• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Mega Special Animation (SP)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Mega Special Animation (SP)

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Short

As we approach the Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire launch, this short focuses on Brendan and May as they start their journey...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

phanpycross

God-king
So I guess Brendon got treecko after all, oh well, mudkip is still cooler in my heart.

Fun special overall, glad to see all the megas in one place, and they all looked great, and leave it to the animators to forget the "one mega per battle" rule smh.

8/10

EDIT: oh, and mega glaie can bite with a broken jaw, that's cool.

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
so i guess they'll be sticking with brendan and may for the names, instead of orlando and anna which are really weird names for the two of them imo

as for the short, i guess the scene is referring some connection to the game itself is what i can see

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Is Diancie getting a new move in the ORAS games, because we can clearly see her using a totally different style move in her Mega form (that we haven't seen yet).

[IMG139]http://s9.postimg.org/61lnef4e7/Mega_Diancie.jpg[/IMG139]

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Is Diancie getting a new move in the ORAS games, because we can clearly see her using a totally different style move in her Mega form (that we haven't seen yet).

[IMG139]http://s9.postimg.org/61lnef4e7/Mega_Diancie.jpg[/IMG139]

That and Mlop battle where so beautifully animated. It's nice to see Ms lowbrow and it's "shelder" working together, that's quite a cool detail.

leionjago

My favorite battles where Gallade v Diance and Lopunny v Sableye

Lopunny v Sableye narrowly beats Gallad v Diance for me

phanpycross

God-king
I really liked mega salamence vs pidgeot, but it was a little too short, kinda cool to see hurricane and dragon pulse again, but with diffrent animation.

Captain America X

So I guess Brendon got treecko after all, oh well, mudkip is still cooler in my heart.

Fun special overall, glad to see all the megas in one place, and they all looked great, and leave it to the animators to forget the "one mega per battle" rule smh.

8/10

EDIT: oh, and mega glaie can bite with a broken jaw, that's cool.
Well Mudkip did go to May

Anyway all the battles were pretty awesome,especially M-Gallade vs M-Diancie and M-Salamance vs M-Pidgeot.I was actually expecting M-Salamance to be be fighting M-Metagross instead.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
so i guess they'll be sticking with brendan and may for the names, instead of orlando and anna which are really weird names for the two of them imo

They were never referred to by name in the special itself, and the credits refer to them as "Protagonist (Boy)" and "Protagonist (Girl)".

Janovy

Banned
This was pretty sweet, which only makes me wish it was longer.

Also, would have preferred more actual Hoenn content than just Mega Evo glorification.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
It was cute and all, but I expected it to be a Mega Evolution showcase.
That's a bummer. It had a lot of potential, but it went to waste, simply to name every single new Mega Evolution that was introduced so far... Glad we caught a glimpse of the Contests, though...

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Well that was a bit underwhelming. Get big name seiyuu's but give them barely any lines? Come on, man. The B2W2 is still a much better promotional video for the games than this at those encompassed a lot of plot points from the game. This one was one big super advertisement for Mega Evolutions. Welp.

The beginning was cute of course and Hoenn feels more "hinterlandish" or "equatorial" here. Animation is top notched. Favorite parts was Mega Diancie and her bloody sword vs Mega Gallade, Mega Slowbro vs Mega Sharpedo, and Mega Sableye vs Mega Lopunny--super cute. Loved the small contest segment and I am eagerly awaiting for its inclusion in the XY anime. I hope Serena dresses differently, has to not only dance but also SING. We idolshit now, baby.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
No Aqua or Magma members/10 :(

Started out great, then it stopped being about ORAS and was all about Mega-evos.

STOP CRAMMING THAT *BEEP* DOWN OUR *BEEP* THROATS, GAMEFREAK!! :mad:

They couldn't have made that a minute or 2 longer :confused: *hopes for added scene later*

DotKU

Champion
The animation and the camera angles used in this special were very nice and overall the special was definately very well made. Even though I knew the special would be heavy mega- focused I still wished that they would have shown different stuff. then again more than half of ORAS promotion was new megas so I don't know what I was thinking

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So somehow May ends up with two starters? What a boss.

I like how this special has nothing much to do with Hoenn and just MEGA EVOLUTION TO HIGH HEAVENS YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.

...Which I actually dislike. I only liked the beginning portion. Here I wished we'd see either Brendan or May inside a truck for some reason.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I mean it's what I expected. It looks really good and covered the basics of what Ruby and Sapphire were and will be.
Only problem is it's really short, lacks a bit of the antagonists.

7.5/10 slightly above average but nothing too spectacular.

shadowF

was Brendan with mega latios? also where were they headed with their mega latios and latias?