• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I absolutely love how they are starting to launch all the pokemon games worldwide now at the same time. I hated having to wait a year for the games to be translated.

We have that here in Canada, too. I believe it is only a North American thing.
Iirc BW2 was actually released outside of Japan on October after Japan got it in the summer. I think they were getting closer to Worldwide launches over time until XY.
I read on a Dutch website that the two games are going to be released on the 30rd of November. I assume it's not true?
Most likely a placeholder date.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Presumably, it'll be like HGSS, with elements of the third version folded into ORAS.

We all know that they 'll do that, the question is what elements will they take from Emerald. Seriously, if the Rayquaza storyline isn't included somehow (don't care if it's a bit different than in Emerald) it 'll be the first Pokémon main series games to skip. GF, show respect to the Sky Dragon!

Emily101

Froakie Trainer

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Not to mention in FR/LG breeding wasn't available until you've beaten the Elite 4 an get access to Island 4. Breeding was introduced in Gen II as well an could be accessed before the third gym. Chances are Mega Evolution won't get added until post game in OR/AS after beating the Elite 4, etc.
At least that's what I'm expecting, maybe we'll get a surprise visit from Prof. Sycamore with the Mega ring and a Mega Stone for our starter, or were just given it Prof. Birch that just randomly has it somehow or by some other way.

I expect the same. Fairy is just another type so that can easily be worked in because the concept of a type isn't foreign to RSE but Mega Evolution is an idea of it's own.

Prof. Birch could say something about being given it by his friend Prof. Sycamore or something.

We all know that they 'll do that, the question is what elements will they take from Emerald. Seriously, if the Rayquaza storyline isn't included somehow (don't care if it's a bit different than in Emerald) it 'll be the first Pokémon main series games to skip. GF, show respect to the Sky Dragon!

They can't ignore Emerald's storyline. I'm sure they've worked out the kinks to be able to present an adaptation of Ruby/Emerald and Sapphire/Emerald that works perfectly.

Last edited:

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
Iirc BW2 was actually released outside of Japan on October after Japan got it in the summer. I think they were getting closer to Worldwide launches over time until XY.

Most likely a placeholder date.

I think so, since they're not specific about it. Also, according to that website the games will each cost $40,00 which is around €29,31 (though I don't believe it since the Pokémon games from previous generations cost around €50,00).

Bariokie

rock dog
Other than gameplay pictures and maybe stuff about groudon and kyogre and new changes to the games I dont see any stuff being leaked.
In X and Y the stuff that was leaked was new pokemon,story line and typing changes.

Also , I dont see pictures being leaked since E3 is in like 8 days.
/
Does anyone know on what day nintendo starts presentating or do they already start presentating on the 2nd?

BCVM22

Nothing happens on the 2nd. E3 doesn't officially start until June 10. Nintendo's digital presentation is that morning, with other game-specific presentations following the next two nights.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
Hmmm, let's see...

Red/Green - February 27, 1996 (Tue)
Yellow - September 12, 1998 (Sat)

Gold/Silver - November 21, 1999 (Sun)
Crystal - December 14, 2000 (Thu)

Ruby/Sapphire - November 21, 2002 (Thu)
FireRed/LeafGreen - January 29, 2004 (Thu)
Emerald - September 16, 2004 (Thu)

Diamond/Pearl - September 28, 2006 (Thu)
Platinum - September 13, 2008 (Sat)
HeartGold/SoulSilver - September 12, 2009 (Sat)

Black/White - September 18, 2010 (Sat)
Black 2/White 2 - June 23, 2012 (Sat)

X/Y - October 12, 2013 (Sat)
OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire - November XX, 2014

The list above are the Japanese release dates of every main series Pokemon title.
Considering that the past several releases have always been set on a Saturday, I guess November 22, 2014 is more likely.
Since the originals were also released in November my guess was the 21st since it would be the 12th anniversary but the 22nd would be a lot more fun since it is my birthday :D

BCVM22

Arbitrary things like anniversaries aren't taken into consideration when release dates are chosen. The day of the week is the deciding factor, not the date.

Nockturne

Nothing happens on the 2nd. E3 doesn't officially start until June 10. Nintendo's digital presentation is that morning, with other game-specific presentations following the next two nights.

Eugh June 10th is the day i go on holiday.

Still I suppose it means there should be loads of juicy deets to dig my teeth into when I get back.

Elchar

I am shorting the wait by playing Emerald again.... but still, can't wait for the next batch of info.

elorasheppard

Leaks are going to happen. It can't be stopped.

It never has been stopped up to now :) But remakes tend to leak less as there is relatively less 'new' to leak. In my HGSS experience, the developers were happy to share a little more themselves as most of it was already known. I expect a lot of gameplay/visual teasers and not much of substance before release.

If they have nudged the storyline or anything major, I imagine they'll guard that and release some fluff pieces of spoiler news to keep us satisfied :)

Snivy18

I wonder what we will see in E3. I hope we could see the trainer walking at least.
I think that the trainer should look the same, but you can still customize it like in XY. Like for the Boy, I think that it's best just to leave the hat on, but to change the color, same thing with the Girl, that you can change the bandana.

confuser987

According to this article, retailers have sold Mario Kart 8 early proven by early picture posts and youtube videos of Mario Kart 8.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...the_tale_of_a_broken_mario_kart_8_street_date

Do you think Nintendo can make it so in the future to keep track what game is purchased early and which store it is bought from based on a post. Like adding a special serial code into the Game card coding say Pokemon ORAS in about 5 months.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
According to this article, retailers have sold Mario Kart 8 early proven by early picture posts and youtube videos of Mario Kart 8.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...the_tale_of_a_broken_mario_kart_8_street_date

Do you think Nintendo can make it so in the future to keep track what game is purchased early and which store it is bought from based on a post. Like adding a special serial code into the Game card coding say Pokemon ORAS in about 5 months.

No matter what they 'll do, there 'll be always a retailer that will sell a game early, unfortunately for them, fortunately for us. But your idea seems interesting, it could be implemented in the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.