• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
True, but that's exactly my point. How will they make the games work when interacting with the Pokebank. Because I could very well go prepare a team of 6 Gen III pokemon right now on X/Y and pass them as soon as I reach the first Pokemon Center...
If your going to make a team as in level them up then of course Gym Badges will hinder you. I believe Pokemon Bank will be available from the get go with the Remakes since Game Freak has stated that Pokemon Bank will work with future games. However due to the level cap by Gym Badges any Pokemon you bring over that is higher level then your current lv cap will not obey.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Alpha and Omega have to mean something related to both evil teams then.

So it'd be Alpha and OMega, then? Wonder how they're gonna title drop in this game...

I just remembered something. Ruby and Sapphire are considered the least successful of the games, but was still warmly received. This is most likely to blame for the lack of interest as the Pokémon craze had died down by then, even though as time passed, the games did get vindicated and were appreciated more. Well, here we are in 2014 where Pokémon is still popular, and the games make amazing profit. With Hoenn remakes confirmed, the games may sell very well on the first day as though it was vindicated, or salvaged from eleven years ago.

I'll have to remember to keep an eye on the sales. I don't see it selling as much as X/Y (but it'd still be a financial success), but it will definitely sell better than the original games in 2003.

grovyle1997

I'm literally crying right now.

I went on GameFAQs and saw 3 topics that Ruby and Sapphire remakes were announced, so I went to Serebii and saw it was true. Finally.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Why do i get the feeling that this was done on purpose on the same day Nintendo reports it's losses..hmm Nintendo..

As long as Nintendo has ownership and can make pokemon games, they have that amount of money set in the bank. No matter how many they release people will buy them in large quantities. Same with the Zeldas and other such games. Seeing Wii U wasn't all that great as they'd hope and theres rumors that Nintendo is going to show a new hardware in E3, well they might be trying anything to get money coming in to supplement how much they drained with the Wii U

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
We'll have Omega Team Magma and Alpha Team Aqua who create/find Mega Stones for the two legendaries.
...or am I jumping the gun haha?

I don't know, but your idea kind of gave me another idea.

Omega Groudon and Alpha Kyogre.

These names sound way too far from Mega Evolutions only because they're missing the "Mega" word, so therefore, it'd be safe to say they're formes. This is just a theory, though.

halloweenghost

The american trailer says Dramatic new world.. I hope it is just a fancy way of saying "see Hoenn in a spectacular 3D world"..

Because it would be weird if it was not in Hoenn

Cool Boy

Be fearless
It's like a dream come true, Gen 3 is my favourite!

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
If your going to make a team as in level them up then of course Gym Badges will hinder you. I believe Pokemon Bank will be available from the get go with the Remakes since Game Freak has stated that Pokemon Bank will work with future games. However due to the level cap by Gym Badges any Pokemon you bring over that is higher level then your current lv cap will not obey.

Yes, I said that very same thing in a previous post lol...

These names sound way too far from Mega Evolutions only because they're missing the "Mega" word, so therefore, it'd be safe to say they're formes. This is just a theory, though.

That theory was said a few pages back.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
R
I really hope "a new world" doesn't mean they worn't be set in Hoenn,

If anything, I'd say that tagline is marketed towards the kids who weren't born yet when RS originally came out.

Let's say that there's a 7 year old kid whose first Pokémon games were Black/White. To this kid, everything prior to (and after, to a lesser extent) Unova is a "new world". Same way Kanto and Johto were "new worlds" for the kids playing FRLG and HGSS who weren't born when Gen I/II came out

bluelatios97

Countess
@Britney123

Mega Latias and Latios get released
Dive returns
The champion depends on version
Probably
I sure hope so (X and Y hardly had aftergame)
If remakes past are indication, then most likely
Same story, but with some changes sprinkled in

Grey Wind

I don't really see the point in regular forms, though. Megas are the big thing nowadays, and they market it everywhere, so I dunno why they'd give them forms instead of megas.

Although I guess forms have the out of battle edge.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Oh God don't. When they start remaking the Ds games, I'll officially feel old.
Really, I'm only 20 and I already feel a little old now that a third remake to the series has been announced. An I've been playing since the very beginning.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Game Freak..listen to me..if you do not make the best starter Spectile even cooler with a Mega Evoultion..i will be very sad ;(

Lucky for the people that missed out on Blazikenite, I'd bet anything theres a new way to get that M-stone in those games for those that missed the event.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Game Freak..listen to me..if you do not make the best starter Spectile even cooler with a Mega Evoultion..i will be very sad ;(

They won't.

There's no coding for a mega Sceptile in X/Y which is probably compatible with these games.
Same goes for Swampert.

WesleyEve

~Space Ninja Bunny~
So remake or entirely new game?
I mean it does say "New Adventure" and "New World" in the trailer
Wonder if Groudon and Kyogre somwhow terraformed Hoenn D: Would be cool
I do miss having a base though

ArtFenix

Holy cow did I not expect the remakes to be announced NOW!!! I mean, I've been googling for them on almost daily basis and I even wrote "Hoenn confirmed" just yesterday on my Y game but...MAN!!!
This is just fantastic! I'm soo getting both versions!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Oh God don't. When they start remaking the Ds games, I'll officially feel old.

Really, I'm only 20 and I already feel a little old now that a third remake to the series has been announced. An I've been playing since the very beginning.

Ugh, I'm 22, and I just now realized I'm getting old. I still remember the commercial for Ruby and Sapphire back when I was ten/eleven. I even still remember the day I got Ruby, which was a coincidence since one of the twins accidentally got a second Ruby version for I think his birthday (I'm pretty sure it was their birthday, they opened the presents at the same time), and he gave me the copy, and once the three of us got a GameBoy SP, we started the games at the same time to race each other to the end.

Memories of days past...

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
@Britney123

Mega Latias and Latios get released
Dive returns
The champion depends on version
Probably
I sure hope so (X and Y hardly had aftergame)
If remakes past are indication, then most likely
Same story, but with some changes sprinkled in
Each generation does this, always the first two don't have much post game content. Then the third installment/sequels release and always have more content post game. Never get your hopes up for massive content with the first games in the generation, wait for the third installment/sequels.

Status
Not open for further replies.