• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Demo Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It was okay for it was suppose to be.a demo. Honestly it had a lot more then some other demos for games that I have tried.

Yeah, you get stuff for playing it too. Bonus. :D

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
It's awful. If it wasn't for the heart scales, I wouldn't have bothered past the main mission.

what did you expect? a Full game? It is Demo for a reason you know?

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
What did you expect? Your same opinion? It is a forum for a reason you know?

I don't know I think you were expecting too much from a demo... it gave us small "taste" for what full game was like and left us hungry for more... I say it has done its job.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I don't know I think you were expecting too much from a demo... it gave us small "taste" for what full game was like and left us hungry for more... I say it has done its job.

It didn't leave me hungry for anything other than X2Y2 and I wasn't expecting much out of a demo. My thing is, if you're going to advertise special bonuses that happen with additional play-throughs, at least make the missions worthwhile to justify coming back to it. After the main mission, none of the subsequent missions are "fun" and they're just tedious.

They get a + from me for putting a hair of effort (I'm sure they painstakingly poured hours into figuring out those rewards) but that's it really.

Exceed

o m e g a
What did you expect? Your same opinion? It is a forum for a reason you know?

Sure it's your opinion, but your opinion is pretty ridiculous. I myself don't know honestly what you were expecting from a DEMO. To call it 'awful' for doing exactly what it should do is absurd.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
It didn't leave me hungry for anything other than X2Y2 and I wasn't expecting much out of a demo. My thing is, if you're going to advertise special bonuses that happen with additional play-throughs, at least make the missions worthwhile to justify coming back to it. After the main mission, none of the subsequent missions are "fun" and they're just tedious.

They get a + from me for putting a hair of effort (I'm sure they painstakingly poured hours into figuring out those rewards) but that's it really.

Oh so you are going to give up on OR/AS just because one demo is boring? That is laughable... Did you expect demo to spoil eveything full game has? Sure rest of missions are "boring" but demo isn't mean to entertain you fully.

sheld999

been playing demo for 21 days now still haven't gotten the secret team magma/aqua mission yet

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I finally got the Nugget Man mission (Yeah Free nugget) and got into Steven's House. Still no sign of the Extra Villan Team mission for me. I also noticed that second guy in front of the Pokemon Mart is gone and just the old (Manager) remains. Has that been like that since after the first mission and I never noticed or is that something else that changed thanks to getting the Special Mission?

Doobius

just had the nugget mission.

norcali

Title Goes Here
It's awful. If it wasn't for the heart scales, I wouldn't have bothered past the main mission.

I wouldn't call it "awful", but it does get tedious. I felt the demo did what a demo is suppose to do - give you an idea of what ORAS will be like. I wish though that the "special missions" were more readily available to make it less tedious. Sure, they could have made them a bit hard to get, but SRing umpteen times or playing 22 days and nothing takes away from the excitement.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Don't if this goes here, but does anybody know the trading situation? Are we gonna be able to still do it early/and trade eggs?

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Oh so you are going to give up on OR/AS just because one demo is boring? That is laughable... Did you expect demo to spoil eveything full game has? Sure rest of missions are "boring" but demo isn't mean to entertain you fully.

The assumptions from you on what my feelings are towards the full game is what's laughable. Not only that, it's absolutely none of your business if I did "give up" on ORAS based on the demo.

This claim of "The demo isn't meant to entertain you fully" makes no sense. It's a demo for a game, it's supposed to be fun. I didn't find it fun and that's that. Tedious missions don't that one must get through (that are random to boot) is not a good thing at all.

If you can't handle an opposing opinion (regarding a demo!) and have to trivialize and fight a person on it, you need to check your priorities.

People need to stop caring vehemently for things that are ultimately pointless. I mean, it's not like GameFreak sends you gifts and cards for your birthday boo, it ain't paying your bills and it sure as hell isn't doing things to please you. xxxo

Dear other person, learn what "ridiculous" means. xxxo

I wouldn't call it "awful", but it does get tedious. I felt the demo did what a demo is suppose to do - give you an idea of what ORAS will be like. I wish though that the "special missions" were more readily available to make it less tedious. Sure, they could have made them a bit hard to get, but SRing umpteen times or playing 22 days and nothing takes away from the excitement.

It did do it's job but the tedium of the subsequent missions were definitely poor in my eyes and so I reviewed it as a whole. Nothing but a cheap ploy to get you to play it multiple times. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the situation is after 100 plays of the "secret mission" you get a chance for it to result in M-Steelix.

Last edited:

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
Okay, can anybody tell me with 100% certainty when/how to get the secret mission? I've been playing this demo for weeks and I have yet to encounter any "Let's go somewhere secret" message. The demo is extremely monotonous and I'd like to find the last of the transferable goods.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Okay, can anybody tell me with 100% certainty when/how to get the secret mission? I've been playing this demo for weeks and I have yet to encounter any "Let's go somewhere secret" message. The demo is extremely monotonous and I'd like to find the last of the transferable goods.

It comes up randomly.

It's perhaps slightly less rare than finding a Shiny Pokemon.

norcali

Title Goes Here
This claim of "The demo isn't meant to entertain you fully" makes no sense. It's a demo for a game, it's supposed to be fun. I didn't find it fun and that's that. Tedious missions don't that one must get through (that are random to boot) is not a good thing at all.

If you can't handle an opposing opinion (regarding a demo!) and have to trivialize and fight a person on it, you need to check your priorities.

People need to stop caring vehemently for things that are ultimately pointless. I mean, it's not like GameFreak sends you gifts and cards for your birthday boo, it ain't paying your bills and it sure as hell isn't doing things to please you.

I found the demo more tedious than fun after the 10th mission, but eh, it's a free demo.

I agree that people need to realize there are opposing views in this world. Agree to disagree and then, if they so choose, give their opinion without being rude. If you like the demo, great!, just post what you like about it vs the other person's opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.