• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
What is this glitch after Petalburg Woods that crashes the game? *is nervous* I did finally get the Nugget secret mission in the ORAS demo today so I'll have that to transfer over into the full game next week, big advantage early on with the money the Nugget will get me and the Pokeballs, Heal Balls, and Potions I got, and also my Mega Glalie that won't obey me until I get at least three badges. So much for my plan to pwn Roxanne at the first gym in Rustboro...ah well that's why my Starters are going to be the Grass and Water ones. I'm breeding Torchics (hopefully with Speed Boost HA) from my event Torchic I got after X and Y first came out. too so I'll have all three in both versions from trading between X and Y.

TheGreaterLucario

OK, I'm pissed. I preordered Omega Ruby at my local Gamestop, and yet they NEVER called today to let me know my order was in. Has this happened to anyone else?

BCVM22

But... if the game came out today (it did) why do they need to call you in order for you to be able to purchase it (they don't)?

halloweenghost

did anyone else get anything in their game case? all I got was typical nintendo saftey thing. nothing else..not even club nintendo stuff with the CN code on it or any type of paper that was about ORAS

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
What is this glitch after Petalburg Woods that crashes the game? *is nervous* I did finally get the Nugget secret mission in the ORAS demo today so I'll have that to transfer over into the full game next week, big advantage early on with the money the Nugget will get me and the Pokeballs, Heal Balls, and Potions I got, and also my Mega Glalie that won't obey me until I get at least three badges. So much for my plan to pwn Roxanne at the first gym in Rustboro...ah well that's why my Starters are going to be the Grass and Water ones. I'm breeding Torchics (hopefully with Speed Boost HA) from my event Torchic I got after X and Y first came out. too so I'll have all three in both versions from trading between X and Y.

It seems that it's not a glitch but instead, a bad cartridge as he just confirmed.

Kyokkai

did anyone else get anything in their game case? all I got was typical nintendo saftey thing. nothing else..not even club nintendo stuff with the CN code on it or any type of paper that was about ORAS

Haven't seen a fancy game manual in ages. No though, if you look at the back of your cover theirs club nintendo information. Odd place to put it lol. Haven't checked my Omega Ruby but I have no reason to think it'd be any different than Alpha Sapphire.

Fayh

OK, I'm pissed. I preordered Omega Ruby at my local Gamestop, and yet they NEVER called today to let me know my order was in. Has this happened to anyone else?

Why would they call you at all?
If you pre-order, you just pick up your game any time after release.
I have never heard of GameStop calling every single person who pre-ordered a game. They'd be doing nothing else all day on important release days...

Not that I got my games at Gamestop (I got mine at EB Games), but I never got a call and I still went in to pick them up.
It's weird though, why these places ask for a phone number and don't call you to tell you that you can pick your games up...

I asked this in another thread, and apparently these things are available online these days.

Rakansen

ラルフ

They texted me about my order. I don't think they explicitly asked for my phone number, but I'm a member of their Power-Up Rewards program, so they know my contact information.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
At this point I think depending on what happens with the Battle Frontier and supposed DLC, I'm either going to try and buy this used or skip it completely. This just doesn't look like a $40 game to me.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
idk if its widely known yet, but surfing on a sharpedo is faster than normal. its also really cool looking

I wonder if you can still ride lapras, and if any others do different things :3

Bluemage21

idk if its widely known yet, but surfing on a sharpedo is faster than normal. its also really cool looking

IT is already on the front page. Only WAilmer, Kyogre, and sharpedo seem to be shown

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

I noticed that as well, it was a pretty unique touch and a nice reference to its swimming abilities.

Bluemage21

Is 14-16/x/24-26/31/31/31 good IVs for Latias? Or should I continue SR'ing?

Depends on what you want to do with it. That is AMAZING for a Special attacking LAtias. what is the nature.

Anyone know when the LAti's IV and Nature are set?

Pilpulp

美的
Depends on what you want to do with it. That is AMAZING for a Special attacking LAtias. what is the nature.

Anyone know when the LAti's IV and Nature are set?

It's for competitive and it's Timid nature...

I saved my game in the area right before where Latias is.

*When you take several steps into the room where Latias is you can no longer save, so do it as soon as you get to the island, to be safe.

Last edited:

Bluemage21

It's for competitive and it's Timid nature...

I saved my game in the area right before where Latias is.

What i meant was, what kind of set-up? and yeah, absolutley PERFECT for a Special Attacking focused (bulky or not) Latias.

Also, you mean in teh first part of the island? where you land?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Is 14-16/x/24-26/31/31/31 good IVs for Latias? Or should I continue SR'ing?

Hmm. First, this basically confirms legendaries carry over 3 perfect IV's as it was in Kalos. In my personal opinion, this is perfectly fine. You got your IV's in Sp.Atk, Sp.Def and Spd which are basically what a Competitive Latias must have. You don't need Attack at all, so "X" can be anything from 0-31, no issues there. Defense as 24-26, it's not bad. HP could have been better. But all in all, I would have accepted it and continue on my journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.