• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Mega Special Animation (SP)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I wouldn't call a pokemon as popular as Blaziken "leftovers." It was funny to see a Blaziken act so cute like a big jealous bird though.

Yeah, especially since Blaziken was the first Hoenn starter revealed in the Johto league.

Brings back memories of the AG days, doesn't it Pokemon Fan? Oddly enough all the starters in this special showed off a lot of personality despite only having a few seconds of screentime.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
The more I see crystal dragon Pidgeott and MSalamence figth the more the designs grow on me.

I still don't dig MSableye but I loved it's U mad laughter so much here and Mloppuny ram battering ending with a funny approach, I kinda see why people call it fee nine with that small giggling in the end, regardless my male Mloppuny is ready to battle. I just freaking love that design!

Gallant was decent but I'm too much of a Diancie fancy to avoid squealing like a fan girl on his swordsmanship so Dame awesome.

And MSlowbro I can't hate this guy, he is just that awesome.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
This was disappointing compared to the B2W2 intro because it didn't really show any story points besides Steven. Then again, it was all about mega evolutions, so it delivered in that aspect. I want to see Megancie versus Megallade in a full battle pretty badly. Megalie and Megalix look great in animation so fortunately their designs get more credit.

momopeach

So I guess Brendon got treecko after all, oh well, mudkip is still cooler in my heart.

Fun special overall, glad to see all the megas in one place, and they all looked great, and leave it to the animators to forget the "one mega per battle" rule smh.

Pretty sure that's only a rule in game. Maybe in official battles too in the anime. Realistically, there isn't much of a reason someone can't mega evolve multiple pokemon. Since it's a contest showcase, it's probably allowed.

I wouldn't call a pokemon as popular as Blaziken "leftovers." It was funny to see a Blaziken act so cute like a big jealous bird though.
That was cute too.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I wish we had seen more of Brendan tbh. I wasn't particularly thrilled about seeing all those Mega Pokemon; instead more time should've been dedicated to the human characters imo. Also, it's sad that Prof. Birch didn't appear. Alas.

Izanagi

'Sup!
I don't know what I expected. I guess I expected it to be like the B2W2 short. I mean it cool to see all the new Mega Evolutions in animation and all but that's basically all it amounts to. I didn't really showcase much else from the game with some exceptions of course. In the end, I can't help be be a bit disappointed because I expected more. Then again I set myself up for it. Seeing how it was only a little over two minutes.

The animation was nice though I'll give it that.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
This was a promotional video, if people wanted to see sometihng with a good plot in 3 mins, I dont know what you are used to watch.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I expected more plot and less Mega hype tbh so I was disappointed there. It was decent enough I guess. I knew this would be an ORAS hype commercial I guess I expected too much.

Izanagi

'Sup!
This was a promotional video, if people wanted to see sometihng with a good plot in 3 mins, I dont know what you are used to watch.

I didn't expect "a plot". The B2W2 short didn't have "a plot". I wanted them show off more of the game as opposed them to solely showing of the new Megas but like someone said maybe I expected too much. We got some nice gifs out it I guess.

Shoutout to Kana Hanazawa for voicing May! She is great seiyuu!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I wanted them show off more of the game as opposed them to solely showing of the new Megas but like someone said maybe I expected too much. We got some nice gifs out it I guess.

I agree. About 80% of the short was just unashamed Mega Evolution promo, which I'm personally sick of right now. I wanted more substance than that a la B2/W2 short at least.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I agree. About 80% of the short was just unashamed Mega Evolution promo, which I'm personally sick of right now. I wanted more substance than that a la B2/W2 short at least.

We can just imagine how the sequel/third entry for Gen VI will be like in anime representation...

YOU GET A MEGA!

YOU GET A MEGA!

EVERYONE GETS A MEGA EVOLUTION!!! (But not Ash.)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Guys this isn't from the anime team, agian this is a promotional video from gamefreak, the megas were shown because they are the main selling point, they are new pokemon of this game.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I'm pretty sure this was the exact same anime team. The art style matches theirs perfectly.

Not really, its a lot more polished if it was them it wasn't their usual, lets rush this because we have to put one out each week usual product, the artstyle is pretty damn different I dont see how it matches perfectly even if it was them its different.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Not really, its a lot more polished if it was them it wasn't their usual, lets rush this because we have to put one out each week usual product, the artstyle is pretty damn different I dont see how it matches perfectly even if it was them its different.
Art style seemed a bit more like the movie style IMO. I doubt GameFreak or Pokemon Co. or whoever would get a different animation team just to animate a 5 minute short.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The art style was very different from the main anime, what are you guys saying? Just look at how different May looked from AG. And I'm not talking about her different clothes, I'm talking about how face and design looks much younger and rounder.