• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I'll have to remember to keep an eye on the sales. I don't see it selling as much as X/Y (but it'd still be a financial success), but it will definitely sell better than the original games in 2003.
Really? I'd imagine that it would sell better than XY. Mostly because this one will have the fans hooked who just completed XY and the ones who loved Hoenn but gave up on Pokemon in the past.

They won't.

There's no coding for a mega Sceptile in X/Y which is probably compatible with these games.
Same goes for Swampert.

Last time I checked, they have not completely decoded everything in XY.

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Yes, but why would Lati@snite be in the coding then?

Well, we still have some months until OR/AS are released. It could be that distributing the Latios/Latias stones to X/Y could be some sort of pre-release event.

I hope we still have trainer customization. I don't want to wear Brendan's hat.

I get that!

. Last time I checked, they have not completely decoded everything in XY.
Based on what I've heard, no new Mega Stones except the ones for Latias and Latios are in the coding for X & Y. However, to take one example, there was coding for the stats of Origin Forme Giratina, but not its sprite. This allowed for it to battle with D/P, but it appeared just like any other Giratina. It is possible (not guaranteed) that something like this could be the case here.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Really? I'd imagine that it would sell better than XY. Mostly because this one will have the fans hooked who just completed XY and the ones who loved Hoenn but gave up on Pokemon in the past.

It probably will, I was more-or-less referring to the first weekend sales when comparing it to XY (I just wasn't very clear, sorry). HeartGold and SoulSilver sold very well, after all, so I can see it happening.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Well, we still have some months until OR/AS are released. It could be that distributing the Latios/Latias stones to X/Y could be some sort of pre-release event.
Or very much like they did with the Blaziken~ WITH the release of OR/AS depending on the version depending which one you can DL for free.

LordSerperior

Yes! Finally! I kinda guessed they'd be doing a RS remake before Z or whatever it is, but this year? This is awesome! Wally better be in the game with MegaGardevoir and I need Sceptile and Swampert Mega Evos and just cuz I want them so badly, Johto starter MegaEvos! Can't wait for hoenn in 3D

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
But in all seriousness with tutors, Slurpuff could use Fire Punch so he's not completely walled by bulky steels.
Play Rough and Return aren't doing him complete wonders, and Fire Punch gets rid of Avulagg after Rocks.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I thought I would be more hyped, but this honestly just comes off as blatant nostalgia cash grab. XY's story line was so poor and I always thought RS had a weak story and plot too, I doubt we'll ever get anything BW level again. But cashing in on copy paste with pretty graphics is not want I want.

wakbob

I totally knew this was happening!
UMG all the cities in 3D.
OMG can't hold excitement off.

They did it for Mewtwo though, 680 regular Mewtwo, 780 it's M-evos.

Yes, but Mewtwo is Mewtwo, he's "Special" just like Charizard was. I'd imagine they'd give every cover legend a mega stone if that were the case, and that's just a horrible idea. It takes away from the power of being a cover legend. I'm not saying it isn't possible, I'm simply saying, I don't forsee it being the case. Especially since their mega stones don't seem to be in the coding (not saying they can't add them).

Last time I checked, they have not completely decoded everything in XY.

They dumped all the data, they found everything there is to find on the games coding. Which is how they found Thousand Arrows and thousand waves.

No sign of any other mega stones.

Last edited:
AWESOME! Emerald is one of my favourite games! I'm looking forward to this so much! It just sucks that I have to wait for six months...

It does feel a bit strange. Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald don't feel old to me at all, so the idea of them getting a remake feels a bit strange to me. For example, Gold, Silver and Crystal did feel old to me, probably because I'm more of an anime guy than a game guy and because Gen II in the anime was part of the Original Series, and also just because Gen II feels like it's part of my really early childhood to me. Also, just because Gold, Silver and Crystal have old graphics and aren't connectable with any new generations, while Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald are still connectable with the current games when it comes to transferring (in three steps: RSE/FRLG to DPPHGSS, DPP/HGSS to BW/BW2, BW/BW2 to XY). The games that feel old to me felt more like they needed a remake to me, while I think it's less necessary for Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. But I still think it's awesome, and I'm really looking forward to this!

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Patches are a thing now.
Yes, and also, I seem to recall some kind of compatibility thing with giratina origin form not working in DP. I may be remembering that wrong though.

Also, people, don't forget, was the coding for the buffed up Groudon and Kyogre in XY? No. So there will be new things that are not in XY's coding.

EDIT: Yep, TFP mentioned the Giratina origin form thing, so I'm not crazy there XD
YES. I mean, he had a purpose in R/S as the champion, but he did become obsolete when Emerald replaced his role with Wallace for whatever reason. Now would that mean Juan will be in the games as the last gym leader, or are they giving that back to Wallace?

Hey, does this mean Wally's coming back? Is he going to be a better character this time around, or what? And does this mean our rival isn't going to give up his/her journey before the seventh badge, so that way we get to see the damn final evolution?

[potentiality intensifies]
Hmm, wally could use Mega Gardevior, and Steven could use Mega Aggron. Seems plausible. Sydney could use Mega Absol, Phoebe could use Mega Bannete. Not sure what the other two could use.

I hope we still have trainer customization. I don't want to wear Brendan's hat.

Also Mega Sceptile and Swampert please.

Not entirely sure that customization would fit in well with this game, but I probably wouldn't complain if it made it into the game.

Last edited:

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Yes, but Mewtwo is Mewtwo, he's "Special" just like Charizard was. I'd imagine they'd give every cover legend a mega stone if that were the case, and that's just a horrible idea. It takes away from the power of being a cover legend. I'm not saying it isn't possible, I'm simply saying, I don't forsee it being the case. Especially since their mega stones don't seem to be in the coding (not saying they can't add them).
Just one of those things we have to wait and see. Be it M-Evos or new forms, or just new style for them, I'm happy regardless with whatever they come up with.

I thought I would be more hyped, but this honestly just comes off as blatant nostalgia cash grab. XY's story line was so poor and I always thought RS had a weak story and plot too, I doubt we'll ever get anything BW level again. But cashing in on copy paste with pretty graphics is not want I want.

Don't be too sure. X & Y featured a man named AZ, and at one point he was called "the beginning and the end." Since these games include the letters "Alpha" and "Omega," I think you can connect the dots and see how there could be more story here.

bushie

hopefully it has more New plots and features than we had in hg and ss. I already know which version I'm picking

Arsène

All of this "in the coding" stuff you like to spout: it's complete noise. Therian formes for the Kami Trio weren't in the coding either, among with several new items in B2/W2.

Stop.

Grey Wind

That's a good point actually, I never thought of it that way. Although for the record, I don't think these "forms" are anything more than an aesthetic change to jazz up the box art, Maybe the glowing lines will be in their battle animations or something too.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
Well, this sure is interesting. Personally I would rather GF stick to new games and new ideas cause I really don't like remakes but I guess i'll stick around with this and see how it goes.

XXD17

Draco rex
Yes, and also, I seem to recall some kind of compatibility thing with giratina origin form not working in DP. I may be remembering that wrong though.

Also, people, don't forget, was the coding for the buffed up Groudon and Kyogre in XY? No. So there will be new things that are not in XY's coding.

EDIT: Yep, TFP mentioned the Giratina origin form thing, so I'm not crazy there XD

Hmm, wally could use Mega Gardevior, and Steven could use Mega Aggron. Seems plausible. Sydney could use Mega Absol, Phoebe could use Mega Bannete. Not sue what the other two could use.

Not entirely sure that customization would fit in well with this game, but I probably wouldn't complain if it made it into the game.

Mega walrein and mega salamence! >:D

Status
Not open for further replies.