• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurrealistSmeargle

And i have none of those freaking awesome.
It only takes a few minutes to get a Trainer Club account. Just go to the Global Link website and register.

As for whether the leakers will get it early, I wouldn't be so sure. It needs to be actually up on the eShop to download it. I would imagine Nintendo won't place the demo onto the eShop servers until the official date, so having the code early won't get you access to the demo any earlier.

lavanda

Really feeling it
So, they are really going with ΩR and αS for acronyms, huh.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
was the demo for EU and US really confirmed? i'm asking so i don't have to work my a*s off to get one copy of corocoro from japan.

Yes. It has.

We don't know how you will obtain the code, though.

lavanda

Really feeling it
With the demo being a separate sidestory with the ability to carry things to the main game, I'll be pissed off if codes are distributed to selected Club Nintendo members. I hope they're sent to our Trainer Club accounts or 3DS Notifications.

Zoldakin

With the demo being a separate sidestory with the ability to carry things to the main game, I'll be pissed off if codes are distributed to selected Club Nintendo members. I hope they're sent to our Trainer Club accounts or 3DS Notifications.

Agreed. I'm really excited for these games and I am dying to test it out and see the "unique" demo story line. If they restrict it. I will be pissed. Hopefully it's just a demo download on the eshop.

Thure

Agreed. I'm really excited for these games and I am dying to test it out and see the "unique" demo story line. If they restrict it. I will be pissed. Hopefully it's just a demo download on the eshop.

But it's already confirmed you need a serial key for it... If it's just a download they could just put it on the eshop.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
As for whether the leakers will get it early, I wouldn't be so sure. It needs to be actually up on the eShop to download it. I would imagine Nintendo won't place the demo onto the eShop servers until the official date, so having the code early won't get you access to the demo any earlier.

It depends on when we get our code and when the demo will show up, I guess.

Those who already has the code would be able to download as soon as the demo is up.

sheld999

maybe raquaza is the pokemon incharge of mega stone power or something... does anyone know if the demo is world wide

Photonkrios95

does anyone know if the demo is world wide

The US and EU sites have confirmed that the demo will be available for there respective areas. Were just waiting on how we get it.

Photonkrios95

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Guys when a website updates all the other ones update, so yes the demo thing is in every version of the website and should confirm that yes we will all get the demo.

HydroBR

Just hope that the serial code for the demo isn't distributed via local or store events. Trainer Club, Club Nintendo, 3DS notifications, Pelipper mail, i don't care, just don't leave non-US residents out of it!

sheld999

Just hope that the serial code for the demo isn't distributed via local or store events. Trainer Club, Club Nintendo, 3DS notifications, Pelipper mail, i don't care, just don't leave non-US residents out of it!

or free download

HydroBR

or free download
I'm pretty sure it's gonna be free, but we'll need a code. As the official site says:

"Stay tuned for details on how to get a code that will enable you to download the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version from Nintendo eShop. Don’t miss this chance to start your adventure in Hoenn and discover Mega-Evolved Pokémon you’ve never seen before!"
Link: http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/cool-features/special-demo-version
My concern is on how we'll get that code. If they distribute it on local events and/or GameStop or other stores, it'll be frustrating...

Last edited:

Creyk

I'm so confused about how these serial codes are going to work....not sure at all that I am going to be able to play the demo.
Maybe I'll just watch the gameplay videos on youtube (those are always fun anyway) and then play when the game is released at me.
I'm so excited that in less than a month we'll have all this new material!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I'm so confused about how these serial codes are going to work....not sure at all that I am going to be able to play the demo.
Maybe I'll just watch the gameplay videos on youtube (those are always fun anyway) and then play when the game is released at me.
I'm so excited that in less than a month we'll have all this new material!

If you got a code, insert in your 3ds eshop now. They will expire tonight/tomorrow. This will be for a Smash Demo with no limit on "Activations." Activation is this case is how many time you can start the game on your 3DS before it won't start.

Tomorrow, the standard X Activations Demo will be released for almost everyone outside Japan. X is a number between 5 and 30. Most Demos have 30 activations. Japan has the Smash Demo already, while those who have used their codes already have the Smash Demo. I have little info about Smash Bros in Russia and Korea, so I can not say if they'll get it or not.

The ORAS code will be given out in manner they've not annocued yet. However if you've got pokemon.com account set up to email you, you may get the demo emailed to you. (I'm making this suggestion based on Smash Bros demo reveal last week. Also I got a free Code for the online TCG simulator today, via the Pokemon.com email.)

Most standard Demos will have a Limit on Activations, but after reading this page on the Offical site, this will not be the case. However, you may just need to play a Minigame, like the Dream world Eeveelutions from a few years ago.

Given the text on that page, it leads me to think there will be some data stored from the demo that will be sent to the main game early on. Bravely Default and Smash Bros 3ds does this just to name two.

The one Downloadable Demo of a Pokémon game was Pokémon Ranger - Guardian Signs which offered a set of "signs" that you couldn't find in the retail game. This demo was available in a few places, including on now defunt Wii channel. Unlike the two games above you had to Memorise or use a Guide like Serebii to get the signs.

Last edited:

Snes91

Only 2 months away till omega ruby and alpha sapphire come out,I wonder when they will send out the demos,I hope i get a code :D. time has went by so fast.

Wonder if we will get a direct soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.