1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Serebii, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pilpulp

Pilpulp 美的

Maybe it's just me, but I've never heard of that one.

I hope it's not going to be given out only to select Club Nintendo members first. Because everyone went crazy over those smash codes and I don't want to be that person over the Pokemon Demo because I don't want to wait 3 weeks, they're doing that to Australia.

2. Plus side down side

Plus side down side Lass Trainer

I hope not either. I'm not even close to Platinum level and bartering with people over a code doesn't really seem worth it. Regardless, I'm going to just wait for the inevitable GameStop codes even if I do get them later.

3. Pilpulp

Pilpulp 美的

Unrelated to the current topic, but related in general;

Is it just me of has there been a low level of "leaks" and rumors this year?

Maybe it's because we're two months away, not sure.

4. shadowF

shadowF Well-Known Member

so how do you guys think America will get the demo?

5. Hasty

Hasty Moonside

I guess it's because they are remakes and not the start of a new generation, where many things can change/be addded. (-> less hype)

6. .Aerodactyl.

.Aerodactyl. Well-Known Member

No, I agree. I followed X/Y as closely as I've been following ORAS and there are way less rumors and leaks. For X/Y, we had way more dske scans and images, more people pretending to have worked for game freak or tested or whatever with "exclusive" details. I think it's probably just because this game is a remake and not a whole new generation, so its harder to make up believable information and scans since we've already played these games. But that's just my theory.

Edit: Greninjaed by Hasty Jynx!

7. Zoldakin

Zoldakin Well-Known Member

Me neither.

lol though, I just wanna find out how US will get the demos already so I can let my hopes die when it is exclusive in some way. Why would they leave the US for so long though. All the other large population and marketing countries already found out :/

Yea, I believe this is the case. Not every chump can photoshop a random sprite, title it new pokemon and call it a day. I'm sure we'll get some crazy fakes for new megas or something closer to release date though.

8. DanteKoriyu

DanteKoriyu Well-Known Member

Gen VI games have had way less leaks in general than we had with Gens IV and V while I was following them, both real and fake. We used to get random things like leaked merchandise that would reveal a new Pokemon, but we've really not had any of that in Gen VI. It seems like they are running a tighter ship this time around, so to speak.

I'm pretty surprised though. ORAS seems to be ending up with even less leaks than XY had. Though I think the ones we are getting for ORAS are a bit bigger than the ones XY got; like the Mega Slowbro and Audino early reveal. That was a pretty major SNAFU compared to someone putting up an image of some keychains before a specific mon was revealed or whatever.

9. Rio!

Rio! Composer

Pfft isn't that the truth, lol.

I'm def willing to wait later if that's the case, especially since it's already needed to take 2 trips to Gamestop just to get some event Pokemon. XD

10. Sapphire Dragon

Sapphire Dragon A Silver soul.

Ahh, nice nice! If they do it the same way, then yes. :) You will get a total of 4 codes, so that means one for yourself and three to give away. You can only give it to people in your region, so no, no one outside of North America. The smash demo was completely free and sent to your email but you had to already have email ads/offers enabled in your Club Nintendo account before the demo was announced. So, it's probably a good idea to make sure you have email offers enabled now before they announce the US methods.

If they do end up doing it that way, may I have one code, pretty please? :x

11. Plus side down side

Yeah, you're right. I think it could be because it's a remake though. Though not nearly as bad as ORAS, B2/W2 kind of had a drought a couple of months before its release.

12. Hexin' Wishes

Hexin' Wishes Diva Extraordinaire

In general? Absolutely not. In the gaming world, it's still a no. It's just because NA is a strong seller so they don't even have to try to do anything special for us. They can put the demo up for us the day before and the games would still sell as much.

13. HRRlion

HRRlion 2795 4358 7025

Man, I'm really feeling it (Cookie to whoever gets the reference)! October 2nd will have new info in the stream with gettv either repeating that or adding more new stuff to it. Then corocoro will leak around the 12th and finally on the 15th I can go to GAME after finishing college early as I do on wednesdays.

14. Disaster_Lord

Disaster_Lord Sad Bayleef is Sad.

This is what Nintendo thinks of NA...They dont even need to try. It will sell no mather what.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  15. Plus side down side

Alright. Well people clearly didn't read into THE EXTREMELY SARCASTIC COMMENT WHERE I ALSO SAID THAT WE WON'T GET IT BECAUSE WE ARE AMONG THE HIGHEST SELLING REGIONS.

I thought I was going to get a million "not all Americans are impatient" but instead I got the opposite.

16. Rio!

Rio! Composer

I think that comment was meant to be sarcasm. XD

17. Hexin' Wishes

Hexin' Wishes Diva Extraordinaire

LULZ I totally thought you were saying something along the lines of "They wouldn't not let NA get the demo" so I disregarded that. My bad... xxxo

18. Disaster_Lord

Disaster_Lord Sad Bayleef is Sad.

And thats the reason why some insist that sarcasm in the internet should be color coded for the reader convenience. Some even joke that blue is the code fir sarcasm.

Anyways Nintendo doesnt need to promo the games heavily in NA they know they have a solid market here.

19. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

Sarcasm is only hard to gauge when the language isn't different from normal. I could tell it was sarcasm right away.

Anyway, I'd be very pissed if they end up revealing it's Gamestop only. It's one thing if the delay is because they're trying to work out another distribution method. It's entirely different if they're delaying the announcement only for it to be the same thing as the last 3 events, that's a lot of suspense for nothing.

20. Rio!

Rio! Composer

Yeah I already feel for people that are unable to make that grand trek to Gamestop (if they're able to at all) missing out. Again.
    Still at a loss as to why these events can't simply be distributed over the internet via Wonder Card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.