• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

master54100

I wonder, is there a possibility Pokémon Amie will be included, or would that just be XY exclusive?

will be interesting to see how sylveon works without it, could be related to beauty stat like feebas, but then that would imply feebas evolved with amie to which it doesn't.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
will be interesting to see how sylveon works without it, could be related to beauty stat like feebas, but then that would imply feebas evolved with amie to which it doesn't.

or it could just be unobtainable exactly like how glaceon and leafeon weren't obtainable in HGSS. they had to be traded over

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Maybe they'll make an item Eevee will have to hold when traded for evolution. Didn't they do that with Feebas?

blackterminator3

I am mega pumped up today and I can't wait to play in favorite region again. I have been waiting 3 long years to see this happen and now it is the chance. Can November come fast now? I want to play the game right now. Oh yeah the Twins...It's going to be a different story now. ;)

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
yeah that sounds most likely, or they could retcon it to use the moonstone.

Could be, though maybe not Moon Stone. For some reason, I see that stone as primarily for Normal-types (despite the Nido family evolving from it too). Maybe Shiny Stone or Dawn Stone instead; sounds more Fairy-like to me, though I understand where you are coming from with Moon Stone. :)

Raro

I REEEAAALLYY want my pokemon following me again but im not really sure what goes into adding the feature to the games can someone explain any reasons why they wouldnt add the pokemon walking with you thing?

Btw glad to be back on the hype train =)

It could possibly be too much for the engine to handle, or too complicated with the new sprites at this stage.
Although seeing as it isn't in 3D for the overworld it's possible!

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
yeah i guess that's possible to, but i cant see amie being the only way to get it forever, i cant even see amie being a returning feature beyond this gen to be honest.

for the time being I could see it being the only way but i could see them retconning it to leveling up at max friendship while knowing a fairy-type move
I love gimmicks like pokemon amie but I hate when they make evolutions or pokemon based on gimmicks when they're going to be removed later on. like seasons and deerling/sawsbuck.

speaking of seasons I wonder how it would work if they were to return seeing as to how the region is very tropical therefore it's hot and humid so I can't see snow being present anywhere at all at any time in the entire region.

WOW that just reminded me I can't wait to see that route with the falling ash next to fallarbor town in 3D (non-stereoscopic I know). it's gonna be beautiful. Kalos was the first region to be made in full 3D so as much as I try I can't picture what any previous region would look like in 3D

yeah that sounds most likely, or they could retcon it to use the moonstone.

come on now do you seriously believe they're going to retcon it to something that has been available since the first generation? that's ridiculous.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
come on now do you seriously believe they're going to retcon it to something that has been available since the first generation? that's ridiculous.

I don't see anything wrong with it. If it's a means for evolution, then sure.

Yveltal96

A little more human
So I am slightly confused as to what this thread is for there's not too much of an intro is this supposed to be a sheer speculation or a place to post "omg this is real"

Either way OMG FINALLY THIS IS HAPPENING!!!!!

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
why, they ret-conned several gen 1 pokemon into fairys already, and given what was changed moonstones now have a strong connection to fairys.

idk I don't think it's plausible at all but that's just me. I do agree that fairy types seem to have an affinity to the moon for some reason but idk. that would just bug me because for the previous 17 years a moon stone wouldn't do **** to eevee as if nobody has ever tried it before lol. the closest thing to that suggestion I can think of that has actually happened is from gen 3 to 4 where tangela, piloswine and yanma all evolved by learning ancientpower which they could do since gen 3 to no avail. but idk this is a 6 generation difference lol

sorry that's all off topic actually but for now I'll stick to my theory that if Amie is unavailable in ORAS (which I don't see it happening since it's based on a French pun and this is no longer Kalos) then sylveon will just have to be traded over.

I don't know if this means anything but sootopolis city is based off the Greek island of Santorini also known as Thera. if that's anything to go by, then maybe that's sort of a reason why they went with omega and alpha because in all honesty I don't get why the Greek add-ons, but I'm excited to find out regardless.
also good to note sootopolis city is where the titans originally clashed.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Plan on pre-ordering Alpha Sapphire, My brother plans on pre-ordering Omega Ruby. Gonna get them the night they come out!
SO much hype it's like pouring out of me insanely... Had a suspicion about a remake because most of the Megas were from RSE, a lot of people randomly mention Hoenn. Champion has a Mega Gardevoir. Themes have some RSE sounds to it. The mega stone emporium place has the music from (Correct me if wrong) the Poke mart from RSE. Also team flare looks like fancier Team Magma right?

mockingjay

swift and lol
RSE remakes I'm sure we all saw coming this year, but it's good to hear confirmation that it will (most likely) be a worldwide simultaneous release again.

November is going to be such a crazy month for me.

Master Ask

I am your Greninja
SO hyped!! But "new world" is annoying me... They better NOT change the map TOO much

Status
Not open for further replies.