• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon1

I'm still deciding on a team XD... I'll probably trade over pokemon from X if I can't get them before beating the 5th or 6th Gym. I think I'll start with Blaziken, and then use the Event Beldum, trade over the event gengar and use that, mega altaria cause DD Pixilate Altaria's epic, not sure what else... I probably should have a grass type and a water type, so Milotic for the water, and then Kyogre when I get it. For the grass, I might go with Shiftry or Roserade, r I might just ditch grass altogether and use maybe Jolteon instead... Team's still WIP though.

Creyk

I really love some starter pokemon, like the Turtwig, Chikorita or Oshawott line,but I tend to not use them in my initial playthrough.
I already decided on my team, and it was so much fun breeding everything and EV training them in Y, getting them ready for what's ahead of them in ORAS. I love to use pokemon not available within the region because it makes my team more unique and the game more interesting. So I will be transferring all of my team members, who are pokemon I like but just didn't get to use so far. They are:
Cleffa, Skrelp, Druddigon, Starly, Petilil, Skorupi.
I also got all the ribbons onto them which are available in XY, so it will be fun to get them even more through contest in ORAS *___* I love taking care of my pokemon.

dragon1

Although, tbh, I think this generation featured the first actually competitively viable starters. First it was protean grennja, and now it's Blaziken, Sceptile AND Swampert.

I have issues with two teams one involves mega swampert (only starter mega I would want to use + I like having a water type) and mega altaria (prob my fav mega of ORAS)

Regardless these will be for sure on my team:
- Metagross, Salamance, Gardevoir

Not sure which other pokemon to include from these:
Gallade, Blazekin, Roserade, Breloom, Roserade

If anyone has any advice on which mega, extra pokemon to include that would be nice ^^ If anything I dont play competivley and Im an all out attacker more or less (I always use 4 attacking moves for each poke) :D

Cant wait till this game comes out! Although its gonna be hard balancing this and Super Smash Bros Wii U at the same time ._. (I know for sure ima stop playing SSB on my 3DS lol)

Who's already planned their pokemon team for the game?

alakazam^

I'm not sure discussing teams is on-topic and it clogs up the thread with stuff that not everyone cares about.

So it's releasing on the 21st. I think I'm getting it from Gamestop but I think I will wait till Black Friday for the deals.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm not sure discussing teams is on-topic and it clogs up the thread with stuff that not everyone cares about.

That's kind of why I suggested we should consider opening a team discussion thread

Anyway, I already pre-ordered Omega Ruby at Game Stop & I'm planning on picking up some time that day (though I promised myself not to play it until after I submit my grad school application). I just need to decide whether or not to pre-order Alpha Sapphire, download it digitally, or just add it to my Christmas list

Creyk

That's kind of why I suggested we should consider opening a team discussion thread

Anyway, I already pre-ordered Omega Ruby at Game Stop & I'm planning on picking up some time that day (though I promised myself not to play it until after I submit my grad school application). I just need to decide whether or not to pre-order Alpha Sapphire, download it digitally, or just add it to my Christmas list

It comes out at the 27nd for me, but luckily that's a Friday.
I might skip everything that day, just storm into the store and play for 3 days straight with an occasional break to sleep a couple of hours.
It's so exciting because I already invited a friend over who is also getting it on release day so we'll play it side by side and experience it all together *__*

ayyyyy

Does anyone know what time people can start getting ORAS in Japan and Australia - will it be right at midnight? It'll be the 21st in those places while it's still the 20th here so I want to know when I should start avoiding sites before people post spoilers.

Photonkrios95

Does anyone know what time people can start getting ORAS in Japan and Australia - will it be right at midnight? It'll be the 21st in those places while it's still the 20th here so I want to know when I should start avoiding sites before people post spoilers.

Might want to try a couple of days minimum. If its like XY was last year, may want to stretch it out to about a week.

Creyk

There are always special people who get the games like 3-4 days before release date, I don't know why.
But I'm happy about it, just think about it, we'll have a bunch of in-depth leaks in 2 weeks probably, Corocoro should come out this weekend....it's a lovely time ^^

Photonkrios95

There are always special people who get the games like 3-4 days before release date, I don't know why.

And then theres the average-Joe's who are happy/surprised to get the game 1 day early. And have the Torchic event be early to, that was just weird.

Mega Typhlosion

I remember that the original Ruby/Sapphire versions came to Portugal one week before the date. I was passing by the store by accident and saw them there!

I just know I'm going to get Omega Ruby on its launching day (probably next day actually, because I work late on the release day).

And I'm sure it's been discussed, but I'm pretty annoyed by the fact that they had to make Europe's launch a week late to please Japan and the US. Well, one week is nothing hopefully ^^

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
And I'm sure it's been discussed, but I'm pretty annoyed by the fact that they had to make Europe's launch a week late to please Japan and the US.

I can assure you this isn't the reason behind the delay. That said, I don't know exactly why we're getting it a week later, but it may have something to do with the game rating companies.

Trainer Grey

Epic Trainer
So I just saw the new screenshot on the Serebii page of ORAS. I am kind of disappointed about the looks of the in-battle menu on the lower screen. It looks way too playfull for me. I hope this is customisable. I love the standard simple buttons way more: keeping it simple and clean. It had a calmer look this feels chaotic to me.
Maybe someone knows if this is changeable?

The battle menu background is changeable in XY, but the button design isn't. The same will probably hold true for ORAS, but without GF telling us, there's no way for people on an unofficial fan site to know for sure ahead of the game's release.

Jdfe

The dead player
Are these version exclusive

Will primal groundon be version exclusive? I'm planning on getting Alpha sapphire, and I would like to get primal groundon too. By the way will the reversion be limited to the legendary you catch in game?

Status
Not open for further replies.