• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LULZ I totally thought you were saying something along the lines of "They wouldn't not let NA get the demo" so I disregarded that. My bad... xxxo

Yeah, I'm sorry too. I was in a rush to leave somewhere, so that message came off way more caps lock angry than I meant. It was a simple misunderstanding.

Yeah I already feel for people that are unable to make that grand trek to Gamestop (if they're able to at all) missing out. Again.
Still at a loss as to why these events can't simply be distributed over the internet via Wonder Card.

I honestly feel like Gamestop and Nintendo have some kind of corporate deal going on. I have no idea what this entails, but I wouldn't be surprised if Gamestop pays for exclusivity or something.

Then again, I know jack about economics so feel free to ignore me.

Last edited:

BCVM22

It's not hard to figure out at all. GameStop is the only game-only retailer that operates in America, and they do so with more locations and in higher-density retail locations than do, say, Toys R' Us or Best Buy. Basically, they're the only game in town. And as much as single individuals might complain differently, far more people live within reasonable distance of a GameStop than they do one of the big box stores.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It's not hard to figure out at all. GameStop is the only game-only retailer that operates in America, and they do so with more locations and in higher-density retail locations than do, say, Toys R' Us or Best Buy. Basically, they're the only game in town. And as much as single individuals might complain differently, far more people live within reasonable distance of a GameStop than they do one of the big box stores.

That doesn't explain why they couldn't do a Wi-Fi event, that could reach far more people than even Gamestop could.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
That doesn't explain why they couldn't do a Wi-Fi event, that could reach far more people than even Gamestop could.
Profitability.

Im one of the guys that think that nintendo publicity dept and Gamestop have an agreement on the distribution. In general it idnt as profitable to use a server and distribute a signal 24/7 for 3-4 weeks as it is to make you walk into a store filled with games that migth strike your fancy since lets face it, you already walked all the way to there. Or the evil GS attendants that want to scam you in preordering stuff to get your event(I have heard several complaints about this from my friends, one gathered 24 people to boycot the gamestop entrance actually)

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Profitability.

Im one of the guys that think that nintendo publicity dept and Gamestop have an agreement on the distribution. In general it idnt as profitable to use a server and distribute a signal 24/7 for 3-4 weeks as it is to make you walk into a store filled with games that migth strike your fancy since lets face it, you already walked all the way to there. Or the evil GS attendants that want to scam you in preordering stuff to get your event(I havr heard several complaints about this from my friends, one gathered 24 people to boycot the gamestop entrance actually)

I figured that, but BCVM22 posed it as being purely an accessibility thing, and clearly that is not the case.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
In the end, I still think that the demo will be made available to everyone on the eShop a week or two before the actual release.

R_N

I figured that, but BCVM22 posed it as being purely an accessibility thing, and clearly that is not the case.

It's probably a mix of both accessibility & business. NoA & Gamestop are tight in a number of things, not just with Pokemon.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
That Livestream next week? How long is it suppose to be?

R_N

Thank you, we've already established that.
any time

18:00-1:00 is 7 hours. No idea what they're going to be covering in that time, but I highly doubt it's going to be 7 hours of new content.

well the description mentioned playing the original games, so i'm guessing the bulk of it will be that. Sort of like the hyrule warriors stream that was majorirty them plaything through all of twilight princess.

sheld999

for the demo is gameplay that wont be in the game so prob gonna be mission with wallace/steven following him finding this new mega pokemon thats popular pokemon everyone knows that we can transfer the pokemon and the items over to the orginal games... so what does everyone think gameplay will be ??? also i think johto starts will have megas post game as a hidden surprise

Photonkrios95

mission with wallace/steven

his hasnt been confirmed at all...

finding this new mega pokemon thats popular pokemon everyone knows that we can transfer the pokemon and the items over to the orginal games

Based on screens and dialogue on the english site, its almost undoubtably a problem involving Team Aqua and Magma.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Won't the U.S. demo most likely get other things like Amazon etc. like Europe does?

I wonder what's the criteria to get a code sent though... out of Amazon, Smyth Toys Superstores, ShopTo and the Nintendo UK Official Store, I've only used ShopTo to buy Pokémon games. Maybe it's where you pre-order?

Last edited:

Photonkrios95

The only thing we've been told about the Amazon, Nintendo Online, etc. distribution is that they will be using their own internal database to distribute the code, so presumedly, it will jus the a download code set to those who qualify.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
But that's what I'm saying, how do we know if we qualify? I hope they actually explain it (I'm sure they will but then again it's Nintendo!) and possibly tell us how we qualify beforehand.

Checked my Amazon and I have bought some Pokémon movies but no games, I have registered them all to Club Nintendo... but I'm guessing that won't be counted for the Nintendo Online Shop. ShopTo I've bought Y from. The rest of the games I always bought from Tesco because I could get money off haha!

It'll just be annoying for those of us (hopefully not including me but probably!) that'll have to sit around listening to people talk about the demo on here with no input haha

.Aerodactyl.

I hope no one gets discouraged about the demo! I think it will go eshop free after a few weeks. The official site also says "look for special scenarios that occur if you play every day". While it won't be ideal if you have to wait, I don't think you will miss the big event or a special mega Pokemon or anything. Its more likely that a new battle will happen every day or a new wild Pokemon is obtainable. The site also says you can play as many times as you want. I don't think you have to play every day to "trigger" anything, judging by the official site.

Advill_

Breeder
Good thing i can get the code in belgium (not) ... I never can make it ... I have to work and i can't get to ghent -.- + you have to pay to enter the expo wich doesn't intressed me ...

Fayh

Good thing i can get the code in belgium (not) ... I never can make it ... I have to work and i can't get to ghent -.- + you have to pay to enter the expo wich doesn't intressed me ...

Well, if the codes are transferable, I can get two extra ones since I have three 3DS. If you want, you can have one.

But of course there's a chance they are bound to the system you receive them on...

(I'd get German ones from McDonald's, but they probably work in any language of the eshop)

Advill_

Breeder
Ow that would be awesome :D but aren't the codes on a piece of paper? With the electrabuzz event we had to go to fnac and I was standing their with my ds and someone came to me and said 'I'll go get you the codes' and the brought me a paper with a code on it :p i felt silly though ... :p

Haunter ゴースト

Hey guys, so i live in the UK and pre-ordered Alpha Sapphire from GAME a while ago - i'm not sure how the demo process works could anybody explain?

Will the code be sent to me via email and i simply enter it online via my 3DS to get the demo? Do i have to go in-store, get a code and then go online at the store? etc.

It's quite confusing, i'd appreciate the help thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.