• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see the point in regular forms, though. Megas are the big thing nowadays, and they market it everywhere, so I dunno why they'd give them forms instead of megas.

Although I guess forms have the out of battle edge.

I'll tell you the difference, in formes, the stats are moved around and only slightly added to. Megas, add 100 to their base stats. . . let's just think about that real quick. . . Imagine Groudon and Kyogre with 100 more points in its base stats. . .

Now wake up from your nightmare.

Patches are a thing now.

Yes, but why would Lati@snite be in the coding then?

Nockturne

Really, I'm only 20 and I already feel a little old now that a third remake to the series has been announced. An I've been playing since the very beginning.

Im 19 and been playing since the beginning too, but when RSE came out I was still in primary school, which feels like ages ago. But DPP came out when I was in secondary which doesn't feel like that long ago (even though it was like 7 years ago, BUT IT DOESN'T FEEL LIKE THAT)

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Patches are a thing now.

Didn't think about that.
Well then... Mega Slaking with Huge Power pls, and give it Dragon Dance as an egg move just to break it even further.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
I'll tell you the difference, in formes, the stats are moved around and only slightly added to. Megas, add 100 to their base stats. . . let's just think about that real quick. . . Imagine Groudon and Kyogre with 100 more points in its base stats. . .

Now wake up from your nightmare.

Yes, but why would Lati@snite be in the coding then?
They did it for Mewtwo though, 680 regular Mewtwo, 780 it's M-evos.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Steven can hopefully have a purpose and mine Mega Stones.

YES. I mean, he had a purpose in R/S as the champion, but he did become obsolete when Emerald replaced his role with Wallace for whatever reason. Now would that mean Juan will be in the games as the last gym leader, or are they giving that back to Wallace?

Hey, does this mean Wally's coming back? Is he going to be a better character this time around, or what? And does this mean our rival isn't going to give up his/her journey before the seventh badge, so that way we get to see the damn final evolution?

[potentiality intensifies]

Godric

Petrew Petrew
Patches are a thing now.

Thank the baby Jesus for patches.

So remake or entirely new game?
I mean it does say "New Adventure" and "New World" in the trailer
Wonder if Groudon and Kyogre somwhow terraformed Hoenn D: Would be cool
I do miss having a base though

From the Pokemon website
Pokemon said:
Pokémon fans first enjoyed Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version when it launched in 2003 for the Game Boy Advance. Now, a whole new generation of Pokémon fans will experience the dramatic storyline that unfolds in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.
looks like the same story, just updated to current gen standards (hopefully)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope we still have trainer customization. I don't want to wear Brendan's hat.

Also Mega Sceptile and Swampert please.

WesleyEve

~Space Ninja Bunny~
Ahh Would have been cool to see a terraformed Hoenn
Well at least we get to see Hoenn on the current standards

ShachonianX

Spheal Lord
There is ONE MAIN THING I am hyped for.

The new Deoxys battle music. If you do that GameFreak, I will give you ALL OF MY MONEY!

However, why do Groudon and Kyogre look different? MEGA EVOLUTIONS?

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Wasn't quite expecting this announcement when I got home today but it is welcome nonetheless.

I'm intrigued by the way its said to be 'a fresh take on Ruby and Sapphire'. I wonder if this will dramatically change it or slightly change it?

Also, why are Groudon and Kyogre different?

So many questions, so little answers. Maybe new information will surface soon.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I hope we still have trainer customization. I don't want to wear Brendan's hat.

This slipped my mind for some reason. That would be cool to have customization, but in all honesty, I'm not sure if I personally would want this for these games. Unless the characters are two completely different characters, it would be really weird to customize May and Brendan. Even so, at least the customization is optional, so I'm not complaining either way.

Can't wait to see the Mach and Acro Bikes again. That'd be so cool in 3D, especially the perspective as you hop across those... white things with Acro.

Dad

For the Patriarch!
You shouldn't be allowed to trade between OR/AS and any of the past games. You know, for tradition's sake.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I forgot to mention.

MOVE TUTORS! Hopefully we'll get some for unused Pokémon like Delphox, Chesnaught (Drain Punch) and maybe Gourgeist.

Knock Off move tutors?!
Perish the thought!
Though Outrage+ Rock Head+ Head Smash Tyrantrum would be hella sweet.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Wasn't quite expecting this announcement when I got home today but it is welcome nonetheless.

I'm intrigued by the way its said to be 'a fresh take on Ruby and Sapphire'. I wonder if this will dramatically change it or slightly change it?

Also, why are Groudon and Kyogre different?

So many questions, so little answers. Maybe new information will surface soon.
They are not different. They just highlighted some parts.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I forgot to mention.

MOVE TUTORS! Hopefully we'll get some for unused Pokémon like Delphox, Chesnaught (Drain Punch) and maybe Gourgeist.

All of my yes! One thing I want for sure! It's something I really wanted to see, and some Pokémon really need help right now (Like the ones you mentioned)

Status
Not open for further replies.