting (L+R+Select+Start), the first secret mission finally became avaiable. I have two DS. This is the second time I have found the elusive mission. The first time it only took one day (about 200 to 300 resets) on the first ds. The second time it took five days (so about 1000 resets) on the second ds. I don't know if this makes a diffences, but both times I found it was during team magma missions.

do you have to talk to him to know if the nuggest mission is next or will it appear like the somewhere secret mission?

Robbob

do you have to talk to him to know if the nuggest mission is next or will it appear like the somewhere secret mission?

Today is only day 12 for having the demo. I don't believe the second secret mission for the nugget appears until day 15

Status
Not open for further replies.