• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
The 'explore a whole new world' thing makes me think that this will take place in contemporary Hoenn. Remember Gen 3 and Gen 1 took place at the same time, relatively speaking. To keep it compatible with XY, from a story perspective, having Kalos characters show up and be mentioned, they will have to be after the gen 3 events.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
*spits takes* OMFGWTFBBQ

I was not expecting RS remakes to be revealed this soon, I was almost certain we'd be getting nothing until 2015. Also, a fresh take on the remake formula as they seem to be implying here is welcome in my book, straight remakes tend to be a bit limited in the changes they can make. As far as Groudon and Kyogre, I was thinking they looked like new forms or Mega Evolutions, but comparing them with their original look seems to note that they look basically the same, but a bit glowy. This could be some kind of active mode form like Black/White Kyurem and Xerneas have as opposed to an actual form change. Either way, I can't wait to see more of this game, sounds exciting.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I feel so hyped about this. I never thought the day would come. Never been so happy to see hoenn confirmed covered all over my tumblr dashboard.

I think Pokemon ORAS will be out Nov 21, the same date it was released in Japan for the original Ruby and Sapphire. I can't wait to see the animation and characters of the game! It's so hard to contain myself with all this hype! >///<

Grey Wind

All of this "in the coding" stuff you like to spout: it's complete noise. Therian formes for the Kami Trio weren't in the coding either, among with several new items in B2/W2.

Stop.

Forms are different, though, because the Pokemon changes before battle. BW just recognised the therians as the kamis with different stats and abilities. Mega evolution actually happens during the battle, so idk if that would work coding wise. If they want ORAS to be compatible with XY then they'd have to be in the coding (a patch isn't impossible, but I don't see it as likely - what's the point of including the Lati megas in the code if they were going to update it for others anyway?).

Razmos

I have this sponge..
They are not different. They just highlighted some parts.
You are wrong, there are numerous differences.

Groudon: The spikes are bigger and a different colour, there are markings on its torso, the symbol on its arms are completely different, the pattern on the tail is completely different.

Kyogre: Different colours all over, the red is almost completely gone and replaced by blue, the big white blob above its eye is translucent and now has a line extending from it, the 4 wavy fins at the back now have a split in each, there is an entire pattern on its head that wasn't there before.

bushie

a new version every year is great for fans and business. keep it up.

Elchar

I think I am going to Exploud (ba dum tss) with overhype. I sure hope that "New World" means also new region besides Hoenn and maybe new Pokémon! (seriously, gneration 6 still needs more than 72 Pokémon)

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Forms are different, though, because the Pokemon changes before battle. BW just recognised the therians as the kamis with different stats and abilities. Mega evolution actually happens during the battle, so idk if that would work coding wise. If they want ORAS to be compatible with XY then they'd have to be in the coding (a patch isn't impossible, but I don't see it as likely - what's the point of including the Lati megas in the code if they were going to update it for others anyway?).

Well, if they were planning on releasing the Latis before ORAS then that would make sense. If they wanted to keep people from hacking XY and revealing ORAS then they would patch it after the games were announced/released.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
You are wrong, there are numerous differences.

Groudon: The spikes are bigger and a different colour, there are markings on its torso, the symbol on its arms are completely different, the pattern on the tail is completely different.

Kyogre: Different colours all over, the red is almost completely gone and replaced by blue, the big white blob above its eye is translucent and now has a line extending from it, the 4 wavy fins at the back now have a split in each, there is an entire pattern on its head that wasn't there before.

You're seeing things where there aren't, just saying.

All of this "in the coding" stuff you like to spout: it's complete noise. Therian formes for the Kami Trio weren't in the coding either, among with several new items in B2/W2.

Stop.

Yes, because they couldn't be used in BW. These would have to be able to be used in XY. The remakes are an entirely different entity than the 3rd installment or sequel in BW's case. The remakes have to be compatible with the main games.

Also, I'm simply using that as reason as to why it MIGHT not happen. I can express my opinion however I feel. And as long as it's a logical reasoning it can hold it's own regardless of whether you agree with it or not.

Don't talk to me like you're right and I'm wrong. I have reason to believe this, and if I'm wrong so be it.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The 'explore a whole new world' thing makes me think that this will take place in contemporary Hoenn. Remember Gen 3 and Gen 1 took place at the same time, relatively speaking. To keep it compatible with XY, from a story perspective, having Kalos characters show up and be mentioned, they will have to be after the gen 3 events.

Plus, we would have a baaaaaad case of Schizo Tech. Kalos is very advanced technologically, whereas Hoenn's technology in Gen III was comparatively primitive.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

That's not confirmed.

Only things that are confirmed is that RSE took place shortly before Ranger, which itself took place concurrently with DPPt.

Hopefully less sea routes.
Aw, I actually quite liked them.
You're seeing things where there aren't, just saying.
The changes they stated are there.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I think I am going to Exploud (ba dum tss) with overhype. I sure hope that "New World" means also new region besides Hoenn and maybe new Pokémon! (seriously, gneration 6 still needs more than 72 Pokémon)

Maybe we'll get some little side island or something.

also, it'll never happen, but c'mon mightyena evo!

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Yes, because they couldn't be used in BW. These would have to be able to be used in XY. The remakes are an entirely different entity than the 3rd installment or sequel in BW's case. The remakes have to be compatible with the main games.

Also, I'm simply using that as reason as to why it MIGHT not happen. I can express my opinion however I feel. And as long as it's a logical reasoning it can hold it's own regardless of whether you agree with it or not.

Don't talk to me like you're right and I'm wrong. I have reason to believe this, and if I'm wrong so be it.

True, but remember, Groudon and Kyogre are both getting buffed up, either by new forms or by Mega-Evolution, and neither of those are in XY's coding. So there WILL be things in ORAS that are not in XY's coding.

Elchar

Maybe we'll get some little side island or something.

also, it'll never happen, but c'mon mightyena evo!

I would be happy with Mega Mightyena, but you're right, Mightyena needs it.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
That's not confirmed.

Only things that are confirmed is that RSE took place shortly before Ranger, which itself took place concurrently with DPPt.

Aw, I actually quite liked them.

The changes they stated are there.

Does that mean we may not have new Mega 'mon?

wakbob

I'm just speculating, but here what I believe they are going to have.

1. Contest are coming back.
2. Both legendaries are mega's and the plot line will be around mega as well.
3. More areas.
4. Rayquaza will be easier to get and not those stupid put holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.