• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
I think it'll be a mega Jirachi. It would make sense that they wouldn't make the demo so straightforward if it had not one but two events (jirachi and its mega stone). They've given us legends at the start of the game before and all this talk about the mega stone seemingly be exclusive and what not does support this.

.Aerodactyl.

I'm probably the only one who thinks that we won't get an exclusive anything. I think the mega will be our started and maybe something we haven't seen before like mega exploud or something. I think whatever is in the demo we will be able to get in the actual game, they just don't want us to grow attached to our little grovyle in the demo then loose him forever when we get the actual game. I think the demo will really just give us the opportunity to get two starters.

Photonkrios95

I thought we got any and all pokemon/items we collected in the demo.

Ofifcial sites comment;

During the course of this adventure, you’ll be surprised to encounter familiar Pokémon that can now Mega Evolve! What’s more, you can bring this Pokémon into your full Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire game. You can even bring over the reward items that you obtained during your Special Demo Version adventure.

Defiantly means the only pokemon we can transfer is this 'unseen' mega. The only thing we can really say has any uncertainty is what addition items are included, aside from the Mega Stone.

.Aerodactyl.

Ofifcial sites comment;

Defiantly means the only pokemon we can transfer is this 'unseen' mega. The only thing we can really say has any uncertainty is what addition items are included, aside from the Mega Stone.

I don't know, the wording is just not precise enough for me to make a strong opinion either way. In the first part, its speaking in the plural about mega evolving Pokemon, then it switches to the singular. Sounds like the starters to me. "Look at all these mega evolving Pokemon, now pick just one!"

Thanks for the information though, its definitely food for thought. I guess we'll just have to see.

Rio!

Composer
Just as a thought, it would be kind of nice if a starter was picked from the Johto line-up and it ended up as an obtainable Mega. Kind of similar to the Torchic/Blazikenite promo.
Though since Jynx still has that copyright deal as well, she's a possible candidate for the Mega we haven't seen before either. J/s. :B

.Aerodactyl.

Just as a thought, it would be kind of nice if a starter was picked from the Johto line-up and it ended up as an obtainable Mega. Kind of similar to the Torchic/Blazikenite promo.
Though since Jynx still has that copyright deal as well, she's a possible candidate for the Mega we haven't seen before either. J/s. :B

That would make me so,so happy!

Photonkrios95

I don't know, the wording is just not precise enough for me to make a strong opinion either way. In the first part, its speaking in the plural about mega evolving Pokemon, then it switches to the singular. Sounds like the starters to me. "Look at all these mega evolving Pokemon, now pick just one!"

Thanks for the information though, its definitely food for thought. I guess we'll just have to see.

If it helps, the most recent version, form the announcement with the 2DS bundle, says;

The Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version features gameplay that players won’t experience anywhere else. During the course of this early adventure, players are likely to encounter a familiar Pokémon that can now Mega Evolve. What’s more, this Mega-Evolved Pokémon can be brought into the full Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire games. Reward items obtained during the Special Demo Version adventure can also be brought into the full game. Details about how to bring Pokémon and items into the full game will be announced soon.

.Aerodactyl.

Now that's more like it! Now I see what you all mean by exclusive mega. Thanks for the info, I don't know how I missed that!

I'm going to assume that the US is going to do something with Gamestop, Toys R' Us, Best Buy, and maybe Target. Or at least, demos will be present at those locations as all of those have had Nintendo events in recent years. Gamestop is definitely going to be the code distributor though.

I feel like I want to complain simply because the Gamestop in my town is in this really inconvenient strip mall that is really kind of annoying to get to. But that isn't the fault of Gamestop and Nintendo so much as the city planners XD.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Alright, I preordered Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire with the Steelbooks at my local game store, but the release date continues to be November 21st. I suspect we here may get an early release...

Photonkrios95

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Welp it appears to me that i wont be able to get this Demos 210 points away of platinum in Nclub and unable to go to any event since i live in latinamerica...I hope they dony forget about australia this time, they always get a shorter end of the stick than us.

.Aerodactyl.

Almost as if that has nothing to do with it...

??? Don't know what you mean, I was just trying to make a joke, I don't seriously think they'd punish whole regions for that. Do you?

Welp it appears to me that i wont be able to get this Demos 210 points away of platinum in Nclub and unable to go to any event since i live in latinamerica...I hope they dony forget about australia this time, they always get a shorter end of the stick than us.

I'm still thinking its going to come on the eshop for free after the initial two week hype, we'll probablt get it in November. Brawl did, so hopefully this demo does the same thing. If not, at least they'll be ample coverage of it.

Last edited:

Fayh

Well, at least they make it super easy to get the demo for us in Germany.
I will be passing a McDonald's on my way to university at 7 AM that day and just drop by to get the download. I am glad that they have the same date for the demo everywhere so far.

And since I have three 3DS consoles, I can hopefully give away two demo codes IF they are not systembound.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Well, at least they make it super easy to get the demo for us in Germany.
I will be passing a McDonald's on my way to university at 7 AM that day and just drop by to get the download. I am glad that they have the same date for the demo everywhere so far.

And since I have three 3DS consoles, I can hopefully give away two demo codes IF they are not systembound.[/QUOTE

Good for you. I just wish they would tell us the details for North America already. Its driving me insane waiting to hear how I can get the demo. I hope its Gamestop.

Status
Not open for further replies.