• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
plot twist: they're caught holding the other one's Mega Stone

so glad you don't work for gamefreak lmao

but anyway they weren't version exclusive were they? or was it in emerald where you were allowed to pick the color of the pokemon that was seen on TV?

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Precisely what I said a few pages back. You gotta remember these games came out almost twelve years ago. Most of the target pokemon audience wasn't even born. Around these forums too, I see a lot of people who say their first game was DPPt.

Yeah, and those ones are some of the more older players, too. Those of us who actually did start in Red/Blue are getting on in our years. Hell, we're almost middle-aged now.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
One imagines that after X/Y the regional Nintendo subsidiaries will have all of their distributors and retailers on bloody lockdown and notify them "if this hits the streets early, we will destroy you."

And yet invariably one store somewhere will do it anyway.

Several days before ORAS official release day, Nintendo learns one store released the game already. They prepare their super-duper-hoopa weapons to give judgment to the store which did it. Once they reach the store, a battle of epic proportions begins and ends at around 3 hours with Nintendo as the victor with the store completely destroyed.

When the cops arrive, Nintendo tells them they did this because the store was selling more Sony and Microsoft games and consoles than theirs and walk away from the scene like a boss lol

Things I want from these games:
- game corner
- contests (i liked them better than the 4th gen ones)
- secret bases
- 3 new mega evolution (sceptile, swampert, & sableye)
- dive areas with cool 3d views

As for seasons I dont mind not having them here. (They should have ben in XY though :S)
And as for customization, as a remake I dont mind it being absent. But I hope all future games have customization

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Sudden thought:

FRLG came with a wireless adapter, HGSS came with a pedo-meter thing.

What'll ORAS come with, if it comes with anything?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Came back to school, made a little check on serebii's main page...

YOU CANNOT- I literally DIED to this announcement! That's what I've been wishing for! THE HYPE. IT'S REAL.

Kyogre and Groudon just got cooler, let me tell you that. I really can't wait to go through Hoenn again, but this time with much better graphics. And I cannot wait to see the official artworks of the characters... I hope they keep their original styles to the maximum, but alter it with the new titles!
CONTEST IN 3D PLEASE.

I can't handle... omg...

EDIT: To the one who rep'd *faints*, let me faint with you...
*faints*

Last edited:

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
This is amazing news ^.^ With Emerald being my first game in the series I'm psyched!

Now, do I go with my first partner Blaziken or one of the others?

LopunnyBunny

: Please Shine
Oh my gosh, I'm SO excited about the new release. I can't really say that I'm surprised though. A Ruby/Sapphire remake was bound to happen not to mention all the "hints" X/Y gave us. When I first saw the covers I instantly liked Groudon, but I'll probably be buying both versions. I really hope Pokebank will work with these games. I'd love to transfer all my Pokemon over from my X/Y versions.

Looking forward to the following 6 months and weekly/monthly sneak peeks. :) Hoping For: (Off the top of my head) New Mega Pokemon, More Customization, Pokemon walking outside of their Poke Balls (HGSS), 3D Contests, Wifi Secret Bases, Etc.

confuser987 said:
Do you guys think more stores will sell the games early like X/Y release? I hope that they will be more diligent with this release issue.
Mr. Spock said:
Oh, I am evil, my sister-in-law works at gamestop, I bet I can get my copy early XD In all seriousness though, I don't really think that selling a game early is that big of an issue. I mean, its not like the company is not getting the money for they game, they just get it a little earlier then they wanted XD

Pokemon X/Y was never "released early". Some people just decided to sell the games to their buddies early which you can potentially get in a lot of trouble for. I wouldn't put your sister-in-law on the spot like that Mr. Spock, she can lose her job because of something like that. I'd just wait patiently like everyone else for the game on it's release date. :p

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Sudden thought:

Hmm, good point. Not sure what they really could do at this point though, the 3DS pedometer kind of made the pokewalker useless, the DS made the Wireless adapter useless...Maybe something to do with the TCG? I have absolutely no clue.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
It pretty much just mean 'new world' as in; 'you haven't seen Hoenn like this before because we have updated it.'

Well obviously. But don't discount the fact that it's been more than four years since the release of the last remake, ten years since Emerald, and twelve years since the original Ruby and Sapphire. The pre-schoolers that used to play those games back on the Advance (still have mine, btw) are now college kids. There are a lot of younger kids who haven't ever seen Hoenn in it's prime. They've only been able to look back through the looking glass, at dated graphics with only half the roster. For us it was brand new, fresh, exciting, and marvelous. For them it's ... old and dated.

Think of it like this. Last time Hoenn was "in", it was considered extravagant for kids to have their own personal cell phones, and there was no such thing as an iPod.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The systems themselves can do a lot now, so there may just be some side-app if they want to release anything else at all.

Technology's march never stops.

Though, the wireless adapter did eventually make it onto the DS, and the interactive pedometer did come to the 3DS...

Greek language-learning application that's built-in to the eventual 4DS?

confuser987

Hmm, good point. Not sure what they really could do at this point though, the 3DS pedometer kind of made the pokewalker useless, the DS made the Wireless adapter useless...Maybe something to do with the TCG? I have absolutely no clue.

How about an app in the E-shop that acts like a PokeWalker. You deposit your Pokemon in the app, and you shake the 3DS console as much as you can. The app can get annual updates with different pokes.

Technology's march never stops.

Though, the wireless adapter did eventually make it onto the DS, and the interactive pedometer did come to the 3DS...

Greek language-learning application that's built-in to the eventual 4DS?

GreeK language and Braille Language :D

Feline

Why?
BOBO THE MUDKIP WILL BE REINCARNATED!

Haven't been on Serebii in a while so PSYCHED! Yeah.....

Lady Umbreon

Sudden thought:

A sand shovel and a squirt gun. Because land + ocean = beach party!

I hope there's trainer customization. May fans please forgive me but I never liked her hair style. Maybe they'll let you buy the Emerald costumes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.