• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilpulp

美的
Us Americans also carry the stereotype of being really, really patient and not willing to complain on a ridiculous mass scale.

Maybe it's just me, but I've never heard of that one.

It's coming, guys. If anything, the fact that we're getting it later could mean that there is going to be something different with the demo distribution. It could also be to help curb complaints that other regions are getting the game later, but that's really unlikely.

I hope it's not going to be given out only to select Club Nintendo members first. Because everyone went crazy over those smash codes and I don't want to be that person over the Pokemon Demo because I don't want to wait 3 weeks, they're doing that to Australia.

I hope it's not going to be given out only to select Club Nintendo members first. Because everyone went crazy over those smash codes and I don't want to be that person over the Pokemon Demo because I don't want to wait 3 weeks, they're doing that to Australia.

I hope not either. I'm not even close to Platinum level and bartering with people over a code doesn't really seem worth it. Regardless, I'm going to just wait for the inevitable GameStop codes even if I do get them later.

Pilpulp

美的
Unrelated to the current topic, but related in general;

Is it just me of has there been a low level of "leaks" and rumors this year?

Maybe it's because we're two months away, not sure.

shadowF

so how do you guys think America will get the demo?

Hasty

Moonside

I guess it's because they are remakes and not the start of a new generation, where many things can change/be addded. (-> less hype)

.Aerodactyl.

No, I agree. I followed X/Y as closely as I've been following ORAS and there are way less rumors and leaks. For X/Y, we had way more dske scans and images, more people pretending to have worked for game freak or tested or whatever with "exclusive" details. I think it's probably just because this game is a remake and not a whole new generation, so its harder to make up believable information and scans since we've already played these games. But that's just my theory.

Edit: Greninjaed by Hasty Jynx!

Zoldakin

Me neither.

lol though, I just wanna find out how US will get the demos already so I can let my hopes die when it is exclusive in some way. Why would they leave the US for so long though. All the other large population and marketing countries already found out :/

I guess it's because they are remakes and not the start of a new generation, where many things can change/be addded. (-> less hype)

Yea, I believe this is the case. Not every chump can photoshop a random sprite, title it new pokemon and call it a day. I'm sure we'll get some crazy fakes for new megas or something closer to release date though.

DanteKoriyu

Gen VI games have had way less leaks in general than we had with Gens IV and V while I was following them, both real and fake. We used to get random things like leaked merchandise that would reveal a new Pokemon, but we've really not had any of that in Gen VI. It seems like they are running a tighter ship this time around, so to speak.

I'm pretty surprised though. ORAS seems to be ending up with even less leaks than XY had. Though I think the ones we are getting for ORAS are a bit bigger than the ones XY got; like the Mega Slowbro and Audino early reveal. That was a pretty major SNAFU compared to someone putting up an image of some keychains before a specific mon was revealed or whatever.

Rio!

Composer
No. They are going to keep one of their most profitable country and regions from receiving a free thing that isn't that hard to distribute and will easily increase their sales. Us Americans also carry the stereotype of being really, really patient and not willing to complain on a ridiculous mass scale.

Pfft isn't that the truth, lol.

It's coming, guys. If anything, the fact that we're getting it later could mean that there is going to be something different with the demo distribution. It could also be to help curb complaints that other regions are getting the game later, but that's really unlikely.

I'm def willing to wait later if that's the case, especially since it's already needed to take 2 trips to Gamestop just to get some event Pokemon. XD

Sapphire Dragon

A Silver soul.
I have (or at least my husband) has platinum membership on club Nintendo, we didn't bother getting the smash bros demo though. I do really want the ORAS demo though! If they do it the same way they did smash bros, will I be able to pick up extra demo codes to give away for free to others? And can I give it to people who aren't in North America? I live in Canada by the way. I'd love to lend a helping hand to as many people as possible before the people who are gonna trade sell all the codes get a hand on them. Also, was the smash demo something we paid points for or something we got for free in club Nintendo? I just want to prepare if that's how it will be done.
Ahh, nice nice! If they do it the same way, then yes. :) You will get a total of 4 codes, so that means one for yourself and three to give away. You can only give it to people in your region, so no, no one outside of North America. The smash demo was completely free and sent to your email but you had to already have email ads/offers enabled in your Club Nintendo account before the demo was announced. So, it's probably a good idea to make sure you have email offers enabled now before they announce the US methods.

If they do end up doing it that way, may I have one code, pretty please? :x

Yeah, you're right. I think it could be because it's a remake though. Though not nearly as bad as ORAS, B2/W2 kind of had a drought a couple of months before its release.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Us Americans also carry the stereotype of being really, really patient and not willing to complain on a ridiculous mass scale.

In general? Absolutely not. In the gaming world, it's still a no. It's just because NA is a strong seller so they don't even have to try to do anything special for us. They can put the demo up for us the day before and the games would still sell as much.

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
Man, I'm really feeling it (Cookie to whoever gets the reference)! October 2nd will have new info in the stream with gettv either repeating that or adding more new stuff to it. Then corocoro will leak around the 12th and finally on the 15th I can go to GAME after finishing college early as I do on wednesdays.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
In general? Absolutely not. In the gaming world, it's still a no. It's just because NA is a strong seller so they don't even have to try to do anything special for us. They can put the demo up for us the day before and the games would still sell as much.

This is what Nintendo thinks of NA...They dont even need to try. It will sell no mather what.

Last edited:

Alright. Well people clearly didn't read into THE EXTREMELY SARCASTIC COMMENT WHERE I ALSO SAID THAT WE WON'T GET IT BECAUSE WE ARE AMONG THE HIGHEST SELLING REGIONS.

I thought I was going to get a million "not all Americans are impatient" but instead I got the opposite.

Rio!

Composer

I think that comment was meant to be sarcasm. XD

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Alright. Well people clearly didn't read into THE EXTREMELY SARCASTIC COMMENT WHERE I ALSO SAID THAT WE WON'T GET IT BECAUSE WE ARE AMONG THE HIGHEST SELLING REGIONS.

I thought I was going to get a million "not all Americans are impatient" but instead I got the opposite.

LULZ I totally thought you were saying something along the lines of "They wouldn't not let NA get the demo" so I disregarded that. My bad... xxxo

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
And thats the reason why some insist that sarcasm in the internet should be color coded for the reader convenience. Some even joke that blue is the code fir sarcasm.

Anyways Nintendo doesnt need to promo the games heavily in NA they know they have a solid market here.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Sarcasm is only hard to gauge when the language isn't different from normal. I could tell it was sarcasm right away.

Anyway, I'd be very pissed if they end up revealing it's Gamestop only. It's one thing if the delay is because they're trying to work out another distribution method. It's entirely different if they're delaying the announcement only for it to be the same thing as the last 3 events, that's a lot of suspense for nothing.

Rio!

Composer
Anyway, I'd be very pissed if they end up revealing it's Gamestop only. It's one thing if the delay is because they're trying to work out another distribution method. It's entirely different if they're delaying the announcement only for it to be the same thing as the last 3 events, that's a lot of suspense for nothing.

Yeah I already feel for people that are unable to make that grand trek to Gamestop (if they're able to at all) missing out. Again.
Still at a loss as to why these events can't simply be distributed over the internet via Wonder Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.