• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Mega Special Animation (SP)

LizardonX

Banned
It's sad how a 2 minute ad has more potential to be good anime if they expanded it than every season with ash in it put together.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Given the anime itself is slow to show off mega evolutions, I think its reasonable that this promo animation focused heavily on showing fans the new megas in full motion anime form. That promo for B2/W2 had a new storyline to advertise as its main focus, but ORAS is a remake of a old storyline so they focused heavily on the new megas.

Is Diancie getting a new move in the ORAS games, because we can clearly see her using a totally different style move in her Mega form (that we haven't seen yet).

[IMG139]http://s9.postimg.org/61lnef4e7/Mega_Diancie.jpg[/IMG139]
That's an awesome screenshot. Are there more of that size? It's hard to get an appreciation for some of the battles with how fast everything moves. I'd also like to see a large version of that image with all the megas. Apologies if this is asking too much.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I'd also like to see a large version of that image with all the megas.
Is it this one that you wanted.
[IMG139]http://s18.postimg.org/qzn2u493d/ORAS_Megas.jpg[/IMG139]
Are there more of that size?
Well not a problem for me, as i have downloaded that video from Youtube, and i have "VLC Player" which lets me easily capture any frame shots i want, one frame at a time (i can even watch at any speed i desire from the minimum play speed of 0.03x to 31.25x speed at max).
Apologies if this is asking too much.
No Problem.

Last edited:

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Is it this the one you wanted.

Well not a problem for me, as i have downloaded that video from Youtube, and i have "VLC Player" which lets me easily capture any frame shots i want, one frame at a time (i can even watch at any speed i desire from the minimum play speed of 0.03x to 31.25x speed at max).

No Problem.

Mega salamence looks so adorable when he isn't flying, I'm loving it's design from this angle.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I really liked mega salamence vs pidgeot, but it was a little too short, kinda cool to see hurricane and dragon pulse again, but with diffrent animation.
I think that was "Dragon Breath".

Here is another one,
[IMG139]http://s2.postimg.org/54zwd8m5l/Mega_Sharpedo_Mega_Slowbro.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

Rohanator

I really needed to see Mega Glalie animated, was not disappointed. I just needed to see some life breathed into it, the game model is so weird.

It's sad how a 2 minute ad has more potential to be good anime if they expanded it than every season with ash in it put together.

Gr8 b8 m8. :]

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Man, May got both Torchic and Mudkip, that's how things should have been back in AG.

This was decent at the beginning but then the whole last half of it was just showing every Mega form in the most blatant advertisement possible. Would have prefered seeing more snippets of May and Brendan on their journey.

Who voiced May in this, anyway?

DotKU

Champion
Is Diancie getting a new move in the ORAS games, because we can clearly see her using a totally different style move in her Mega form (that we haven't seen yet).

[IMG139]http://s9.postimg.org/61lnef4e7/Mega_Diancie.jpg[/IMG139]

IS this Sootopolis City in the background!?

Mau-Kun

I really loved it, the animation, the mega-evolution, the character design...
But I'm confused, what May did was a contest or more like a Tripokalon? You know, coordinators don't dance with their pokémon in contests =P It looked more like what Serena is doing.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Man, May got both Torchic and Mudkip, that's how things should have been back in AG.

This was decent at the beginning but then the whole last half of it was just showing every Mega form in the most blatant advertisement possible. Would have prefered seeing more snippets of May and Brendan on their journey.

Who voiced May in this, anyway?

-Protagonist boy: Nobuhiko Okamoto
-Protagonist girl: Kana Hanazawa
-Daigo: Akira Ishida
-Tsutsuji: Eri Kitamura
-Shorts Boy: Megumi Han

Ami Koshimizu will never voice Higana/Zinnia. ;_;

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This was pretty sweet, which only makes me wish it was longer.

Also, would have preferred more actual Hoenn content than just Mega Evo glorification.

I agree, it didn't even last 5 minutes. I liked what I saw though, it made me re-excited for ORAS XD
I also agree on the mega evolution over glorification. I mean I don't mind the legendary mega evolution forms since they'll have a big part of the game, but I don't see why they need to advertise the more regular ones :x
Anyways it's an 8/10 for me.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It seems like Torchic has become the canon choice for May in every incarnation. Even though she also had Mudkip in this special, it seems like Torchic has become as iconic to May as Pikachu is to Ash or Piplup is to Dawn.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So were Brendan and May childhood friends in this special? It almost looks like they had their pokemon as pets before they started their journey, like they didn't get them from Prof. Birch. It would explain why May had two starters from the beginning.

Rohanator

It seems like Torchic has become the canon choice for May in every incarnation. Even though she also had Mudkip in this special, it seems like Torchic has become as iconic to May as Pikachu is to Ash or Piplup is to Dawn.
More like Treecko is just more stereotypically manly than the other two and thus thrown at Brendan while May gets the leftovers.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
More like Treecko is just more stereotypically manly than the other two and thus thrown at Brendan while May gets the leftovers.

That might be true, but May's gotten Torchic now in 3 canon's. AG May, Sapphire and now this ORAS May? Its obviously done on purpose.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Seeing Mega Diancie battle Mega Gallade at Sootopolis was awesome, and I cackled when May got cornered by Shroomish and Wurmple at the Petalburg Woods.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Is it this one that you wanted.
That's it all right, many thanks. If you take more requests then I'd like a good one of Gallade and Diancie battling, a good still shot of Salamence too. The anime appearance is helping me find mega Salamence less goofy-looking.

I wouldn't call a pokemon as popular as Blaziken "leftovers." It was funny to see a Blaziken act so cute like a big jealous bird though.

On another note Mega Swampert is plenty "manly."

And Sceptile chewing on Brendan's head, nice to see a pretty different personality from Ash's Sceptile.