• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto24

I really like the simple addition of the Alpha and Omega symbols on them, respectively. They both look beastly on the artwork.

#TeamAlpha

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
The colour changes on Groudon's spikes and the pattern changes on the tail are definitely there too. You can see that its claws are right next to some of its spikes which are of different colour, it's not the angle or the lighting.
They wouldn't make a pokemon look THAT much different for the box art than what it is in the game, they have never done that.

Everything that I was seeing is right there.

If you say so, I'm not denying they're different, but I won't deny people are wanting to see more than there is from a picture that's just a possibly picture they'll use for the real released games.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
...Something just occurred to me. This time we will be going though Hoenn...with the Fairy Type. This is definitely going to be interesting.

Augh, don't remind me. Poison fang forever then.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Hum... I wonder how they'll deal Feebas Evolution, though?

Prism Scale, Beauty, or both?
I believe Beauty is carried over from DPPt, still, but...

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
Interesting thought, we call the gen 3 games Ruby and Sapphire. The new games are Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, not the other way around. So it's the end and a new beginning.

rocky505

You shouldn't be allowed to trade between OR/AS and any of the past games. You know, for tradition's sake.
What're you talking about? We'll be able to trade with XY obviously and they'll probably update Bank to allow use of them.

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
Should they make some towns and cities bigger?

Mauville city was pretty pathetic small :p

Well, as someone just posted the side-by-side views, at least with Kyogre, it looks like its more than just a cover-shine-up. Plus, I don't think they've ever done that with main series games, only Mystery Dungeon. Remember the last time they buffed up a main series legendary and slapped him on a cover? Giratina Origin form.

You're right, but they could be doing it to make the art work more appealing.
Haha, I'm not saying it's impossible or even improbable. I'm just saying I don't see it.

If those are new forms, or megas, they're pretty disappointing when compared to their peers.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
If those are Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre on the Box art, I suspect we would get Mega Rayquaza to complete the Trio.

Also Hoenn was my favorite region so, very excited for this :D

3D Battle Frontier wil be Awesome.

I expect the Game Corner, will be replaced with voltorb Flip 2.0 though. which is disappointing.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
Dear Arceus, IT'S HAPPENING!

Finally, a big slap to all non-believers like HG/SS was. Artwork is beautiful; thinking of playing a new game in Hoenn with my post generation 3 team is a dream come true :'(

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Hum... I wonder how they'll deal Feebas Evolution, though?

Prism Scale, Beauty, or both?
I believe Beauty is carried over from DPPt, still, but...

Well, hmm, good question. If they have pokeblock's and contests then I'd say beauty is a very real possibility, but I suppose if you transfer over a prism scale from XY (assuming that's possible) I would think it'll still work.

Fexus

explrsqe
Design Speculation of Kyogre and Groudon

So a friend and I have noticed some interesting things about the deliberate cosmetic changes on the box legends, and I don't think anyone has posed this yet.

NPNdZA7.jpg

Notice, under the glass-like surface of Kyogre's fin, is an obscured Team Aqua symbol, among the other ominous design details. This suggests Aqua's manipulation of the legendary for their own purposes.

4JT4rmT.png

Correspondingly, I looked for a Team Magma emblem on Groudon, which may be obscured under the logo, on the leg, or out of sight on Groudon's back. Additionally, the deliberate change of Groudon's white teeth and spikes to black marks an obvious theme of evil or corruption, most likely from Magma's manipulation or interference.

My friend and I realize that this is all mere speculation, but we're confident that this is a fairly accurate train of thought.

Sunsurge

.:Judgement:.
Ah! It's happening?! I never expected Ruby & Sapphire to get remakes (nor did I very much care!). Third gen was my least favorite, though it was probably timing. It was the first gen I didn't pick up Pokemon immediately (I was "too old" for it), so I got to it super late, so while I enjoyed it, there was no nostalgia behind it, and it was the first time I had NO friends who were into Pokemon to talk about it with, so I played the game on weekends, by myself. (I got back into Pokemon 4th gen, because my little brother picked up Pokemon so we did it together-and I've followed it since then.)

But thinking back, I did enjoy the generation, and the region itself was pretty cool! Kyogre was/is my FAVORITE of the two. That and Sapphire was the game I found (which is the ONLY reason I even knew about this generation-someone left it on the ground so I took it--oops). And even now Kyogre still looks awesome, but then there's Groudon! Now I'm torn between which one to get.

Kyogre is def. differently designed, though it looks more like an update than a mega form. But Groudon looks the same to me. Better drawn (with a few stylistic flourishes), but still pretty much the same. Either way, I like the new designs on both. And now I'm excited again. =D

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
So a friend and I have noticed some interesting things about the deliberate cosmetic changes on the box legends, and I don't think anyone has posed this yet.

Notice, under the glass-like surface of Kyogre's fin, is an obscured Team Aqua symbol, among the other ominous design details. This suggests Aqua's manipulation of the legendary for their own purposes.

Correspondingly, I looked for a Team Magma emblem on Groudon, which may be obscured under the logo, on the leg, or out of sight on Groudon's back. Additionally, the deliberate change of Groudon's white teeth and spikes to black marks an obvious theme of evil or corruption, most likely from Magma's manipulation or interference.

My friend and I realize that this is all mere speculation, but we're confident that this is a fairly accurate train of thought.

They have posted it, yes.
It's also artwork to make it fancy and even more, the A and the symbol on groudons arm are the Omega and Alpha symbols. Not just team aqua.

Ditto24

Interesting thought, we call the gen 3 games Ruby and Sapphire. The new games are Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, not the other way around. So it's the end and a new beginning.

It's probably because of Groudon and Kyogre's markings. They suit it better this way. Groudons arms are Omega and Kyogres fins are Alpha markings.

Last edited:

Elchar

I am looking forward to more info and to some footage, I doubt sleep will come easy today... I am hyped as hell.

NPNdZA7.jpg

4JT4rmT.png

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. I'm actually really curious how the evil team is going to play a role this time. I'm assuming that it's Aqua/Magma, but how will their story carry on?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. I'm actually really curious how the evil team is going to play a role this time. I'm assuming that it's Aqua/Magma, but how will their story carry on?

I'm still interpreting it that it's merely RS in 3D with a few new areas, so not much, maybe.

Although the plot may change, I don't think it will do so all too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.