• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
German Preview

http://www.filb.de/news/pokemon-omega-rubin-und-alpha-saphir-angespielt-2401

Important Informationen:

- Wally gets his own battle theme
- You get the Exp.Share (XY Version) in Petalburg Woods
- Video Navi confirmes different persons age (Mr.Stone is 52 Years old, Mr.Briney is 72 years old, Professor Cozmo is 40 years old (expect more)
- Mauville City have a Pokemiles-Shop, a Mirror Shop, a Ribbon Shop, the Cycle Shop, Restaurant, a (closen?) Game Corner, the Mauville TV Station, Inversion Battle House, the Battle Institute and more.
I can't wait to hear Wally's Battle Theme.

Exp Share early? Can't say I'm not surprised. Will use it anyway, especially for the event Beldum.

Cerex

German Preview
- Wally gets his own battle theme
- You get the Exp.Share (XY Version) in Petalburg Woods
- Video Navi confirmes different persons age (Mr.Stone is 52 Years old, Mr.Briney is 72 years old, Professor Cozmo is 40 years old (expect more)
- Mauville City have a Pokemiles-Shop, a Mirror Shop, a Ribbon Shop, the Cycle Shop, Restaurant, a (closen?) Game Corner, the Mauville TV Station, Inversion Battle House, the Battle Institute and more.
I figured the new Exp Share would be back. It makes the game easier sure, but also allows you to Mega Evolve during the game without having to worry about maximizes EXP game.

Glad to see that Mauville City is bringing in a lot of the Lumiose City functions. Really excited to see the restaurants return. Hopefully we get a more diverse selection of possible trainers. Why can't the type of Pokemon rotate like the Battle Chateau with just higher levels that give out EXP.

Hopefully the Pokemiles shop has more options, such as evolutionary stones, elixirs, and berries.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
The fact that the Eon Ticket is sharable through streetpass makes me SO happy! Its literally what I was hoping they'd do with Wonder Cards back in Gen IV.

rocky505

So you get the EXP Share from the dude who is looking for Shroomish most likely? That seems like the best scenario, but it doesn't mention if it's before or after the 1st gym.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
That's awesome we get the EXP share so early.

Sad about the Gamecorner. Though at least the awful game from HG/SS won't return to haunt me.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Game Corner may be closed, but we do get a lot of new stuff in Mauville.
But I can understand that the entertainment a Game Corner gives can't be compared to those new things.

PKMNOriginsRed

Pokemon Trainer
EXP Share is back? That's great!

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Sorry I have to correct myself. Filb.de speaks of a all new Music-theme for Wally, but ist not confirmed if it's a battle theme.

mewmew202

Anyone know how U.S. streetpass is going to work? Will it be like X and Y where you connect with anyone anywhere or like Smash Bros where you have to be physically near other people with street pass on?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Anyone know how U.S. streetpass is going to work? Will it be like X and Y where you connect with anyone anywhere or like Smash Bros where you have to be physically near other people with street pass on?

To be honest, we don't know.

I'm not 100% sure that Smash is using the Pass with Actual Nearby players, VS the Relay system available for most games. I should point out that what data been able to collect, could be limited due to a bug that renders most relay points inactive after the Western Release of Smash. (I spent a week before hitting at least 2 relay points, and following weeks I got very few hits.)

I would expect Nintendo to at least make Pokémon ORAS work with the Relay points.

mewmew202

I was actually unaware of relay points with Smash Bros. I've only ever encountered people using Street Pass on campus with it. Clearly I need to set Fantasy Life aside and actually look into all the features properly.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
So I have a question about the eon Ticket thing. So the way its going to work is you just have to hope your pass a player with it to get it right? There is no other way? the Ticket is how you get the opposite Twin in each game correct?

Photonkrios95

So the way its going to work is you just have to hope your pass a player with it to get it right? There is no other way?

Unless your one of the lucky few who get the pleasure of an origin point. This is what we've been told.

the Ticket is how you get the opposite Twin in each game correct?

With out having to bank/trade yes.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Unless your one of the lucky few who get the pleasure of an origin point. This is what we've been told.

With out having to bank/trade yes.

1. Hm? Interesting. I wonder how quickly this will be passed around.
2. Cool. Then I don't have to worry about it since I will have both games. Though I am curious about the whole trip to Southern Island since I didn't get the change to do that in 3rd generation.

Alli

Maybe the game corner will re open post game?

Not going to happen. EU laws prohibits it, and therefore they've taken the feature out of the games. It would be an unnecessary expense to add the Game Corner in Japan, the US, and other regions where it would be legal just to remove it from the EU games.

Not going to happen. EU laws prohibits it, and therefore they've taken the feature out of the games. It would be an unnecessary expense to add the Game Corner in Japan, the US, and other regions where it would be legal just to remove it from the EU games.

Well I did not mean as in bring back the gambling, but maybe having some other game-related function

They should really just make it into an arcade with many little mini games. Play games to get tickets and use that to buy stuff at the game corner

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

The EU rules prohibit the Slots Mini game. An Alternate Minigame was put in place for Heart Gold and Soul Sliver. Game Freak haven't put a "Slots" Minigame in a game since. In European version of Platinum, the Slots where changed to "Game Machines" and you, the player couldn't use them, other than picking up someone else forgotten winnings.

Also, in RSE, Getting the Lati@s with the Eon Ticket was the only way to get a Soul Dew. Serebii has included it on the X and Y item pages, but not give a location for it. http://serebii.net/xy/items.shtml Previously you've had go to the Dreamyard in BW2 to get one, but items are still in Unova. In HGSS, another event, with Steven Stone, gave you this item and one of the Lati@s pair. In Pokémon Battle Revolution, was the only time you could buy it.

Cerex

1. Hm? Interesting. I wonder how quickly this will be passed around.
2. Cool. Then I don't have to worry about it since I will have both games. Though I am curious about the whole trip to Southern Island since I didn't get the change to do that in 3rd generation.
My assumption is that it is going to get passed around pretty quickly once it hits the street, especially in dense urban area, rural areas are going to be much harder unfortunately. Additionally, thanks to the internet players who were fortunate to get one could arrange near by meetup and spread it from there. And then there are the regional and national championships.

At most I would wager a 2-3 months, if that, for it to be pretty spread out across the respective countries.

It would be interesting if GameFreak actually allowed players to see how quickly the Eon ticket spread across the globe.

Do we know of any special offer Pokemon like the Torchic or Garchomp from XY for these games at release yet? Crossing my fingers for Sheer Force Totadile.

Status
Not open for further replies.