• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tf916

Parappa the Rapper
Hopefully the game doesn't get leaked out early and everyone around the world can get it at the same time! I'm really looking forward to these games. I know I will be preordering when that option is available!

Places are now taking Preorders of the game since last week i think.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
I don't think that the Weather Trio will get new Megas, they'll just get new forms.

1. Unlike the Lati@s Megas, they didn't have them in the game data in X and Y.
2. Adding Megas to the Weather Trio (ESPECIALLY Kyogre) would make them more broken than...something that's broken.

Thure

I don't think that the Weather Trio will get new Megas, they'll just get new forms.

1. Unlike the Lati@s Megas, they didn't have them in the game data in X and Y.
2. Adding Megas to the Weather Trio (ESPECIALLY Kyogre) would make them more broken than...something that's broken.

1. could be patched out. Maybe they don't include them to don't spoiler the remakes?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
1. could be patched out. Maybe they don't include them to don't spoiler the remakes?

Well Mega Lati@s was never supposed to be found, so it wouldn't be because of that. Masuda is also on record saying he wont use DLC to add content, he wants to ship games as a complete package.

Thure

Well Mega Lati@s was never supposed to be found, so it wouldn't be because of that. Masuda is also on record saying he wont use DLC to add content, he wants to ship games as a complete package.

DLC =/= patch ;) The game is complete. You just add a free patch to make it compatible with ORAS. A DLC would somethink like 'Pay 2 Dollar to get 50 complettly new pokemon!' or 'Pay 5 Dollar and you get a new region.'

I just want to point out that it would be possible too add new Megas in ORAS. and make it still compatible with XY.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
TBF lol we already know about 90% of the info anyway from the last games its just that 10% of possible new gameplay that everybody wants to see :p

Agreed. I'm sure most of OR/AS's new features will be revealed beforehand in CoroCoro and other sources anyway, so I'm not concerned about OR/AS potentially leaking.

R_N

DLC =/= patch ;) The game is complete. You just add a free patch to make it compatible with ORAS. A DLC would somethink like 'Pay 2 Dollar to get 50 complettly new pokemon!' or 'Pay 5 Dollar and you get a new region.'

I just want to point out that it would be possible too add new Megas in ORAS. and make it still compatible with XY.

You're right that a patch is not necessarily dlc
But if its pay-for or free, DLC is DLC.

It's not like a patch is really needed, Platinum's new formes could interact just fine with DPt. Same with BW2's new formes with BW1

elorasheppard

There is a date its coming out already... November 30th...

Do you have a link to the source of this information please? Who announced it?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
There is a date its coming out already... November 30th...

I believe there is no official release date yet. If there was, it should've been on the official websites and dedicated Pokemon fansites.

I think the date you saw is just a placeholder.
But if you think your source is credible, mind giving us a link?

If it's from Amazon. Don't bother. It's just a placeholder. Online retailers always does that with products without release dates.

R_N

DOn't bother with links, it's almost 100% a placeholder

It's the final day of November. Final days of months are about as common as the first days of months. It's the last possible day it can come out and they need a placeholder for preorders

Fayh

The long and short of it is that if they tack it on to the end of the 3DS' lifespan it would end up a filler generation that pushes back the transition from the 3DS to its successor. Look at 5th gen. BW1 launched at the tail end of the DS' lifespan, in fact internationally it launched AFTER THE 3DS' LAUNCH. Then we got BW2 about a year and a half later, and then went straight onto 6th gen in 2013. Not only was 5th gen cut short because it was released on dying hardware, but it also cut pretty far into the 3DS' lifespan before we actually saw a 3DS game. Furthermore, being stuck on current gen hardware limits what kinds of changes could be made to the game. 5th gen improved very little on 4th gen, most of the actual changes in the game stemming from a change in design philosophy that represented a step sideways or even a step backwards as opposed to a step forwards. And in 6th gen's case, there is one rather significant flaw in the hardware that I would not like them to prolong for another 5 years on the 3DS, and that's the lack of a controllable camera (which would require a second Circle Pad, which most likely won't happen until the next gen handheld). So, it would probably be a glorified Gen 6.5, adding very little besides new Pokemon and wasting everyone's time while they wait for a true next generation on the next handheld.
Lots of things you posted there are very subjective though.

I for one found the design in BW a big step forward compared to gen 4.

And I would absolutely HATE a controllable camera on a Pokémon game. I'd definitely enjoy a generation 7 on the 3DS.
So no, that would not "waste everyone's time.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Not sure if anybody posted it, but I saw this picture few days ago.
attachment.php

Seems fake to me.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 1,451

Thure

It depents on how nintendo/game Freak defines it. If it's a forced patch and add it for everyone I wouldn't call it a DLC. Otherwise you could call every bugfixing patch a DLC too.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
You're right that a patch is not necessarily dlc

It's not like a patch is really needed, Platinum's new formes could interact just fine with DPt. Same with BW2's new formes with BW1

But only in Local multiplayer. Therian formes were also banned in Global Battle Union.

As such, it is probably better for them to patch the changes in than disable the new things for sake of fairness this time around(fairness outside of VGCs and online tournaments that is, cause they will force the new games anyways), even though the latter has been the de facto route they have taken.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Hey all. I went by Gamstop today to preorder my games and the clerk said that the Street Date they have been given was November 11th.

R_N

It depents on how nintendo/game Freak defines it. If it's a forced patch and add it for everyone I wouldn't call it a DLC. Otherwise you could call every bugfixing patch a DLC too.
If you're actively adding new content to the game, that's dlc. My point was that DLC does not have to be what your examples were: Paying some amount of money for them.
Adding data for the theoretical new models and data and items for the new megas would be dlc

But only in Local multiplayer. Therian formes were also banned in Global Battle Union.

As such, it is probably better for them to patch the changes in than disable the new things for sake of fairness this time around(fairness outside of VGCs and online tournaments that is, cause they will force the new games anyways), even though the latter has been the de facto route they have taken.

You know, I've always wondered if you could just cheat the formes into being usable online. If they work locally, they should have worked online, too; maybe they were only disabled so you wouldn't have to second guess every rotom or whatever.

So I guess all that said it'd make more sense to force everyone to download the thing, yeah. Assuming the groudon/kyogre ... things... aren't just cosmetic &/or if there's actual new megas.

Status
Not open for further replies.