• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Well I think Serena and Calem had relatively simple designs that allowed them to be customized. May and Brendan's designs, though, are pretty much complete.
Though I wouldn't mind seeing customization again; I was more than pleased to have a selection of eye colors, skin colors and hair colors. :)

LopunnyBunny

: Please Shine
Of course, choosing May or Brendan and customizing them throughout the game is an option as well. Although clothing shops seems like more of a Kalos-Thing. (Beauty/Fashion) Not sure if that makes sense.

I've heard that there's plenty of fashion-consciousness in Japan, though, so there isn't any really good reason to believe it won't be back. Especially given that it functions something like an avatar system for Wi-Fi interaction.

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
This has been desired for a long time THANK YOU GF

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I reckon that May and Brendan will be the "standard" Trainer like Serena and Calem are, but you can customize their clothes and hairstyle along with skin colour etc. just like before. I can see them doing this, removing customization or having only customization, but whatever, I fully expect the standard May/Brendan to appear as your rival anyway.

I'm sure you can just change may and brendon's looks as well..

Of course, choosing May or Brendan and customizing them throughout the game is an option as well. Although clothing shops seems like more of a Kalos-Thing. (Beauty/Fashion) Not sure if that makes sense.

And we'll finally see what Brendan looks like without his hair-hat.

Aetius

Why they shouldn't implement characters' customization though?
Just because the character are brndon and May? I don't see the problem with it....

Hoenn remakes? Lets celebrate.

hoenn2_by_foxeaf-d7hioa6.png

Haha, they announced it in May.

I realised it says no Fanart. ;3; But I want to celebrate, eh?

Also I hope customization stays.

MDS777

The name's Riley
The best thing about the release of ORAS is that they come out in November, which so happens to be the month of my birthday (Nov 22nd). :)

I, too, would love to see some form of customization back. It was a nice feature in XY.

Ditto24

So I'm guessing this months Corocoro will just be a repeat of the announcement right? Maybe with a screenshot or two but I feel like thats wishful thinking

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Why they shouldn't implement characters' customization though?
Just because the character are brndon and May? I don't see the problem with it....

It's probably because the two are Brendan and May, especially since May was featured in the anime. Now true, Gary did get a redesign in the anime to fit Blue's FR/LG design, but he still looked similar. So if they do it to May, they'll have to keep her looking as similar to the original as possible. Brendan's more loose, but if Ethan still looked the same as he did from G/S/C, then Brendan may still look the same. Of course, the customization was always optional to begin with, so if they keep it in for the remake, I'm personally not going to complain. It honestly would be better to make new characters (like how Krystal was replaced with Lyra), but then that would throw a portion of the fandom on a little hissy fit for a bit.

Kind of a double-edged sword, in a way. So we shall see what they do with it.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It's probably because the two are Brendan and May, especially since May was featured in the anime. Now true, Gary did get a redesign in the anime to fit Blue's FR/LG design, but he still looked similar. So if they do it to May, they'll have to keep her looking as similar to the original as possible. Brendan's more loose, but if Ethan still looked the same as he did from G/S/C, then Brendan may still look the same. Of course, the customization was always optional to begin with, so if they keep it in for the remake, I'm personally not going to complain. It honestly would be better to make new characters (like how Krystal was replaced with Lyra), but then that would throw a portion of the fandom on a little hissy fit for a bit.

Except Game Freak doesn't care about the anime, it's up to the anime staff to adapt to what Game Freak does. Game Freak can and will do whatever they want.

Ditto24

Yeah, don't expect a whole lot, if anything.

Yeah I figured as much. But atleast release is only 6 months away as opposed to the 10 month wait for XY and hopefully we'll be less likely to endure that 3 month drought of news after the initial reveal. With remakes/sequels they've usually been less secretive about info but we'll have to wait and see.

LopunnyBunny

: Please Shine
I feel like the weekly/monthly sneak peeks will be more generous this time around. Since there ARE only 6 months as opposed to the 10 month wait for X/Y. Then again, I won't expect much the next CoroCoro in the next few days.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Literally my dream games. I have a real nostalgic link with Ruby and Sapphire so these actually have meaning to me unlike HGSS. I couldn't have been more shocked to see this announcement though.

6 months of the hype train is not a long wait either. Awesome.

momopeach

Serena is in the anime as well so I don't really understand. They can just include the two as the original characters, the opposite one being a rival, and let them be customizable.

Aetius

I still don't see the problem, but I do understand your position and your opinion on the matter. :D
However, just remember that also Serena appeared in the anime and yet they made her customizable in the games. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.