• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photonkrios95

Curious what retailers using their internal databases to send out the codes means.

Is it just people who have already pre-ordered the games/made other pokemon related purchases?

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
WOW! Pokemon is making sure everyone gets this demo. Its like every store and every other way is going to be open to people. They are hyping this demo. All I have to say is give us the American Info please.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
WOW! Pokemon is making sure everyone gets this demo. Its like every store and every other way is going to be open to people. They are hyping this demo. All I have to say is give us the American Info please.

unfortunately i haven't found any info about the american demo nor its date, the only ones we have so far are mostly are in the europe & uk with the earliest on october 11/12 (netherlands) following that is switzerlands which will have it on the 15th of october ( though the demos will be shown as early as oct 1 or 2)

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass

I wonder why they don't just put te demo in the E-shop... In the Netherlands you gotta pay to enter that First Look event >_< And no idea what the autumn tour may be Dx

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Mexico is going to be forgotten so hard it will hurt.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Curious what retailers using their internal databases to send out the codes means.

Is it just people who have already pre-ordered the games/made other pokemon related purchases?

That's what I'm thinking... Yikes! I wonder if this demo will actually be free.

That's what I'm thinking... Yikes! I wonder if this demo will actually be free.
I'm wondering about that as well.
Sending them out to the people who have preordered them would be a weird move, as it really defeats the whole purpose of demos in the first place.
However I can see them being sent out to people who recently bought a similar game, or bought anything really. I'm not sure if you can make an account on those retailers homepages but that could also be enough of an opportunity. I guess it all depends on which store you go to. Even Japan has to pay for them (you have to buy a Corocoro copy to get a unique code if I understand correctly).
Still crossing my fingers for free pickup though (if Norway gets them at all, that is).

Last edited:

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I'm anxiously awaiting the revelation of how the US will get it. I could so see it being Pokemoncenter.com promo.

Rio!

Composer
Oh, you know it's going to be a Gamestop serial code. They've been loving those lately.

I know right? Good grief, for those nice days when we could simply download in-store or even simply off the internet. XD
Maybe it'll be offered along-side one of the events we're supposed to get next month *though that would be kind of late*.

Last edited:

JW1004

I am pretty sad that I have to attend an event to get the demo, so I probably won't get it in the end, since I don't be able to attend anything with my weekend job and current school stuff. It would be much easier if you could just download the demo.

.Aerodactyl.

I am pretty sad that I have to attend an event to get the demo, so I probably won't get it in the end, since I don't be able to attend anything with my weekend job and current school stuff. It would be much easier if you could just download the demo.

My guess, they will have an event or code for early demo access, and then come like, November, it will be downloadable in the eshop, kind of like Brawl.

If it is some kind of code that has to be given away, hopefully we as a community can work together to try and help eachother out, if it's possible.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I am sad there is no news on when the US gets this demo.
It feels like this game is an eternity away, but its only about a couple months to go. I do like the 2DS bundles they announced though!
After the whole Pokémon Bank fiasco (I'm still ashamed of myself for how I acted during that mess) the one thing I learned about waiting for these kinds of things is to just be patient. It may seem like forever, but there's still other things you can do in the mean time, and pining for it will just make things worse.

Besides, based on how the demo's being released in Europe and how the last few events have been distributed, I unfortunately feel that the only way to get the demo will be through either going to Game Stop or buying a specific 3DS game from a specific store (similar to how the serial codes for the DW Sinnoh starters were only available if you bought a copy of BW2 at Walmart), so only a hand full of people will actually be able to play the demo anyway

JW1004

My guess, they will have an event or code for early demo access, and then come like, November, it will be downloadable in the eshop, kind of like Brawl.

If it is some kind of code that has to be given away, hopefully we as a community can work together to try and help eachother out, if it's possible.

I hope so, it would be great if everyone could play the demo :)

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Has anyone figured out what pokemon you get to 'keep' from playing the demo? *I assume not but I want to ask anyway*

Well, since the demo shows higher leveled pokes, probably the only thing remaining is the starter's Mega Stone (And possibly other items)... Would be funny to start the adventure with a lvl 36 Swampert :p

Akashin

Well, since the demo shows higher leveled pokes, probably the only thing remaining is the starter's Mega Stone (And possibly other items)... Would be funny to start the adventure with a lvl 36 Swampert :p

It's been strongly hinted that it's to be a Mega we haven't seen before, so I doubt it's just a Mega Starter we'll get to use (though it's possible that could happen, too; who knows).

Photonkrios95

Has anyone figured out what pokemon you get to 'keep' from playing the demo? *I assume not but I want to ask anyway*

We've been told we get 2 things;

1. Any reward Items (inc. the 'Exclusive' Mega Stone) found within the demo.
2. The Unseen Pokemon that is capable of Mega Evolution, via said stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.