• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are the second Generation VI Pokémon games, coming for the Nintendo 3DS worldwide in November 2014

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire, which launched in 2003 and were fan-favorite hits on the Game Boy Advance system. The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world.

rubybox.jpg
sapphirebox.jpg

Winona

~*~The Sky Tamer~*~

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Another worldwide launch eh? Glad to see they're sticking to that format after XY. I'm curious, compared to FRLG and HGSS' (remember the gold and silver balls?) announcements, how was ORAS' announcement?

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Interesting to know what Gen pokemon will be in it. obviously Ruby/Sapphire, but wonder if gens after that will also make an appearance.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
HG/SS was a great remake, so it'd be difficult to trump it.

Edit: But the fact that this announcement is exciting is hard to contest.

Edit: I guess we'll just have to sea what comes of this.

Edit: Hoenn

Last edited:
I'm so pumped right now! I started to be scared if we'll ever see this day come!

Chimchar15

I am a little surprised that we are getting these games this year. I thought it we wouldn't get more games until next year but I don't mind. I hope it comes out early November.

Firebrand

Indomitable
To be honest, I was never terribly amped up about the idea of RS remakes, but now that they're actually happening, all aboard the hype train!

When I saw the announcement, I'm like, this isn't a prank, right? But the youtube channel is official, and it's not like April Fools or whatever so, all right, let's freaking do this! Also, I think the "new world" may just refer to a re-imagined Hoenn with 3d graphics. That is to say, for all intents and purposes it's the same but for maybe a few new areas, but unlike previous remakes, which were just a bit of a graphical update, this one is going to look much different aesthetically from the Hoenn we know from the GBA games.

Also, @Nightshade, I'm sure there will be newer gen pokemon, but it's more likely than not that they will be in postgame areas. Which begs the question, where on earth will the new postgame areas be?

adamfitz

poké-lover
I'm sooo excited!
I was never a fan of gen3 and now I'm hoping I can get really into it
With 3d graphics and by the looks more megas
I have a really great feeling

3D CONTESTS!
hope they redo contests and make them that bit more interesting

julabard

Wow, hahaha i'm so excited! Hoping for loads of great new features and maybe new places!
I loved the old contests, can't wait to see them play out in 3d!

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
To be honest, I was never terribly amped up about the idea of RS remakes, but now that they're actually happening, all aboard the hype train!

When I saw the announcement, I'm like, this isn't a prank, right? But the youtube channel is official, and it's not like April Fools or whatever so, all right, let's freaking do this! Also, I think the "new world" may just refer to a re-imagined Hoenn with 3d graphics. That is to say, for all intents and purposes it's the same but for maybe a few new areas, but unlike previous remakes, which were just a bit of a graphical update, this one is going to look much different aesthetically from the Hoenn we know from the GBA games.

Also, @Nightshade, I'm sure there will be newer gen pokemon, but it's more likely than not that they will be in postgame areas. Which begs the question, where on earth will the new postgame areas be?

Yeah, that's what I think too, maybe it's the same region but a bit expanded like how they did with B2/W2. Also wondering if they really will add new M-Evos there, probably will but then that makes me think that for SURE it's not going to be M-Evos of Gen VI pokemon.

spiller

This is awesome, i cant wait to see some gameplay, i wonder if they will change some of the story or add new area's or some new 3rd gen pokemon will get mega evos. who will be the champion wallace or steven?

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I'm just so happy. I was just thinking earlier how I hope they announce SOMETHING at E3! BUT THIS ISFSKFJASJLKDA

k6666

Pikachu Fan
gonna guess this more like black and white 2 for ruby and sapphire
hope the contest back and battle frointer too
cant wait for the redesign gym leader and elite four

Status
Not open for further replies.