• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebevan91

Is anyone else doing this? Physical for X/Y and digital for OR/AS or vice versa?

Right now I have a digital copy of X, so I'm going to get a physical copy of Omega Ruby so I can use the Pokebank feature without having to switch carts. I can carry 2 games on my 3DS at a time by doing this.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Nope. Physical copy for me. Omega Ruby first. No plans for Alpha Sapphire yet.

That reminds me, I haven't pre-ordered yet. Somewhere in July I will.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
I wonder if they'll do preorder bonuses this time around. XY got that lame poster.
It seems like they're getting cheaper and cheaper with their preorder bonuses, even though they're gonna make HELLA bank off of this.
yet again, it depends on the store and stuff. Hm.

Physical copies for me as well.

It usually go like this for me: pre-order one version (AS in this case), and then at some point down the road I buy the other one (in this case, OR)
Been doing this since Gen V.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I've been buying most of my 3DS games digitally. Keeps the whole library on a single SD card, and there's no hassle of boxes and physical Game Cards.

It's not like I'd ever sell a Pokemon game, anyway.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I wonder if they'll do preorder bonuses this time around. XY got that lame poster.
It seems like they're getting cheaper and cheaper with their preorder bonuses, even though they're gonna make HELLA bank off of this.

I'd really like to see some nice preorder bonuses, having the figures return would be nice.

As for physical VS digital, I still buy physical for all Nintendo stuff since they still have no idea what they're doing for online.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I remember they had golden collector's coins as pre-order bonus for Ruby & Sapphire. It would be nice if they do that again for the upcoming remakes.

But the return of figures would be good.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I always buy physically, and I'll probably buy Alpha Sapphire just for the exclusives (like Sableye) but I'll buy Omega Ruby probably after Christmas too.

I'm not too fussed by pre-order bonuses (I don't think I got any for XY). I'll be buying the games from the same place though, seeming I got X&Y around 3/4 days earlier (despite me being in Europe so I'll be getting them anywhere from a few days after US release up to a week after)

I'm waiting for later in the year to pre-order though (Probably my birthday in August) 'cos the price usually goes down for a short while around then!

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I am going physical copies. I want to save some of hte room for A Digital Download for something that is only Digital. I have already pre ordered and paided off both OR And AS. Now all I am doing is waiting for the 21st.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I am going physical copies. I want to save some of hte room for A Digital Download for something that is only Digital.

Get a bigger SD Card. 8 GB is cheap, and more than enough for what most of the people in this thread would probably end up using.

Sailor Saturn

Master of Silence
I'm going to be getting a physical copy. I'm going with Alpha Sapphire. The original Sapphire was the game that made me a Pokemon fan. And I'm going with the starter I had in that one as well...Mudkip. If I get Omega Ruby I might go digital for that one. Haven't decided whether I'll get both yet.

Pilpulp

美的
I like to get physical copies of my game, dunno why I should change that I guess... But I wish I lived just a tad closer to the U.S so if it is later for us Canadians I could still get it but alas

I'm calling they're gonna give out real life Pokenav's that have google maps on them (remember that April fools google thing, well it wasn't just for April fools) /s

Last edited:

Snes91

Im going with a Physical copy to save space on the SD card.Ill also be going with Alpha Sapphire cant wait to here more info about it. I havent pre-ordered it yet may do that next month.

EonDragonFTW

One thing i find interesting is how XY, iirc, were all released worldwide everywhere on the same date (well there were the stores here and there that broke the street date, but whatever) but ORAS have different dates for Europe and Canada.

I'm interested in why this is, cuz i thought after XY, worldwide releases would be the standard, but apparently not

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
One thing i find interesting is how XY, iirc, were all released worldwide everywhere on the same date (well there were the stores here and there that broke the street date, but whatever) but ORAS have different dates for Europe and Canada.

I'm interested in why this is, cuz i thought after XY, worldwide releases would be the standard, but apparently not

We all thought the same, and there are several different theories as to why it is this way. All I'm saying is they've done the worldwide release and it (arguably) worked, so I find it amusing that they aren't doing it this time.

Alishere

Technically, the release of ORAS is "worldwide" since nothing in the definition of the word requires them to be released at the same date. And if I recall correctly, all they ever said was that there would be a worldwide release occurring in November 2014 so they didn't lie, though I can understand why one might assume the games would have a simultaneous release date worldwide.

EonDragonFTW

Technically, the release of ORAS is "worldwide" since nothing in the definition of the word requires them to be released at the same date. And if I recall correctly, all they ever said was that there would be a worldwide release occurring in November 2014 so they didn't lie, though I can understand why one might assume the games would have a simultaneous release date worldwide.

oh no i wasnt complaining, i was just making an observation.

Still, at least Pokemon as a franchise has come to the point where these main series games can all be released in relatively short times to each other

I'm going physical for preorder stuff and because Nintendo Eshop can be pretty finicky when it wants to be.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'm going physical for preorder stuff and because Nintendo Eshop can be pretty finicky when it wants to be.

Other than a slowdown from the midnight rush when the games are first released, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the eShop as is if you're just looking to download a single specific game; they wouldn't put it through maintenance during the release of a major title or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.