• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late response regarding Groudon and Kyogre and why they look like the way they do on the box art. Until we know more within the coming months, I'm going to guess that these forms of them aren't megas. I mean, there's not much more added to them to make them look 'mega'. I know, mega-Kangaskhan doesn't have much different about it/added to it, just that the baby comes out if it's mothers pouch, but that it's gimmick.

I'm going to agree with these being formes like Origin Forme Giratina. These formes being Alpha Kyogre and Omega Groudon.

Aetius

Late response regarding Groudon and Kyogre and why they look like the way they do on the box art. Until we know more within the coming months, I'm going to guess that these forms of them aren't megas. I mean, there's not much more added to them to make them look 'mega'. I know, mega-Kangaskhan doesn't have much different about it/added to it, just that the baby comes out if it's mothers pouch, but that it's gimmick.

I'm going to agree with these being formes like Origin Forme Giratina. These formes being Alpha Kyogre and Omega Groudon.

Whetever they're Mega or not, doesn't change anything in my opinion.
After all we know that Groudon and Kyogre will get a power-up. :D

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I know, mega-Kangaskhan doesn't have much different about it/added to it, just that the baby comes out if it's mothers pouch, but that it's gimmick.

And even then, the baby changes considerably because it's the one that's Mega Evolving.

After all we know that Groudon and Kyogre will get a power-up. :D

inb4 no stat changes like Resolute Forme

Aetius

inb4 no stat changes like Resolute Forme
Wait, it's impossible that Keldeo didn't get any stats change in its resolute form or am I missing something. O_O
In any case it's way too obvious that Groudon and Kyogre will get either a megaevo or a new form.

D!3g0

This probably is off-topic and perhaps too early but, how many generations/pokemon games will we have in the 3DS console?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Wait, it's impossible that Keldeo didn't get any stats change in its resolute form or am I missing something. O_O

Nope, no stat changes. Resolute Keldeo is a purely aesthetic form.

This probably is off-topic and perhaps too early but, how many generations/pokemon games will we have in the 3DS console?

There is no way that we could know this right now.

Aetius

You mean in 2014-2015?
I suppose the Z version and plenty of spin-offs like Pokèmon detective.
But mine is just speculation. :)

Nope, no stat changes. Resolute Keldeo is a purely aesthetic form.

Whoa, I really didn't know that.
Thanks I've learned something new today. :D

Last edited:

Bariokie

rock dog
Hmm I heard that it could be possible that they would give the nfc platform together with it.
Not that big, easy to carry around, $$ for Nintendo.

I just had an really great idea that is for pokken fighters I'll make a thread right now! :)

D!3g0

There is no way that we could know this right now.

I was thinking of it beacuse we had 2 generations in the DS console and I'm not sure how much life the 3Ds is left with (I also bought my 3DS a few months before Y came out and I'm not really that enthusiastic about getting yet another handheld).

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
@ Aetius

Resolute Forme Keldeo, Active Mode Xerneas, Sawsbuck, Jellicent, and Florges are examples of Pokémon with more than one Forme that have no differences other than aesthetics (and are bigger than gender based dichotomies than say ♂ Rhydon's nose drill). Although, Keldeo does get Secret Sword in Resolute Forme, but you won't know it if you're playing against one in BW. Only in B2W2 will you know it has Secret Sword.

Groudon and Kyogre very well could just get simple aesthetic changes during battle, and I'm thinking it's when Drought and Drizzle are active/activate. They probably go back to the "normal varieties" when Drought/Drizzle peter out.

LordSerperior

@ Aetius

Resolute Forme Keldeo, Active Mode Xerneas, Sawsbuck, Jellicent, and Florges are examples of Pokémon with more than one Forme that have no differences other than aesthetics (and are bigger than gender based dichotomies than say ♂ Rhydon's nose drill). Although, Keldeo does get Secret Sword in Resolute Forme, but you won't know it if you're playing against one in BW. Only in B2W2 will you know it has Secret Sword.

Groudon and Kyogre very well could just get simple aesthetic changes during battle, and I'm thinking it's when Drought and Drizzle are active/activate. They probably go back to the "normal varieties" when Drought/Drizzle peter out.

Keldeo and Xerneas and to some extent Sawsbuck are the only one who can be compared to Groudon and Kyogre's condition. Jellicent just has a gender difference, don't think they can be called formes. Florges can't switch between forms, which is going to be the case with Groudon and Kyogre, it just evolves from a Flabebe that had a different coloured flower. However I agree, I don't see Groudon and Kyogre changing anything other than appearance

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

depends on how long Nintendo intends to keep it around

the DS rivaled the PS2 for the title of most successful game console ever, hence why it had such a long lifespan, meaning we got two generations of Pokemon on it

the 3DS is doing very well, but IIRC it's not doing as well now as the DS was doing at this same point in its lifespan

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Hopefully when they say worldwide release, this time they don't mean have the game unloaded in Canada first, give copies in advance to people who will leak out everything about the game over the internet, and then release it to the rest of the world

Rio!

Composer
Hopefully when they say worldwide release, this time they don't mean have the game unloaded in Canada first, give copies in advance to people who will leak out everything about the game over the internet, and then release it to the rest of the world

Except that was the warehouse/store's problem not particularly GF/Nintendo's fault.

Aetius

@ Aetius

Well, thanks for the extra info.
I do appreciate it! :D

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I was thinking of it beacuse we had 2 generations in the DS console and I'm not sure how much life the 3Ds is left with (I also bought my 3DS a few months before Y came out and I'm not really that enthusiastic about getting yet another handheld).

Well, considering how this generation has been fairly unprofitable for Nintendo, with the 3DS underperforming compared to past consoles and the Wii U absolutely struggling to have any sort of relevance, I'd say they won't last too much longer. I'm guessing 2016/2017 would be about right for a new console generation, which would make this an approximately 5 year console generation (which is about average).

That's also probably why ORAS is releasing this year as opposed to next year, they're gearing up for 7th gen on the 3DS' successor.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
That's also probably why ORAS is releasing this year as opposed to next year, they're gearing up for 7th gen on the 3DS' successor.

If that is to be the case, then I assume that they'll pop out Zygarde's game next year or the year after that before calling it wraps on Gen VI.

D!3g0

Well, considering how this generation has been fairly unprofitable for Nintendo, with the 3DS underperforming compared to past consoles and the Wii U absolutely struggling to have any sort of relevance, I'd say they won't last too much longer. I'm guessing 2016/2017 would be about right for a new console generation, which would make this an approximately 5 year console generation (which is about average).

This is pretty much what I didn't want to read. I hope they release 7th gen on the 3DS by 2017 (f the console is still alive by then).

Pilpulp

美的

This actually makes a lot of sense, and I can see it happening.

Then again, I think the forms would be a lot more plot related.

Status
Not open for further replies.