• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Demo Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

poke-man

Pokemon collector
So i guess that whole "play every day until the game comes out for a special surpise" thing was BS then?
I have done at least 1 mission every day since the demo was made available. But still nothing.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
I didn't play it every day and just today when I opened it I got the Nugget mission. Haven't gotten the other secret mission yet though, but I do have all the rewards ready for transferring to the full game including my Mega Glalie that I can't use until I have four badges...opened Steven's house and Liza and Tate finally said something different but not what I saw in the vids I watched.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I finally got that nugget mission. Went in to transfer my heal balls and after I did, received it. So now I just need my heart scales and nugget off this demo.

Zoggprime

Hi has anyone else had an issue getting the demo bonuses across to the main game , i managed to transfer the nugget as I wanted more money and since then 3 days ago all I've gotten is "come back tomorrow" I kinda miffed as I want my Glalie. but suspect I have little chance of getting it . I have tried repairing the demo but no luck . thanks for any ideas

Aielyn

Hi has anyone else had an issue getting the demo bonuses across to the main game , i managed to transfer the nugget as I wanted more money and since then 3 days ago all I've gotten is "come back tomorrow" I kinda miffed as I want my Glalie. but suspect I have little chance of getting it . I have tried repairing the demo but no luck . thanks for any ideas

Have you actually collected your Nugget in the game? That is, on the screen where you start your game up, have you chosen "Pokemon Link"? Perhaps it won't let you send a new one until you've collected the stuff you've already sent?

Otherwise, have you been changing the clock on your system, perhaps?

theghostoutside

I registered just to ask about this issue. The same is happening to me.

Have you actually collected your Nugget in the game? That is, on the screen where you start your game up, have you chosen "Pokemon Link"? Perhaps it won't let you send a new one until you've collected the stuff you've already sent?

Otherwise, have you been changing the clock on your system, perhaps?

I've definitely collected the item, I've tried waiting 2 full days, I've tried changing the date on the DS system, I've tried doing another mission in the demo... nothings works.

PKMNOriginsRed

Pokemon Trainer
I registered just to ask about this issue. The same is happening to me.

I've definitely collected the item, I've tried waiting 2 full days, I've tried changing the date on the DS system, I've tried doing another mission in the demo... nothings works.

I'm having the same issue. At the beginning of ORAS when you set your clock I realized I never set my DS clock for Daylight Savings, and did that before I transferred my items from the demo. Now I can't get my Glalie, I only ended up getting my normal pokeballs...

Are you allowed to nickname the Glalie from the demo in the full game? Is there a secret name rather in the demo? I mistook the "done" key for the backspace key...

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Are you allowed to nickname the Glalie from the demo in the full game? Is there a secret name rather in the demo? I mistook the "done" key for the backspace key...

You can nickname the demo Glalie. I call mine "Unichomp." The OT's name is Orlando and it is said to be "From: Pokemon Link." Other than that, it is l;ike every other Pokemon you can get.

This might be a rather silly question, but is the Demo Glalie limited to only one per Demo, once you acquire it? Like, is it in any way like the WSHMKR Jirachi where you could distribute it to multiple game cartridges/saves or is does it become unavailable once it is transferred to any game?

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
This might be a rather silly question, but is the Demo Glalie limited to only one per Demo, once you acquire it? Like, is it in any way like the WSHMKR Jirachi where you could distribute it to multiple game cartridges/saves or is does it become unavailable once it is transferred to any game?

The Glalie is limited to one per demo, once it's in the full game that's it. You can trade it around if you put it in Sapphire and wanted it recorded it in Ruby but you can only send it to one full game.

The Glalie is limited to one per demo, once it's in the full game that's it. You can trade it around if you put it in Sapphire and wanted it recorded it in Ruby but you can only send it to one full game.

Alright, good to know, thanks!

Aside from getting the Glalie, is there anything special about receiving one through Pokemon Link or is it no different from receiving one through trade? [And by special I mean some form of record or any difference at all. Like how receiving an Event Pokémon yourself gets you the Wonder Card for it. Something of the sort]

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Aside from getting the Glalie, is there anything special about receiving one through Pokemon Link or is it no different from receiving one through trade? [And by special I mean some form of record or any difference at all. Like how receiving an Event Pokémon yourself gets you the Wonder Card for it. Something of the sort]
No nothing. It gets sent to your PC.

So if I nicknamed Glalie the wrong name (cut short by that confusing enter key), it's stuck with it forever?
I'm afraid so.

Last edited:

Austratus

a paper man
It's looking like I might actually have to *restart* the demo version from scratch. My system (an original 3DS) has been having issues every once in a while, so I had to check to see if the battery's OK.

Ever since then, though, Steven's not been letting me ask to transfer anything over-- "come back tomorrow, and we'll talk". It's now been over a week... or more!

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin f
The demo was incredibly too easy; the Pokemon you got were a lot higher leveled than the other Pokemon in the game, which was kinda disappointing. There's only a couple trainers that actually present somewhat of a challenge.

I haven't finished transferring everything yet, but I'll finish doing the adventures first & then transfer things.

Status
Not open for further replies.