• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raro

Ah, I see. Good to know. I just haven't heard any news about the next PMD and I'd really like for them to come back. The most recent one was a huge flop in my opinion. :( (The beautiful graphics were one of the only positive things for me)

I'd really like another PMD game as well.
If you could take the graphics from the most recent one and combine it with the amount of content from the originals then it would be perfect!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I was so surprised to see the next game of the main serie being released barely a year after the previous one. That's insane. Isn't it the fastest gap yet !?
I'm glad it's once again worldwide. 6 month is really not long! I hope they're working seriously on it, though; I don't want the early dates to rush the making of this game.

BCVM22

I hope they're working seriously on it, though; I don't want the early dates to rush the making of this game.

They didn't just decide today on a November release. If that's what they've announced, then the games have been in development for more than long enough.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
I hope that the worldwide release isn't screwed up like it was for X and Y prolly not a problem Nintendo did but still I couldn't stay away

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
They didn't just decide today on a November release. If that's what they've announced, then the games have been in development for more than long enough.

They might have been holding out on releasing it at a later time, but due to recent reports of nintendos financial situation, might be more inclined to release it to increase sales and get some money back since Wii-U is bleeding them dry (They've lost $228m+ the fiscal year of 2014)
I hope that the worldwide release isn't screwed up like it was for X and Y prolly not a problem Nintendo did but still I couldn't stay away

how was X/Y screwed up? I bought the game, put it in the 3DS and played to my hearts content from there till now lol

Monk3yBu11

PKMN BREEDER/Gamer
Yes! I just finished emerald and I am so ready to do it again!

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
I just want to say, I FINALLY GET TO SEE MUDKIP AGAIN! And not only it, but the legendaries and the teams were some of the most entertaining ones in the main Pokémon series for me. Even if people complain about Gen VI mechanics, I think they were at least entertaining like a game should be, and they will likely fit into the Hoenn atmosphere very well. (So much SURFING!)

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
but due to recent reports of nintendos financial situation

implying that this is new

implying that Nintendo themselves had no idea they were losing money

implying that November isn't inherently an excellent release date for such a cash cow franchise anyway

how was X/Y screwed up? I bought the game, put it in the 3DS and played to my hearts content from there till now lol

Copies were leaked to the general public before the official release date.

People were hurt. Blood was spilled.

BCVM22

They might have been holding out on releasing it at a later time, but due to recent reports of nintendos financial situation, might be more inclined to release it to increase sales and get some money back since Wii-U is bleeding them dry (They've lost $228m+ the fiscal year of 2014)

Nintendo has money in amounts we can barely even wrap our heads around and the continued failure of the Wii U is not going to damage them in the long run. They would not do something as short-sighted as rush a core title in one of their flagship franchises just to compensate for something that they will have no trouble absorbing and recovering from longterm.

how was X/Y screwed up?

Retailers in other countries broke the street date by a wide margin. Not Nintendo's fault, but it did pop the balloon of "everyone gets it at once!"

Coller23

Aggron Extraordinair

It's not like the release date for games are decided on a dime. It's planned as the game is developed and made.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
implying that this is new

implying that Nintendo themselves had no idea they were losing money

implying that November isn't inherently an excellent release date for such a cash cow franchise anyway

Copies were leaked to the general public before the official release date.

People were hurt. Blood was spilled.

Never said they didn't know, no implications anywhere either. But Pokemon is a game for them that always gets them money without fail and would move 3DS consoles a bit more for them.
and lol at how that would be even considered "screwed up"

-Edit-
Oh I see now what you mean about how that was a "screw up", guess that would be constituted as one but as you say, that's not really Nintendos fault, they can't control when the other places sell them even if Nintendo themselves puts a set date they have to sell them at.

@Coller23: but doesn't mean they can't put a more advance date if the need arises

Last edited:

sheld999

they haven't said its gonna be hoenn yet if they did they would of said welcome back to hoenn instead of a new world new adventure

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
they haven't said its gonna be hoenn yet if they did they would of said welcome back to hoenn instead of a new world new adventure

No, it is definitely Hoenn. If it wasn't Hoenn they would be called Ruby and Sapphire and it would be a new generation. They don't need to say it's Hoenn, it's obvious what it is.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

Does the fact that it's using the name and featured Pokemon from Ruby and Sapphire not inherently imply Hoenn?

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Yeah, no, it's Hoenn. Just a remake of it, and as it's been discussed up and down in these 30 pages, not everyone was around when these games came out so it's a new world to them regardless of whatever they update on it for older generation people.

sheld999

well in leaf green fire red heart gold soul silver they said welcome back to the kanto region etc like they woul;d of said in trailer welcome back to hoenn region.. but they must of not say that since the hoen region might of changed the map etc

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
well in leaf green fire red heart gold soul silver they said welcome back to the kanto region etc like they woul;d of said in trailer welcome back to hoenn region.. but they must of not say that since the hoen region might of changed the map etc

You are reading so much farther into this than you should be. It's going to be in Hoenn.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz

Its Hoenn... FRLG - Kanto / HGSS - Johto / ORAS - Hoenn = Common sense

they said new adventure because for most people it is...

the original games came out back in 2003 (in the uk)... its now 2014 for the kids that played the original this is a fun remake BUT for the gen 4 - 6 generation they have never played this game and that is who its aimed at really

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
After moving stuff all day long and sweating my brains out, this was the best news to come home to. :D

I wonder why Groudon and Kyorge look so different? :eek:

I claim OmegaRuby!

Status
Not open for further replies.