• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I highly doubt that Nintendo would punish all of Europe and Canada because some stores broke the street date. Street dates get broken all the time it will probably still happen in the future so whatever reason they have for the delay I pretty sure it isn't because of that. Also chances are the Canadian release date is the same as the U.S since we always have the same release date.

While that very much may be the case, you can't deny it's a little strange that Canada is the only country with no set release date announced yet and Europe is the only continent to get the games a week later, and they just happen to be the two regions which were publicly revealed to have the games earlier than expected, even though probably ever region got it early in some aspect.

But I don't think we need to start this whole debate again.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly, if it was on the same day, it makes no sense to hide it in my opinion. It seems obvious to me at least that it could very well come out on a different day.

The other day, I went to EB games to see if ORAS were available for pre-order, but they weren't. Even the person who I talked to was surprised that it wasn't made available for pre-order already.

Anyway, my question is, could this have anything to do with Canada not getting a specified release date?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The other day, I went to EB games to see if ORAS were available for pre-order, but they weren't. Even the person who I talked to was surprised that it wasn't made available for pre-order already.

Anyway, my question is, could this have anything to do with Canada not getting a specified release date?

If your from Canada, I guess it could. I would think they would need to know the release date fist before pre orders. However I've never pre ordered a game so I could be totally wrong.

manaphee

新たなる誓い
I'm assuming Canada's release date is going to be the same as the US. Their rating system is the same so there shouldn't be much trouble there. It's probably just an oversight by whoever updates the websites.

If your from Canada, I guess it could. I would think they would need to know the release date fist before pre orders. However I've never pre ordered a game so I could be totally wrong.

Yep, I'm from Canada.

I kind of thought that had something to do with it. :)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm assuming Canada's release date is going to be the same as the US. Their rating system is the same so there shouldn't be much trouble there. It's probably just an oversight by whoever updates the websites.

That's a pretty big oversight. Especially since the site was just updated with the Sableye stuff.

Pilpulp

美的
I can understand why it was bad when X&Y got leaked by retailers, because they were trying to hide all of the new stuff for release day... But looking at this Hoenn Map, there's not very much to hide for ORAS, I mean, we all know that Swampert/Sceptile/Blazeiken are the 3rd Evolutions of the starters, meanwhile for X&Y that was one of the biggest spoilers (recall Greninja). They're remakes, so they shouldn't be as antsy this time. If they crack down on game retailers a bit more, they prevent it from happening as frequently, and maybe push the leaks a bit closer to the release date. (I know its not that easy, but couldn't they just wait to ship the games to Canada and Europe maybe a bit after they ship them to the rest of the retailers? I don't know much about this sorta thing so I could be quite far-off with this idea)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Do we even know that is the reason why Europe gets it later? As far as I know that's just a theory, right?

They haven't given any reason as to why Europe and Canada are getting it later and they most likely won't. It's all speculation really.

As I am from the UK, and therefore a European in this context, I feel greatly let down by Gamefreak, as I'm sure others are too. If Gamefreak and Nintendo wanted to stop another leak, I doubt they would push the game back a week for the European market due to certain businesses (they were Spanish and Italian for X and Y last time I checked)going ahead and giving it out early. The Spanish had a national holiday, so it was obviously going to be distributed earlier rather than later when compared to the planned release date, and I'm sure the Italian ordeal was solely a sole trader going against the curb - which would also help them gain more money from an earlier than planned release. It was planned to come out on a Saturday, so obviously Amazon was going to deliver it on the Thursday and Friday before the planned release date. I'm sure if it were such a big deal for them, GF and Nintendo would have had investigations carried out and would suspend supplies to this businesses in particular. Again, I doubt that a whole continent will get punished for what was a national holiday and a good piece of business on the behalf of the Italian business. At the end of the day, it's about money, and it's most likely a commercial plan from the dogs up top to generate more and more money. Also, I've head it could be down to localisation, but I highly doubt that they would leave it so late, and in fact I'm positive the games are either completed or going through localisation processes right now. Let's not forget how far ahead the big dogs are, guys.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
and in fact I'm positive the games are either completed or going through localisation processes right now. Let's not forget how far ahead the big dogs are, guys.

They are still completing the game (at least I'm comparing to past Pokémon games) since many textures and designs they show now usually are different once the game is released.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Even if it is different, it's not gonna be any more than a week like the European release. I don't think it's gonna end up being different anyway.

If Canada ends up getting it later than the 21st, I don't mind waiting. As long as I get my game at some point, I'll be happy. :)
But, I'm still going to assume it will be November 21st like the rest of NA.

gamer_legend

If Canada ends up getting it later than the 21st, I don't mind waiting. As long as I get my game at some point, I'll be happy. :)
But, I'm still going to assume it will be November 21st like the rest of NA.

Probably. The US and Canada normally have it on the same day or within 24 hours of each other at least. The UK receives it's game releases on Friday unless it's a midnight release.

Status
Not open for further replies.