• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
1) I'll use this card again. NA gets the game the same time as Japan. Europe doesn't. Who's really not being treated fairly here?
2) You're saying NA is being treated like crap because of "demo stuff". Why? Just because they haven't announced anything yet? Be patient. NA is going to get the demo (And I'm betting probably the same time as everyone else does)

But I agree on one thing - GameFreak don't treat every territory fairly. But it's not exactly brand new information.

You forgetting ALL the events that Japan gets the everyone else doesnt get? Like the events that are at the train stations over there? Anyone who isnt Japanese doesnt have a chance at getting these kind of events unless some nice person clones them and distributes. Why? We bought the game and paid the same as Japanese people did.

Gee you really need to take a step back. People in South Africa haven't gotten ANY events AT ALL for at least the past 3 years. And despite the fact that it's already been confirmed NA will get the demo, and at the same time as everyone else most likely, you still feel that you should have YOUR confirmation over people who never get anything? And have you considered the fact that maybe Pokemon of NA already decided on a set date to reveal how to get the demo, but Pokemon of EU/etc chose an earlier date? Take a look at the bigger picture rather than just focusing on yourself why don't you.

My point is that South Africa is a blip in the sales chart compared to NA, why didn't they announce the same date at least? Did they get Amnesia that NA exists? How about pre-order bonuses? Why do EU countries get better things so far than NA does? Shouldn't it be straight across the board? Everyone is paying the exact same price for the game non?

Oh in case you forgot (might have been before your time) when Ruby/Sapphire came out EVERYONE got the awesome coin/medallion things for pre-ordering. If it was done back then, what is holding the from NA getting figurines or stellbook cases?

Last edited:

Photonkrios95

Neither are that life changing.

Something the worst of both sides need to learn.

[ACE] Zero;17427461 said:
Everyone is paying the exact same price for the game non?

Price in US (lowest seen): $39.99, Approx. £24.62, approx 31.53 Euro.
Prince in UK (Lowest seen): £32.99, approx. $53.59, approx 42.24 Euro
Prince in EU (Lowest seen): 42.99 Euro, approx £33.57, $54.53

Last edited:

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
[ACE] Zero;17427461 said:
You forgetting ALL the events that Japan gets the everyone else doesnt get? Like the events that are at the train stations over there? Anyone who isnt Japanese doesnt have a chance at getting these kind of events unless some nice person clones them and distributes. Why? We bought the game and paid the same as Japanese people did.

We all know Japan is heavily favoured because Pokémon is a first and foremost a Japanese brand and always will be. I'm not forgetting anything. I don't see what that has to do with you complaining that it's unfair that NA hasn't got demo info yet when it's most likely going to be revealed soon and end up being that the demo is coming to the U.S. at the same time as everyone else.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
We have just over two weeks until the release of the Demo. We've only heard from Europe and Australia for the Demo. I can't find any news of a US or Japanese Demo distribution method, on almost all the Major sites that covers Pokémon.

Two weeks is a long time, especially when many of us will be playing Smash in less than a Weeks time.

Personally, I'd make sure you've got Club Nintendo Account and Pokemon.com Account sending you Emails and you check Serebii everyday.

As for the pre-order extras, Two months is plenty of time for them to show them off.

Personally, I'm glad I'm not waiting for 10 months for the game to arrive in the UK, if at all. I still think 19 years is a little too much.

Photonkrios95

I can't find any news of a...Japanese Demo distribution method,

Japan are getting the Demo via a serial code given out in CoroCoro's 15/10/14 issue. This has been known since we've known about the demo.

Zoldakin

Some of the arguments people have online are ridiculous lol, no offense intended. I too am very anxious for an NA demo made easily available. The extent of this argument is crazy though. At the end of the day, as much as I love my pokemon, it's a game after all guys. We should all just calm down. No steel cases or demos are important enough to warrant such arguing or extremes, especially for the guy who said his friend boycotted the store as scammers. Lol, talk about overdoing it. I know I'm gonna get flamed for this post though, lol, bring on the fanatics XD. Anyways, I hope we find out about the demo in NA soon though. I am pretty hyped for it and I'd prefer my hopes to be dashed sooner rather than later.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Some of the arguments people have online are ridiculous lol, no offense intended. I too am very anxious for an NA demo made easily available. The extent of this argument is crazy though. At the end of the day, as much as I love my pokemon, it's a game after all guys. We should all just calm down. No steel cases or demos are important enough to warrant such arguing or extremes, especially for the guy who said his friend boycotted the store as scammers. Lol, talk about overdoing it. I know I'm gonna get flamed for this post though, lol, bring on the fanatics XD. Anyways, I hope we find out about the demo in NA soon though. I am pretty hyped for it and I'd prefer my hopes to be dashed sooner rather than later.

No need to bash, everyone got their opinions. Im a bit proud of my friend and also sad since she forego the fear of looking ridiculous in the midle of a tantrum. I mean she got what she wanted and allowed other to get the event the way it should have been distributed but she really went a bit too far by calling the news and disturbing the peace while abusing social networks to disrupt the public order in a store. Effective hell yes, the best way to do it...questionable.

alakazam^

I'm from Europe and I import the games from Japan and, in order not to miss the Beldum event, I'll have to pay a bit more for shipping because otherwise I'd wait around 1 to 2 months to get the games. Did I win?

.Aerodactyl.

For those who are in the States and are sad about the lack of pre-order bonuses or whatever, why not change your pre-order to Toys "R" Us? Aren't they giving out plushies of mega charizard with a pre-order? That sound's like a pretty cool pre-order bonus. I can't remember where I heard it, but I just thought it was a great pre-order bonus and I was thinking of pre-ordering through them, but it was only for the states and not Canada. I don't know the details, so those in the states should look into it!

Personally, all the pre-order stuff is just sort of junkie to me. I don't need a little figurine or a steel case. I can't use them for anything, I look at them once and it just takes space. I don't even like any of the legendary Pokemon but Mew. I'd rather an aerodactyl figurine or plushie. But, to each his own.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Personally, all the pre-order stuff is just sort of junkie to me. I don't need a little figurine or a steel case. I can't use them for anything, I look at them once and it just takes space. I don't even like any of the legendary Pokemon but Mew. I'd rather an aerodactyl figurine or plushie. But, to each his own.

Yep. Personally, I would much rather have the actual games a week earlier. A steel case just seems frivolous to me; my game will be spending most of its time in my 3DS anyway.

Pilpulp

美的
Everyone's complaining about pre-order bonuses and my figurines are collecting dust and my poster hasn't even been hung.

Can't you buy this stuff on e-bay anyways?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
No, it was that they shouldn't complain about something thats rather insignificant in the grand scheme of things, especially when they do get to enjoy the new games sooner and they will ultimately play less for the game (barring 2nd hand sales).

Everyone's complaining about pre-order bonuses and my figurines are collecting dust and my poster hasn't even been hung.

Can't you buy this stuff on e-bay anyways?

Sometimes you can, but some things are hard to find, condition can be sketchy and you of course will end up paying a lot more than you would had you just gotten it with the preorder.

For those who are in the States and are sad about the lack of pre-order bonuses or whatever, why not change your pre-order to Toys "R" Us? Aren't they giving out plushies of mega charizard with a pre-order? That sound's like a pretty cool pre-order bonus. I can't remember where I heard it, but I just thought it was a great pre-order bonus and I was thinking of pre-ordering through them, but it was only for the states and not Canada. I don't know the details, so those in the states should look into it!

Unfortunately, the closest Toys R' Us is about a thirty minute drive so Gamestop is my only place to preorder. Luckily, I'm not particularly big on pre order trinkets. I like them when I can get them, but I'm not exactly broken up that I don't get one. Though I heard Japan is getting an art book or something (I can't remember the details) and I would absolutely love that to be brought over to the states simply because it will be more expensive to ship from Japan.

.Aerodactyl.

Unfortunately, the closest Toys R' Us is about a thirty minute drive so Gamestop is my only place to preorder. Luckily, I'm not particularly big on pre order trinkets. I like them when I can get them, but I'm not exactly broken up that I don't get one. Though I heard Japan is getting an art book or something (I can't remember the details) and I would absolutely love that to be brought over to the states simply because it will be more expensive to ship from Japan.
Thirty minutes is less time then it takes me to get to work. Guess I'm doing something wrong :/

I will admit, the art books do sound neat. Are they like, hard cover or pamphlets or something?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
when will Game Freak give out the real best pre-order bonus: Xenoblade Chronicles soundtracks

Zoldakin

No need to bash, everyone got their opinions. Im a bit proud of my friend and also sad since she forego the fear of looking ridiculous in the midle of a tantrum. I mean she got what she wanted and allowed other to get the event the way it should have been distributed but she really went a bit too far by calling the news and disturbing the peace while abusing social networks to disrupt the public order in a store. Effective hell yes, the best way to do it...questionable.

My apologies, I had no intention to bash anyone. Just saying, I don't think pre order bonuses are worth flaming each other. Also, I wasn't saying your friend was wrong or doing something questionable. I admire anyone who peaceably protests. I just think there are better things to protest than pokemon preorder bonuses. But to each their own right. I don't intend to step on anyone's opinions.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Sometimes you can, but some things are hard to find, condition can be sketchy and you of course will end up paying a lot more than you would had you just gotten it with the preorder.

Yeah, that's the problem I have with bothering with eBay, the prices can sometimes get really steep and you can't be too sure you'll get exactly what you're looking for. Though it's good to check out the reviews but one can never be too sure. TBH I fully expect the steelbook case alone will likely be up at full price simply for being a region exclusive collector's item.

Thirty minutes is less time then it takes me to get to work. Guess I'm doing something wrong :/

I will admit, the art books do sound neat. Are they like, hard cover or pamphlets or something?

Gamestop is 10 minutes away, maybe 15 if I go at a time with a lot of traffic. It's on this one really annoying corner where it's really easy to get hit if you aren't careful, but it's way closer. I also have a car that barely works. The steering is shaky at best, making even backing up a chore. If it rains, the brakes are touchy enough to send you lurching forward if you don't literally creep. There is no radio for the most part. There is no air conditioning. The heater's only setting is burn your face off. Sometimes the engine just turns off. If I can't afford to fix any of those things, then I probably don't have substantial enough gas money to drive thirty minutes for a toy.

This was all I could find on what exactly the art book is going to be: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_size. Not quite sure what that means, but I'm guessing hard cover?

ummm, that's a wiki page for international paper size standards.... Not sure if that's what u meant to link.

I dunno that's what Bulbagarden linked to. They also had the correct size listed as well though, I just forgot to add that.

Status
Not open for further replies.