• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Same here. I've noticed quite a bit of November babies on here recently.

You're kidding, right? It even had the original Ruby in the case! It was obviously a joke.

I have to settle for the pre order for my birthday next week >_> alwell

elorasheppard

Same here. I've noticed quite a bit of November babies on here recently.

You're kidding, right? It even had the original Ruby in the case! It was obviously a joke.

A good joke tho :)

I do hope that we at least get to see an overworld gameplay trailer soon. Just our character running around route 101 or petalburg woods would be awesome

blackterminator3

I so can't wait for this game. Sad my sister won't be joining me in doing the thing together that we did a decade ago but whatever. I am getting both as in tradition to carry on. My starter for Omega Ruby will be Torchic of course and for Aqua Sapphire will be Treecko. This is going to be great in Nov.

DSDark

Breeder
Just pre-order my copy of Alpha from Amazon. So pumped!

Jessie_James

I have returned!
I don't want summer to go by to fast...but I want November more atm ^^ my guess will be the 8th or 15th of November

My Checklist-
Hypped Up -oh yeah-
Preorder both games -complete-

C O C O

DAMN I'm SOOOO pumped and crazy for this game
that I actually forgot how I managed to wait patiently for X and Y.

For a release date, I wouldn't be surprised if it get's released on the same day the original RS came out (November 21st).

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
For a release date, I wouldn't be surprised if it get's released on the same day the original RS came out (November 21st).

Hmmm, let's see...

Red/Green - February 27, 1996 (Tue)
Yellow - September 12, 1998 (Sat)

Gold/Silver - November 21, 1999 (Sun)
Crystal - December 14, 2000 (Thu)

Ruby/Sapphire - November 21, 2002 (Thu)
FireRed/LeafGreen - January 29, 2004 (Thu)
Emerald - September 16, 2004 (Thu)

Diamond/Pearl - September 28, 2006 (Thu)
Platinum - September 13, 2008 (Sat)
HeartGold/SoulSilver - September 12, 2009 (Sat)

Black/White - September 18, 2010 (Sat)
Black 2/White 2 - June 23, 2012 (Sat)

X/Y - October 12, 2013 (Sat)
OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire - November XX, 2014

The list above are the Japanese release dates of every main series Pokemon title.
Considering that the past several releases have always been set on a Saturday, I guess November 22, 2014 is more likely.

Now that I see that, yeah, being released on a Saturday does seem more likely now. To keep up with the trend.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I too think it'll be on a Saturday, so we have five dates to choose from:

1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th. I'd probably bet that it's either the 15th or 22nd, seeming they seem to like releasing games mid-month!

The Mustache

If it releases on a Friday then it releases on Friday as soon as whatever store selling it is open. They don't wait until a certain time of day.
yes they do. if the company says so they do. besides I think they made that already in countries with the x y release

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
yes they do. if the company says so they do. besides I think they made that already in countries with the x y release
They only control on what day it's released, it would be impossible to restrict all stores around the world to sell it all at a specific time.
X/Y was released worldwide on the same day but due to different time zones people from other countries received the game before other's.

Akashin

You're going to need to cite an example of what you mean. XY's launch wasn't restricted to a certain time of day, nor was the release of any other game I've ever heard of.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
How do you guys think Christmas fares into the release of ORAS? Is an end-of-the-month release more likely to earn more purchases for the upcoming Christmas season? Or does it not really matter if it's released at the beginning or end of the month; they'll still get an equal number of Christmas purchases just because it's November?

Firebrand

Indomitable
I do hope that we at least get to see an overworld gameplay trailer soon. Just our character running around route 101 or petalburg woods would be awesome

The widely held hope I think is that we'll see something like that at E3. Probably not an actual gameplay demo, but certainly a trailer longer than just the camera panning around Groudon and Kyogre roaring up at the sky.

How do you guys think Christmas fares into the release of ORAS? Is an end-of-the-month release more likely to earn more purchases for the upcoming Christmas season? Or does it not really matter if it's released at the beginning or end of the month; they'll still get an equal number of Christmas purchases just because it's November?

I don't really think the time of the month would factor into it so much. However, I do think being released so close to the holidays will show as an uptick in sales early in the release.

I haven't actually been on this thread in a while, and I was wondering... a while back we saw that aforementioned footage of Groudon and Kyogre from Pokemon GetTV (that's what it's called, right?). When XY were in prerelease, every bit of footage or reveal was shown internationally within a day or two of it's unveiling to Japan. Was that footage ever shown internationally, like on the Pokemon Youtube channel or whatever? It doesn't really make a difference, I'm just wondering.

Also, E3 and Corocoro are within a few days of each other. I'm wondering if the same things that get unveiled at E3 will be what's shown in Corocoro, or if we'll get the E3 info and then a few other new things in Corocoro.

Status
Not open for further replies.