• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photonkrios95

Hey guys, so i live in the UK and pre-ordered Alpha Sapphire from GAME a while ago - i'm not sure how the demo process works could anybody explain?

Will the code be sent to me via email and i simply enter it online via my 3DS to get the demo? Do i have to go in-store, get a code and then go online at the store? etc.

It's quite confusing, i'd appreciate the help thanks.

The retailers that are going to e-mail the code out, under currently unknown criteria, are Amazon, Smyth Toys Superstores, ShopTo and the Nintendo UK Official Store.

To receive the code from GAME, you need to go to your nearest participating game store and connect to Nintendo Zone to receive the Demo.

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
Well North America sure is getting treated like crap this time around between pre-order bonuses and demo stuff. Why Game Freak? We pay the same amount as everyone else does for the game. Why not treat everyone fairly?

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
[ACE] Zero;17427012 said:
Well North America sure is getting treated like crap this time around between pre-order bonuses and demo stuff. Why Game Freak? We pay the same amount as everyone else does for the game. Why not treat everyone fairly?

Because we will buy it regardless they dont even need to try to sell it.

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
Because we will buy it regardless they dont even need to try to sell it.

Doesn't matter, usually they only give lots of perks and bonuses to those in Japan (see Events and Promotions) but now they are doing the whole other side of the world, I mean come on they are doing South Africa, really? Can't argue the whole "NA is a strong buyer" because Europe is also and plenty of their countries are getting the detials allready. All I'm saying is for GF to at LEAST say "Hey NA, you will get the demo on 11/20!! LULZ"

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
[ACE] Zero;17427024 said:
Doesn't matter, usually they only give lots of perks and bonuses to those in Japan (see Events and Promotions) but now they are doing the whole other side of the world, I mean come on they are doing South Africa, really? Can't argue the whole "NA is a strong buyer" because Europe is also and plenty of their countries are getting the detials allready. All I'm saying is for GF to at LEAST say "Hey NA, you will get the demo on 11/20!! LULZ"

Another possible explanation could be DivaSTOP going full cashcow with this in the negotiations with nintendo of america publicity department.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
[ACE] Zero;17427012 said:

1) I'll use this card again. NA gets the game the same time as Japan. Europe doesn't. Who's really not being treated fairly here?
2) You're saying NA is being treated like crap because of "demo stuff". Why? Just because they haven't announced anything yet? Be patient. NA is going to get the demo (And I'm betting probably the same time as everyone else does)

But I agree on one thing - GameFreak don't treat every territory fairly. But it's not exactly brand new information.

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
[ACE] Zero;17427024 said:

Gee you really need to take a step back. People in South Africa haven't gotten ANY events AT ALL for at least the past 3 years. And despite the fact that it's already been confirmed NA will get the demo, and at the same time as everyone else most likely, you still feel that you should have YOUR confirmation over people who never get anything? And have you considered the fact that maybe Pokemon of NA already decided on a set date to reveal how to get the demo, but Pokemon of EU/etc chose an earlier date? Take a look at the bigger picture rather than just focusing on yourself why don't you.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
1) I'll use this card again. NA gets the game the same time as Japan. Europe doesn't. Who's really not being treated fairly here?

OMG SUCH a big deal! That card is so played out and laughable I can't even begin to tear it apart without cackling uncontrollably. Those TORTUOUS extra seven days Europeans are forced to wait must be so excruciating for you Europeans that you'll never ever get over it EVEN WHEN LOOKING AT THE DAMN STEELBOOK THAT HOUSES YOUR GAME.

Anyways, why are we whining over a DEMO? It could be an exclusive Mega Ninjask with Sturdy for all we know. It's not a big deal and we'll get it in NA even if it's the day before release.

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
OMG SUCH a big deal! That card is so played out and laughable I can't even begin to tear it apart without cackling uncontrollably. Those TORTUOUS extra seven days Europeans are forced to wait must be so excruciating for you Europeans that you'll never ever get over it EVEN WHEN LOOKING AT THE DAMN STEELBOOK THAT HOUSES YOUR GAME.

Anyways, why are we whining over a DEMO? It could be an exclusive Mega Ninjask with Sturdy for all we know. It's not a big deal and we'll get it in NA even if it's the day before release.

lol, although you could apply the same logic to the whole 'they get steelbooks and we don't' as well.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
lol, although you could apply the same logic to the whole 'they get steelbooks and we don't' as well.

*Facepalm* No, you really can't. One is a premium collector's item that comes free of charge with purchase while the other is just getting the basic product a few days. One perk lasts forever and the other fades away as soon as the week is over.

But, then again, I'm talking to someone who thinks a week earlier release date is equal to steelbook packaging. #ByeFelicia

Photonkrios95

*Facepalm* No, you really can't. One is a premium collector's item that comes free of charge with purchase

>Says its a free of charge premium item.
>Only one of 2 stores that carries it has it as such.

Ok then.

Last edited:

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
One is a premium collector's item that comes free of charge with purchase while the other is just getting the basic product a few days. One perk lasts forever and the other fades away as soon as the week is over.

Yes the AGONY of not having a STEEL CASE to hold your ORAS game in is SO TERRIBLE right? I mean, in 20 years time, when you don't have an AMAZING STEEL CASE to hold your ORAS game in it's totally going to be the END OF THE WORLD! It's a steel case, not some amazing collectors sculpture worth £200. And it's only free of charge from the Nintendo UK store, at GAME which is the only other place iirc it's available in as it costs more than the standard game and you can't get the figure either.

But, then again, I'm talking to someone who thinks a week earlier release date is equal to steelbook packaging. #ByeFelicia

I actually agree with you on the steelcase=/=one week dleay thing, of course I do have to mention that neither is really worth getting worked up over. The fact that we even get the games easily when many pokefans have to deal with absurd prices and other issues really puts it into perspective how spoilt we are.

#ByeFelicia
Resorting to what is essentially an insult all because you misunderstood someone is kinda silly, we're here to speculate, not get into hissy fits because someone on the internet has a different opinion to us. Grow up.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

A Silver soul.
Well, assuming NA gets it at the same time other countries do, we should get news sometime before the 15th. They might even wait till the 14th to announce anything. They just might postpone the demo for NA until later though, who knows. I'll be waiting for news until then.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
>Says its a free of charge premium item.
>Doesn't realise a fair few places are charging extra.

Ok then.

"A fair few places" does not throw a wrench in what I said. A "fair few" Gamestops were forcing people to pre-order ORAS before they could get the Mega Stones for Heracross/Pinsir, did that mean it wasn't free just because certain stores decided to make a profit instead of following the rules?

Ok then. #tryagain

Photonkrios95

"A fair few places" does not throw a wrench in what I said. A "fair few" Gamestops were forcing people to pre-order ORAS before they could get the Mega Stones for Heracross/Pinsir, did that mean it wasn't free just because certain stores decided to make a profit instead of following the rules?

Ok then. #tryagain

The difference being that Americans could easily call GameStop out on their BS, and easily prove them wrong with the Official Site, where it would say no purchase necessary. And if that doesn't work they can easily report said store for abusing their position in those circumstances. Care to suggest and way that Europe can get an equal price on both editions where ever they shop.

And unless "a fair few GameStops" means all branches of that store, then the point doesn't mean much as those are isolated incidents, again, different to the situation with the Steelcase.

And, frankly, the fact your still complaining about this is a joke.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
The difference being that Americans could easily call GameStop out on their BS, and easily prove them wrong with the Official Site, where it would say no purchase necessary. And if that doesn't work they can easily report said store for abusing their position in those circumstances. Care to suggest and way that Europe can get an equal price on both editions where ever they shop.

And unless "a fair few GameStops" means all branches of that store, then the point doesn't mean much as those are isolated incidents, again, different to the situation with the Steelcase.

My friend boycotted their entrance snf called 27 people to sit in front of them to avoid people entering while attemting to call the news and usung a megaphone to call them scammers. In less than 2 hours they gave up on their preorder tauruspie and gave them the codes. Its all a matter if actually doing something.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Yes the AGONY of not having a STEEL CASE to hold your ORAS game in is SO TERRIBLE right? I mean, in 20 years time, when you don't have an AMAZING STEEL CASE to hold your ORAS game in it's totally going to be the END OF THE WORLD! It's a steel case, not some amazing collectors sculpture worth £200. And it's only free of charge from the Nintendo UK store, at GAME which is the only other place iirc it's available in as it costs more than the standard game and you can't get the figure either.

I actually agree with you on the steelcase=/=one week dleay thing, of course I do have to mention that neither is really worth getting worked up over. The fact that we even get the games easily when many pokefans have to deal with absurd prices and other issues really puts it into perspective how spoilt we are.

You didn't understand what I was saying. I was specifically talking about the people who are saying "NA is getting a week before, who's really being treated unfairly". Yeah, it's not $200 and yeah it's not the end of the world but, give me a break, you're really going to claim that someone can express the same exasperation between the two situations? No matter how you cut it a collector's item(s) is a far better a deal over a week early release.

Fine. I see that it's not exactly free since it's a few pounds above SRP but it comes with a figurine? I'm sorry but if they offered that deal up today on NoA's website or the Pokémon Center website, I would not even be bothered at them charging extra for it.

Resorting to what is essentially an insult all because you misunderstood someone is kinda silly, we're here to speculate, not get into hissy fits because someone on the internet has a different opinion to us. Grow up.

I didn't misunderstand you at all though and this isn't the first time this has been discussed at all. It also wasn't "resorting" it was a damn dismissal because I'm over this discussion about it being "no big deal". There are people who value steelbooks and there are those who don't. That's just that.

Speaking of being "over it"....

Then stop responding to me. I'm not posting for you and you can do the same. The only reason I responded to your salty self is because you keep coming at me, I'll make sure to ignore you next time though. xxxo

Its all a matter if actually doing something.

Basically! Though the "be happy with what you get!" people in this thread don't understand this though...

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master

First, calm the hell down. Second, like I said, I was using it to counter him when he was saying NA was being treated unfairly because they had yet to announce the details of their demo, and saying that IF. IF. anyone was to say they were being untreated fairly, it'd be Europe, but that GAMEFREAK ARE NEVER FAIR SO IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Thirdly, you're moaning about people saying it's unfair about getting a week later but you're complaining about a steelcase that does nothing but raises the resale price of the game. Neither are that life changing.

Last edited:

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
You didn't understand what I was saying. I was specifically talking about the people who are saying "NA is getting a week before, who's really being treated unfairly". Yeah, it's not $200 and yeah it's not the end of the world but, give me a break, you're really going to claim that someone can express the same exasperation between the two situations? No matter how you cut it a collector's item(s) is a far better a deal over a week early release.

It's not Steelbook vs week delay. It's steelbook that you have to pay for vs week delay. Nintendo UK store is only available to a small proportion of EU fans. Even then, it's simply not an option for many people, with going to a GAME store being the only alternative where again, they have to pay more.

The only reason I responded to your salty self is because you keep coming at me, I'll make sure to ignore you next time though. xxxo
I know this isn't directed at me but again, you're resorting to childish jabs what with 'salty self' that only heat discussions into arguments. Can you not just say 'I know you disagree with me but you don't have to respond to me, I'm simply putting my opinion out there'? That isn't too much to ask is it?

Fine. I see that it's not exactly free since it's a few pounds above SRP but it comes with a figurine? I'm sorry but if they offered that deal up today on NoA's website or the Pokémon Center website, I would not even be bothered at them charging extra for it.
There are people who value steelbooks and there are those who don't. That's just that.

If you want it that badly then you can order it online, people will sell the figures and case on Ebay and the like. Sure it'll cost a little bit and you may have to wait, say, a week but that's no big deal considering other places don't even get the game till a week later. Hell, even Japan doesn't get the steelbooks. They have their own exclusives but they'll still need to use the same method to get the steelbookes as anyone else will.

I didn't misunderstand you at all though and this isn't the first time this has been discussed at all. It also wasn't "resorting" it was a damn dismissal because I'm over this discussion about it being "no big deal".

Funny how you claim it was a dismissal since you were 'over' discussing this yet replied anyways.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
It's not Steelbook vs week delay. It's steelbook that you have to pay for vs week delay. Nintendo UK store is only available to a small proportion of EU fans. Even then, it's simply not an option for many people, with going to a GAME store being the only alternative where again, they have to pay more.

I don't know, I guess it's just that I actually like limited editions/steelbooks so "paying more" is not even a big deal for me to be completely honest. As long as I don't need to go through hoops to get a product that wouldn't work for me (which is how I would have for this damn steelbook especially considering the region lock).

I know this isn't directed at me but again, you're resorting to childish jabs what with 'salty self' that only heat discussions into arguments. Can you not just say 'I know you disagree with me but you don't have to respond to me, I'm simply putting my opinion out there'? That isn't too much to ask is it?

Believe it or not, some come from a different background than you. What's inflammatory for one is just simple playful banter for another. This is Pokémon forum ffs.

Besides that, real talk, that member is salty though! He always comes at me in the most shadiest way and it's like "gurl, please".

If you want it that badly then you can order it online, people will sell the figures and case on Ebay and the like. Sure it'll cost a little bit and you may have to wait, say, a week but that's no big deal considering other places don't even get the game till a week later. Hell, even Japan doesn't get the steelbooks. They have their own exclusives but they'll still need to use the same method to get the steelbookes as anyone else will.

I might have to go that route for the case as long as it doesn't have that ugly rating on the back. The front looks good though without it so hopefully the back won't have it either.

I forgot that Japan only gets the art book and different figurines. The US not getting anything though... *side-eyes NoA and GF*

Funny how you claim it was a dismissal since you were 'over' discussing this yet replied anyways.

I'm over the topic but there were things I felt like addressing between our little (such as you not understanding my point and the tea about it not actually being free).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.